https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: The Telly Thread  (Read 171142 times)

Offline harv

Re: The Telly Thread
« Reply #105 on: May 12, 2012, 05:45:33 PM »
Have downloaded and started to watch the very first series of Dragon's Den. I really can't believe how bad some of these ideas are lololol ;D

Edit: Christ on a bike, they've all missed out on the blanket that stops dogs and shoes from smelling, bloody hell...that would sell an absolute shedload on supermarket shelves :o

Another Edit: Turns out that it all went tits up due to production problems which is a shame, that would have been worth a bloody fortune :o

Am now watching a series called Oz, set in a prison and it's bloody fantastic so far. Loads of big names in it too...am surprised I've never heard of it tbh. :-\ Definitely worth a download imo 8)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 07:08:58 PM by harv »
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #106 on: May 18, 2012, 01:19:08 AM »
Oz looked very good from the few episodes I managed to catch when they aired it in the UK.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline harv

« Reply #107 on: May 18, 2012, 02:48:31 AM »
Yup, it's excellent ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline jman

« Reply #108 on: May 24, 2012, 03:46:21 PM »
Managed to whizz through loads of the Red Dwarf boxset.. on series VI at the moment.. one of the best.. unfortunately it does go downhill a bit after this series IMO... but just bought Red Dwarf : Back To Earth.. or series 9... I remember hearing about it when it was first aired but never got chance to watch them.. so that should be good watching new episodes for me.... then I realised they are doing a brand new series of red dwarf this autumn on Dave... excellent!!!  Although I feel lister hasn't done himself many favours by having a long stint in corrie.. doesnt sit well with me thinking of him playing a (mildly) sensible role

I might go and buy The Brittas Empire after I've finished with this boxset.. I love 90s tv.. and Chris Barrie is excellent!!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 03:48:49 PM by jman »

Offline Late

« Reply #109 on: May 25, 2012, 10:17:33 AM »
I started watching Red Dwarf (yet again) a couple of months back - partly for myself, partly for the kids as it was new to them. We all thoroughly enjoyed the first six series, and struggled through the seventh. Didn't bother with eight or nine.

Back to Earth (made by Dave) is horrible. Really really bad. I didn't realise they're making another series, but I can't see it being any good.

Favourite episodes:
Quarantine (s5)
Back To Reality (s5)
Future Echoes (s1)
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #110 on: May 25, 2012, 09:49:36 PM »
Back to Earth (made by Dave) is horrible. Really really bad. I didn't realise they're making another series, but I can't see it being any good.

You are so right. I wish I'd never watched it. It was terrible.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline jman

« Reply #111 on: May 28, 2012, 09:34:11 AM »
Something to look forward to then...  ;D  Just finished series 6 now.. didnt actually see that last one previously where starbug explodes.. cant even remember the start of series 7 - but I know I started to enjoy it less from this one onwards  :-\

Theres 3 episodes in Red Dwarf that I really enjoyed though..

Backwards (S3, E1)
Back To Reality (S5, E6) - my very favourite (I dont wanna be Dwannyyee Dibbleyy)
Gunmen of the Apocalypse (S6, E3)

Offline harv

« Reply #112 on: May 28, 2012, 03:01:45 PM »
Am watching series 13 of Silent Witness and am very pleased to say that for the first time ever I've seen realistic recoil on an MP5. So much so that I'm even beginning to think that Dalton was using a real MP5 and live ammo when doing a ballistics test whilst firing into that orange rubbery stuff that forensic teams use. :o Nice 8)

It always annoys me when telly series and video games get MP5 recoil wrong, I've still got the right hump with IO and the recoil of the MP5 in the first Kane and Lynch game, especially after a couple of reviews complained about it >:( 'By design' my arse!!!

Offline Late

« Reply #113 on: June 03, 2012, 11:54:09 PM »
Good call on Leverage, Harv.  3 episodes in and enjoying it so far.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #114 on: June 13, 2012, 10:38:13 PM »
Now that series 4 of Fringe has finished I'm re-watching it from the beginning. Forgot about the cool comic book vibe that the writing telling you about locations gives it. Very nicely done imo. 8)

Offline bealec

« Reply #115 on: June 14, 2012, 07:42:25 PM »
Falling Skies is back on FX beginning of July. I really enjoyed the first series.

Offline harv

« Reply #116 on: June 14, 2012, 07:48:47 PM »
Nice to hear that it hasn't fallen victim to the axe, plenty of quality sci-fi programmes have had the chop over the last few years.

Just watched the Fringe episode where the bloke was picking up signals from the Ghost Network. Walter: You know, with a little re-tuning you could pick up satellite TV without paying for it. Lololol. Walter is excellent lol ;D

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #117 on: June 14, 2012, 08:30:44 PM »
Been following 'Silk' on BBC1. Cracking legal drama, although sometimes a bit too intricate. It makes me feel a little better about Garrow's Law getting axed.

Offline harv

« Reply #118 on: June 14, 2012, 09:43:29 PM »
Have been meaning to check that out, it's on my list of things to download. ;D

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #119 on: June 14, 2012, 09:47:14 PM »
Aye, Falling Skies is excellent.

As for Walter Bishop in Fringe, great character. John Noble is good at playing nutters, like he was in Return of the King.