https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: The Telly Thread  (Read 171157 times)

Offline jman

Re: The Telly Thread
« Reply #75 on: April 06, 2012, 05:43:26 PM »
Yeah, that news sucks, hope everything works out ok mate  :(

Offline chelseachelsea

« Reply #76 on: April 07, 2012, 05:30:51 PM »
I'm sorry Drags, I didn't see this earlier. :( But all the best to Mum and the family hopefully all will be well.........with your Mother's sense of humour, I'm sure it'll be a  breeze for her.

Offline bealec

« Reply #77 on: April 07, 2012, 07:22:26 PM »
Sorry to hear the news Drags. I hope for a speedy recovery.

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #78 on: April 08, 2012, 06:25:53 PM »
Cheers guys. Staying positive. The hospital say there's every chance of a good outcome. Surgery at her age poses as much of a risk as the type of cancer she has.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline harv

« Reply #79 on: April 10, 2012, 09:52:22 PM »
I've been watching Leverage, which is basically a US rip off of Hustle and it's excellent. Hustle went downhill for the last couple of series when they changed the cast so I've been looking for a fun programme to replace it. 8)

Edit: For the first time ever I've seen a realistic phone trace on a telly programme and am very surprised to see it was a Yank one, Leverage. This 30 seconds bollocks may have rung true donkeys years ago but these days it can be done in seconds. ;D
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 04:56:40 PM by harv »
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #80 on: April 16, 2012, 06:02:04 PM »
Game of Thrones has been renewed for a third series already. In fact it was renewed after just two episodes of the second series had aired. rd episode was last night but have not had a chance to watch it yet.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline styles

« Reply #81 on: April 21, 2012, 09:47:45 AM »
I've become a series hoarder. watching one episode at a time doesn't do anything for me.

I've about ten episodes of homeland watch :-)
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #82 on: April 21, 2012, 01:50:25 PM »
I've become a series hoarder. watching one episode at a time doesn't do anything for me.

I've about ten episodes of homeland watch :-)

YOu might as well wait for the final two episodes of Homeland then lol.

I do that with some series, but there some I have to watch every week. I'll get around to watching all of the series I have but not watched when I finish uni in June and I have some spare time.

Got the etire Sopranos collection to watch, plus seasons 3 to 7 of Supernatural. Ridiculous really, download some series every week with the intention of watching them but end up buying the DVD box sets before I've had a chance to watch what I download.

I;ve also got all 10 seasons of Smallville to watch. About 5 seasons of house.The final two seasons of Battlestar Galactic and also Caprica. Plus quite a few others I have not even taken out of the cellophane wrap.

Spent about £250 on DVD' box sets from play in the last two months. Always worth waiting for their sales. Season 6 of Supernatural on Blu-Ray was only £12.99. Never pre-order them and pay those rip off prices any more.

Offline harv

« Reply #83 on: April 21, 2012, 08:28:59 PM »
Series 8 of Supernatural should be finished in a few weeks, I always wait for a series to finish before I start watching them too...haven't got the patience to wait a whole week for the next episode lol.

You'll like Caprica drags, another excellent series that didn't get renewed :(
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline jman

« Reply #84 on: April 22, 2012, 09:52:12 AM »
I just bought the red dwarf boxset, smegging great stuff!!

Offline harv

« Reply #85 on: April 22, 2012, 08:22:54 PM »
All series of Celebrity Deathmatch is available on TV Vault now, if you haven't seen it then download them and check it out. Edgar Davids vs The Bulldozer was brilliant lol ;D

Offline styles

« Reply #86 on: April 30, 2012, 07:13:18 PM »
I just bought the red dwarf boxset, smegging great stuff!!

lol, sheldon said that on the big bang theory the other day
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #87 on: April 30, 2012, 09:18:32 PM »
Update: My mum's op went well. Hospital are 90% certain the cancer hasn't spread beyond the wob, whioch is good

Myself on the other hand, I have chicken pox. If ayone tells you that chicken pox is more severe the older you are when you get it - believe them. Seriously, I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

Ended up in A and E on Saturday, all day in hospital. They then wanted to admit me. I had to discharge myself, against their wishes, because my parrot hadn't had fresh water or food sicne I went to bed the night before and I went to A & E before giving him any in the morning because I was so ill.

Have a chest infection with it and the doctor pointed out that if it becomes pneumonia, pneumonia and chiken pox togehter has a 30% mortality rate. There are also other complications that can occur such as encephalitis.

Feel like absolute crap.

As my mum lives with me, it has also meant she can't come home becasue I am still contagious and her immune system will be weak, so she has had to stay with my sister.

Offline styles

« Reply #88 on: May 01, 2012, 05:27:21 PM »
stay well mate!

had a friend who had chicken pox in his late 40s and as he was a baldy he literally couldn't go outside for about 6 months as he looked like pinhead from the hellraiser series lol!

Work hard, be nice.

Offline harv

« Reply #89 on: May 01, 2012, 07:17:56 PM »
Great to hear that your Mum's doing okay ;D