https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Anyside Players - Slower Training  (Read 2772 times)

Offline cha4zz

Anyside Players - Slower Training
« on: May 30, 2022, 10:37:31 PM »
I actually realised this a little while ago but it's been even clearer during this particular rebuild. It would appear that players that can play either side of the pitch train at a much slower rate than players that can't.

For context (all players bought within 5-10 days of each other)

Str R (non-anyside): http://smokey2.sundayleague.com/cgi-bin/sundayleague/playerinfo.pl?playerid=15521
Str C (anyside): http://smokey2.sundayleague.com/cgi-bin/sundayleague/playerinfo.pl?playerid=15523

The Str C was actually bought 4 days before the Str R.

Mid C (non-anyside) http://smokey2.sundayleague.com/cgi-bin/sundayleague/playerinfo.pl?playerid=15527
Mid C (anyside): http://smokey2.sundayleague.com/cgi-bin/sundayleague/playerinfo.pl?playerid=15525

Def R (non-anyside): http://smokey2.sundayleague.com/cgi-bin/sundayleague/playerinfo.pl?playerid=15524
Def C (anyside): http://smokey2.sundayleague.com/cgi-bin/sundayleague/playerinfo.pl?playerid=15537

I'm going to keep tabs on all players throughout their life with this team and I'll post some relevant stats afterwards. Please feel free to delete this thread if there is another thread that discusses anyside players training more poorly than non-anyside players but I've found it quite interesting to see the difference. 

EDIT - I forgot to mention. It seems particularly so when it comes to pace and stamina. For some reason, anyside players seem to train particularly poorly in this area.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2022, 10:39:26 PM by cha4zz »
The Seg

Offline Swifty

Re: Anyside Players - Slower Training
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2022, 08:04:44 AM »
That’s a good read and it’s interesting to see the out come after a few more seasons.
Rebel Rovers

Offline RParker9

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2022, 08:16:18 AM »
I'll definitely keep tabs on it. Interesting to see thats how it works.
King Kennys Army

Offline bonzai

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2022, 11:19:15 AM »
I once made an excel spreadsheet with all possible training results.

According to my findings, there isn't a difference between anyside and normal players. You just have 3 type of training speeds for players.

Good traning players.
Average training players
Bad training players
(when transfer market wasn't so ridiculous as today, i only bought 10 season - 500CR players, checked if they had the good training speed, and trained them so they were decent from 4 seasons, and elite from 7-8 seasons)

I think in your case this is just a coincidence. because I have some anyside players in my current squad that train same speed as others.

Attacking players (AMID) train the same as normal midfielders (ADEF same as DEF)
deffensive midfielders train the same as defenders. (only tested this once long time ago, so not 100% sure)

In attachements you can find my excel. I even made a simulation how players will grow if I followed a certain training scheduale.
FC Schwalbe
Pilsners of Belgium

Offline cha4zz

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2022, 01:36:12 PM »
Very interesting Bonzai, thanks for sharing.

Perhaps it is just a coincidence then, it's just always felt like anyside players have trained considerably slower than regular players. Your evidence is fairly detailed though so would seemingly prove otherwise.

I'll keep tracking it and update to see if findings are similar.
The Seg

Offline Gull

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2022, 01:43:17 PM »
I have to agree with Bonsai, I have a similar spreadsheet which forecasts player improvement. It's not until you scrutinise players you realise some train quicker than others but I believe this is entirely random, although some of the variances can be put down to the age of the player.

I did think at first the height & occupation of a player was linked to varying levels of stat improvement but after experimenting further this wasn't the case.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2022, 01:47:51 PM by ElGull »

Offline spiteri

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2022, 01:58:02 PM »
Training speed is one of the hidden traits alongside injury and awol proneness.
Sometimes the slow trainers can be more useful long term, it's just they take an extra season or two to get to elite level.
Floriana FC

Offline captain_kush

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2022, 04:52:41 PM »
Training speed is one of the hidden traits alongside injury and awol proneness.
Sometimes the slow trainers can be more useful long term, it's just they take an extra season or two to get to elite level.

This pretty much.... whatever Lord Antony says, one must cherish.
Kushberry F.C & Purple Gelato
Forum Admin

Offline spiteri

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2022, 05:21:02 PM »
 ;D Thanks but steady on Kush, people are going to suspect you're on my payroll with comments like that haha.
Floriana FC

Offline spiteri

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2022, 05:55:15 PM »
Just to add to the earlier comments too..

Defensive midfielders train as midfielders but have the starting attributes of defenders. The obvious setback being that it takes a very long time for a defensive midfielder to become an elite player. But because defenders have very high tackling stats, which train slower than a lot of the other technical attributes, the defensive midfielder can become a maxed out elite player faster than many other midfielders. 
« Last Edit: June 01, 2022, 06:38:45 PM by spiteri »
Floriana FC

Offline captain_kush

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2022, 06:42:22 PM »
;D Thanks but steady on Kush, people are going to suspect you're on my payroll with comments like that haha.

haha

Just to add to the earlier comments too..

Defensive midfielders train as midfielders but have the starting attributes of defenders. The obvious setback being that it takes a very long time for a defensive midfielder to become an elite player. But because defenders have very high tackling stats, which train slower than a lot of the other technical attributes, the defensive midfielder can become a maxed out elite player faster than many other midfielders.

I did notice this when I was using a 4-1-4-1, my DM was full stats by season 4-5.
Forum Admin

Offline Swifty

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2022, 07:35:48 PM »
4-1-4-1 was my go to formation back in 2003-2004.

I love reading the advice from the big guns, I just wish I could throw some pointers out there to help but unfortunately partly my memory being terrible and the game moving on I have had to start from scratch again.

Rebel Rovers

Offline captain_kush

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2022, 08:26:39 PM »
4-1-4-1 was my go to formation back in 2003-2004.

I love reading the advice from the big guns, I just wish I could throw some pointers out there to help but unfortunately partly my memory being terrible and the game moving on I have had to start from scratch again.

I'm thinking of giving 4-1-4-1 another go. Was the only time I won FL1 using that formation (sorry Ant, I was first to win it with that formation  ;D ;D) but the only downside is when injuries and awols occur, it becomes harder to use.
Maybe I should just do a Borg and go 5-2-3 longball haha.
Forum Admin

Offline Swifty

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2022, 09:33:04 PM »
I did think of giving it ago when I need a rebuild but then again I have only just started to win games against the elite team… on the odd occasion!

I have seen teams start to do well then change formation and take a complete dip in form and have to start again.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2022, 09:39:19 PM by Swifty »
Rebel Rovers

Offline spiteri

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2022, 08:25:28 AM »
I dont think I ever won FL1 with 4-1-4-1 tbh. I may have used it for a few of the final games. But then I replaced about 4-5 players, followed by a similar amount and started sliding down the tables lol. I started terribly this season and although I'm still technically in a relegation battle I've opened up a nice gap from the bottom 3 for now.

I'm just plugging the holes in the sinking ship of the first squad as best I can right now. Have anther 4-5 players declining within a season, but the new players are coming along nicely. I think I'll be back to 4-1-3-1-1 for a few seasons as I probably wont have enough elite midfielders for 4-1-4-1.

Floriana FC