https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: The Telly Thread  (Read 171243 times)

Offline harv

Re: The Telly Thread
« Reply #120 on: June 14, 2012, 10:51:10 PM »
I think that a lot of the credit should go to the writers though. If he had said 'for free' it wouldn't have been as funny as 'without paying anything'. Although his delivery of the lines also adds to the laughs.

Edit: After watching and thoroughly enjoying Shipman a while back, starring James Bolam as the Doctor of Death, I've just downloaded and started to watch Appropriate Adult, based on the serial killers Fred and Rose West.

In a very disturbing way you have to give those three some sort of credit to all 3 of those monsters for getting away with killing so many people for so long. :o
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 10:11:29 PM by harv »
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #121 on: June 22, 2012, 07:48:00 AM »
Series 2 of Silk has now finished.  :'( But the continuity lady said it will be back for a third series!  ;D Excellent finale. The acting is just superb from all involved. Hope they retain all of the cast for Series 3!

Not an awful lot else on at the mo...

Offline harv

« Reply #122 on: June 24, 2012, 11:27:13 PM »
Fringe is just the thing to give me a cheerful boost after England got knocked out by penalties YET AGAIN!!! The FBI bird has just drunk liquidised flatworms and Walter has just held up a strawberry saying he 'was going to mix strawberries in' lololol ;D Love it Lmfao ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #123 on: June 25, 2012, 12:34:05 AM »
Second series of Falling Skies started in the US last week with a double episode. Very good it was too. I hope it doesn't go the way most sci-fi shows are.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline jman

« Reply #124 on: June 26, 2012, 01:40:15 PM »
Alan Partridge - Welcome to the places of my life.. was on last night on Sky Atlantic... hilarious.. lol.. I dont have sky but caught up here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUcGYKXMyxo

Looks like there is another alan partridge thing next week too  :D

Offline jman

« Reply #125 on: June 27, 2012, 11:02:45 AM »
Back to Earth (made by Dave) is horrible. Really really bad. I didn't realise they're making another series, but I can't see it being any good.

You are so right. I wish I'd never watched it. It was terrible.

Really... you guys must of been watching something else...  :o

Admittedly there were gaping plot holes and some things didnt make sense, parts of it were also smegging cheesy.. it also never answered what happened after Red Dwarf supposedly blew up in the previous series.. but it wasn't as bad as you make out - certainly watchable.. to be honest, I thought it was good.. but it just felt weird because things had changed since the last series.. such as..

...Chris Barrie noticeable aging
...the modernisation of camera and video technology, it was all a bit too slick in HD
...no laughter track

it still had the same kind of gags and such you expect from Red Dwarf though.. cant wait for the new series/featurettes myself

Offline Late

« Reply #126 on: June 27, 2012, 02:25:08 PM »
The prosecution enters exhibit A:

Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #127 on: June 27, 2012, 03:40:14 PM »
That part comes under "smegging cheesy"  ;D  but it did look awesome.. and you obviously remembered it.. therefore it did a good job  Carbug - lol...iconic bit!!

I think if I had watched Back To Earth on its first transmission, then maybe I probably would of been a bit disappointed too, but if you watch it in line with the other series, its not at all that bad or different from classic Red Dwarf.. the main bit that got me was the lack of a laughter track.. which is weird really as I usually detest them, but the show just seemed a tad sterile without one.  It wasn't because it wasn't funny either... the part where Rimmer repeatedly smacks his balls into the corner of a desk (because Lister is making him do so).. really got me LOL.. the obvious "Dave" plugs and the Craig Charles bits were a bit pants though.. I admit some parts were hit and miss but overall it was still good...there are far worse RD episodes for me.

Would like to watch them again from the beginning, but think Im going to move on.. probably start on my Bottom boxset next...  :D

Offline Late

« Reply #128 on: June 27, 2012, 04:31:33 PM »
I remember "carbug" because it's the point where I nearly threw the remote through the screen of the tv, not because it was good or funny. Detestable, but it's possibly partly about frame of mind. You went into it expecting crap, so it was better than you expected. I went into it expecting greatness, and was sorely, sorely disappointed.

I know what you mean about the laughter track, though. I'm not ordinarily a fan, but I have two copies of one of the series (series 6 maybe), one of which has the canned laughter, one doesn't. The copy without it just wasn't enjoyable, but I found I liked it a lot more  when I tried the other copy.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #129 on: July 01, 2012, 01:46:01 PM »
I would love to be an extra in a telly programme playing a dead body, the opportunity of making the actor jump would be too great to resist lololol :P

Offline styles

« Reply #130 on: July 02, 2012, 07:34:15 AM »
Yes because they usually use real dead bodies so the actor would be completely shocked...

*facepalm
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.

Offline harv

« Reply #131 on: July 02, 2012, 08:18:37 AM »
Yes because they usually use real dead bodies so the actor would be completely shocked...

*facepalm

I didn't at any point infer that. What on earth are you talking about..? I was talking about murder and autopsy scenes in particular. An actor or actress would expect you to just lie there playing dead, any sudden movement would make them jump. ;D

Edit: Watching Fringe series 3 now and they think Olivia is a nutjob lol. Love it 8)

Another Edit: Lmfao, William Bell has just come back from the dead lololol, Asterisk has just done her top button up!!! ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 01:27:19 AM by harv »

Offline harv

« Reply #132 on: July 07, 2012, 08:14:26 PM »
Have been watching a series called Die Kinder with Miranda Richardson and it's excellent. Am on the 5th of 6 episodes. Really glad I downloaded it now, only downloaded it because I've got the hots for Miranda Richardson but definitely worth checking out. Starts off with the Father of their children abducting them and taking them to Germany, hence the title. Don't want to give anything away but it's more complicated than a simple custody dispute. ;D

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #133 on: July 07, 2012, 09:35:17 PM »
I thought it was going to be a story about a psychopathic child who had been disappointed with the toy he got inside his chocolate egg, so he is hell bent on seeking bloody revenge on the company who make the eggs.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline Late

« Reply #134 on: July 08, 2012, 04:46:06 PM »
Ignoring that terrible pun...

Queenie? Isn't she like 60?