https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: The Telly Thread  (Read 171140 times)

Offline Dragontao

Re: The Telly Thread
« Reply #600 on: November 13, 2017, 12:10:43 AM »
Of the DC shows, Gotham is the best, followed by Arrow and then the Flash, though the Flash has started to get a bit Samey and stupid (having said that, they have just introduced Elastic Man. Supergirl has moved from CBS to join the rest on the CW and it's an abomination. The latest episode, quasi religious bullshit with a side story of her lesbian sister getting broody because her cop girlfriend didn't want kids but she did. Made me want to puke it was so sickly.

As for DC's Legends of Tomorrow. What a pile of garbage.

Quite enjoying the Orville.

Ray Donovan still good. Been renewed for a 6th series, but will be set in New York, not L.A. Not sure where it leaves some of the cast members.

The Punisher is out on November 17th on Netflix. That'll be a binge watch for that weekend. Looking forward to it.

Season 8 of TWD has started really well.

Extinct is an interesting idea, not bad but could have been much better.

Mr Mercedes was actually a decent adaptation of S.King's book. Been renewed for a second series so presumably they'll do the second book in the series.

Inhumans - watched the final episode (8 in season 1). If it gets a second series I'll be surprised. It was f***ing awful.

The Gifted. So so. Again. like Inhumans, a poor adaptation of Marvel characters. They could do with taking some tips from Netflix.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #601 on: November 18, 2017, 02:04:41 PM »
The Punisher on Netflix - Bloody Excellent. Finally a proper version (following on from his cameos in Daredevil).

Not sure if there will be many more Marvel series on netflix, or if they are able to carry on producing the ones they do already.

Marvel have stated they are going to be starting their own streaming channel, with original content. Supposedly going to be cheaper than Netflix due to having a lot less content. Going to be difficult as Netflix is only going up to £7.99 in December, and Netflix is reasonable value in my opinion.

They may well be shooting themselves in the foot as people won't pay extra just for that I think and will most likely resort to downloading that stuff.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline harv

« Reply #602 on: November 22, 2017, 01:15:48 AM »
Daredevil is the best one of the lot imo, the stuntwork and CGI is VERY impressive.

I've been watching series 3 of Ray Donovan and it's excellent so far.

I'm also going to start watching Supergirl again, her nasty boss gives me the raging horn lol :-[ ;D ;D ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #603 on: November 23, 2017, 08:00:51 AM »
Her boss isn't nasty really, plus she's gone out of it now as she got fed up working in Canada where they film it (she's married to or with Harrison Ford).

It is utter garbage now anyway.

Trust me, you'll enjoy the Punisher.

Offline harv

« Reply #604 on: November 23, 2017, 04:47:15 PM »
Yup, The Punisher has always been one of my favourite superheroes because he's a complete headcase that doesn't worry about killing people. Not too happy with the actor they chose to play him though. Frank Castle was never Hispanic, he's always been an American Italian. Still, he did a good job as Castle in Daredevil.

Netflix have funded some EXCELLENT series so far, Orange Is The New Black is also fantastic and was one of the first series they made.

Amazon have done some good stuff too but nowhere near as good as the efforts of Netflix, although I'm really enjoying The Path and Lucifer.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #605 on: November 27, 2017, 02:17:00 PM »
Where did you get that Jon Bernthal is Hispanic? He's most definitely not. Doesn't even look it.

Offline harv

« Reply #606 on: November 27, 2017, 07:29:33 PM »
Where did you get that Jon Bernthal is Hispanic? He's most definitely not. Doesn't even look it.

Basically due to the colour of his skin. He isn't what I would call white.

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #607 on: November 28, 2017, 12:30:33 AM »
Are you serious? Did you see him in the Walking Dead?

Plus, I'm not sure how many Italians you know but, despite being of something like Russian and German descent or something like that, he actually looks quite Mediterranean. https://cdn.flickeringmyth.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Punisher-Jon-Bernthal-600x759-1-600x330.jpg

https://i2.wp.com/film-book.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/jon-bernthal-daredevil-season-2-01-600x350.jpg?resize=600%2C350

Compare his colouring to the likes of Lou Ferrigno http://www.mymbuzz.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/05/Lou-Ferrigno-MCM-London-Comic-Con.jpg

Or any number of actual Italian America actors. He certainly doesn't look Hispanic.

Offline harv

« Reply #608 on: December 09, 2017, 04:52:01 PM »
Watching stuff from the 50s is crazy. I've been re-watching Alfred Hitchcock Presents and in 1958 you could buy a house for $9000 :o ;D ;D ;D

Offline Late

« Reply #609 on: December 10, 2017, 07:51:20 PM »
Round here you still can...
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #610 on: December 10, 2017, 07:58:14 PM »
 :o ;D ;D ;D

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #611 on: December 14, 2017, 08:54:04 PM »
Punisher renewed for a second season by Netflix. They'd already set up who would be the bad guy for the second series in the final episode (Jigsaw).

Offline harv

« Reply #612 on: January 14, 2018, 07:38:38 PM »
Have just started rewatching the first series of Mr Robot. Was going to straight to the second and third series but thought it was time for a refresher before I do that. I REALLY enjoyed the first series but it was VERY predictable. Hopefully the second and third series are going to be less so but even if they aren't I'll still probably enjoy it because I like the protagonist's character and personality lol

Offline harv

« Reply #613 on: January 18, 2018, 04:35:10 PM »
Just finished the second series  of that now and it was much better than the first.

Am now rewatching Crown Court from the 70s. I used to love that programme when I was a kid and was at home too ill to go to school. I reckon they could remake this and have some good success with it. Some bloke got paralysed from a work accident on a bridge and got £31,000 in compensation. That was a shitload of money in those days :o ;D ;D ;D

It's got LOADS of big stars before they became big stars in it too.

I'd like to  see a remake but with jury members from the general public and with part of the show being set in the jury room as they make their decision on the verdict. Would be great viewing I reckon.

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #614 on: January 24, 2018, 02:56:17 AM »
Godless on Netflix isn't bad.

Black Lightning - pile of shite.