https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: The Telly Thread  (Read 171127 times)

Offline Dragontao

Re: The Telly Thread
« Reply #90 on: May 01, 2012, 09:32:24 PM »
Cheers guys.

had a friend who had chicken pox in his late 40s and as he was a baldy he literally couldn't go outside for about 6 months as he looked like pinhead from the hellraiser series lol!

Well my hair is deliberately short, but not far off pinhead.

Damned annoying. When you go to hospital, you want to at least try and be looking okay in case of any attractive nurses. Chicken pox is one illness that will make damn sure that ain't gonna happen.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline harv

« Reply #91 on: May 01, 2012, 11:16:11 PM »
So now, when you're all playing Skyrim and get killed to death, by a dragon you'll all be literal when you shout out 'POXY DRAGON!!!' :P

Erm...where's that coat of mine ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #92 on: May 02, 2012, 09:47:46 PM »
So now, when you're all playing Skyrim and get killed to death, by a dragon you'll all be literal when you shout out 'POXY DRAGON!!!' :P

Erm...where's that coat of mine ;D

;D
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline Late

« Reply #93 on: May 04, 2012, 12:27:22 AM »
Have watched a couple eps of Dara O'Brien's School of Hard Sums (or whatever it's called)...
Please stick to the stand up and the presenting, Dara - cos you're nowhere near as clever as you think you are.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #94 on: May 04, 2012, 10:14:49 PM »
Have nearly finished series 4 of Leverage and it's excellent, really funny in places. Hardison and Parker are the best two characters imo, the hacker and the thief respectively, they certainly have the best lines and as such have the best comedic value. It's basically a Hustle rip off but they do tend to steal stuff as well as running cons. Definitely worth downloading, it's every bit as much fun as Hustle, which imo went downhill during the last few series when two of the best characters left the series. >:(
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #95 on: May 05, 2012, 12:16:37 AM »
Fringe has, surprisingly, been renewed for Season 5. It will probably only be a 15 episode fianl series to bring it to a close and take it up to the 100 episodes needed for syndication.

Offline harv

« Reply #96 on: May 05, 2012, 03:13:37 AM »
Great news, might have to start watching that again. I really enjoyed the first two series. ;D

Offline styles

« Reply #97 on: May 05, 2012, 11:36:09 AM »
anyone know a good source to buy box sets?

there are quite a few id like
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.

Offline harv

« Reply #98 on: May 05, 2012, 03:28:05 PM »
No idea...I tend to download most of my stuff. The last box set I bought was Podge and Rodge, and that was only because I couldn't find it anywhere to download. 8 DVDs for under 20 quid though, 'twas a bargain 8)

Offline Late

« Reply #99 on: May 05, 2012, 04:38:43 PM »
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #100 on: May 05, 2012, 08:06:23 PM »
anyone know a good source to buy box sets?

there are quite a few id like

Play.com, WOWHD and HMV are probably the cheapest. Play is where I get most of mine. Recently bought a couple of Blu-ray box sets on there for £12.99 each.

Occasionally HMV are cheaper for some than Play, but it's worth just watching for their sales and keeping an eye on prices as they go up and down, just buy when the ones you want are cheapest.

Offline styles

« Reply #101 on: May 06, 2012, 01:10:16 AM »
thanks drags and late
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.

Offline jman

« Reply #102 on: May 09, 2012, 09:50:02 AM »
I just bought the red dwarf boxset, smegging great stuff!!

lol, sheldon said that on the big bang theory the other day

I hate that show.. missus loves it.. its just not that funny but theres american canned laughter on every joke.. I cant stand it.. exactly the type of american trash I hate...how is the phrase "Bazinga" funny for instance... lol..she winds me up a treat with that crap.. im downloading the entire show at the moment so she can watch them on her own and I dont have to put up with it on the tv all the time...

I hate most american trash.. but one show I have found myself watching recently... my guilty pleasure - Man vs Food on The Food Network lol.. just fascinating watching one guy trying to eat tons of oversized american food.. its great!

Offline harv

« Reply #103 on: May 09, 2012, 06:29:30 PM »
Police Squad is available on TV Vault as a freeleech, might download the Naked Gun and Airplane films too now I'm thinking about it. ;D

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #104 on: May 10, 2012, 01:14:03 AM »
Police Squad is available on TV Vault as a freeleech, might download the Naked Gun and Airplane films too now I'm thinking about it. ;D

I bought the complete series of Police Squad on DVD from Play ages ago for a fiver. Well worth it.

In other news, Supernatural has definitely been renewed for season 8.