https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Transfer Rumours  (Read 169298 times)

Offline bealec

Re: Transfer Rumours
« Reply #255 on: June 23, 2013, 09:27:07 AM »
Maybe they could just do what United did and get into masses of debt and just pretend they aren't.

You're right though. United are considered amongst the favourites for the Champions League...then they struggle to get out of the group stages and get beat by such European powerhouses as FC Basel and Besiktas.

Then when you play a proper team in the quarters you lose.

Offline styles

« Reply #256 on: June 23, 2013, 05:33:02 PM »
United are usually serious challengers for the Champions League. They're among the favourites to win the competition every season for good reason. ;)

And there's one very important point you haven't addressed - why on earth would he want to join a club that's won bugger all in 8 years and sees getting a top 4 place at the end of the season being a major achievement..?

And yes, perhaps you'd be able to afford the transfer fee and wages to begin with (although I'd only believe it if I saw it) but arse got into a shitload of trouble in the late 90s early 00s by breaking their wage structure due to the demands of Vieira, Wiltord, Kanu and Campbell. Once the Roonster gets 250K per week the demands of other players increase. The board won't do this again no matter what the Yank is saying. It took them years to sort out their wage bill, they're not going to do the same thing again.
You're talking shite again
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.

Offline harv

« Reply #257 on: June 23, 2013, 06:40:51 PM »
Maybe they could just do what United did and get into masses of debt and just pretend they aren't.

You're right though. United are considered amongst the favourites for the Champions League...then they struggle to get out of the group stages and get beat by such European powerhouses as FC Basel and Besiktas.

Then when you play a proper team in the quarters you lose.

Of course there's been a season here and there where we haven't done well but we frequently make it to the Quarters/Semis/Final. And we've won it once and made it to two other Finals in that 8 year span of arse winning bugger all. We're always among the favourites to win the competition every season.

And styles, I'm not talking shite at all. Everything I've posted in that post you've quoted is factually correct. I said years ago that arse were getting into to trouble with their wages, all of you gooners were denying it for years and your board proved me right.

I'll ask you again: Why would the Roonster join a club that's won bugger all in 8 years..? Football players play football to win trophies. He's more likely to join a club like Chelski, Citeh, Real Madrid, Barcelona, PSG, Monaco, Dortmund or Munich where his side are going to be seriously challenging for trophies season after season. PSG and Monaco aren't quite there yet but they've got the spending power to make it happen.

If/when he goes he'll go to a club that will have decent ambition, that's going to push for trophies, that's going to help his career progress. And that club certainly isn't arse. ;)
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline styles

« Reply #258 on: June 24, 2013, 12:57:52 PM »
Arsenal will be back winning soon. Rooney could want to be part of that. Maybe he wants to work with wenger, a much better manager than moyes.
Anyway may be he'll stay put, who gives a fuck
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.

Offline harv

« Reply #259 on: June 24, 2013, 03:03:07 PM »
Lmfao, they're going to continue to win bugger all. ;D ;D ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline styles

« Reply #260 on: June 25, 2013, 12:22:45 AM »
Isn't this thread about transfer rumours?? Missing the point and going on an anti arse al rant again there harv. You need a wee thread all to yourself

Work hard, be nice.

Offline harv

« Reply #261 on: June 25, 2013, 12:34:55 AM »
No rumours for a while so I might as well continue to wind you up lol ;D

Offline styles

« Reply #262 on: June 25, 2013, 11:20:22 AM »
Today's rumour is fellaini wants to come to arsenal as well. You're not winding me up but please do continue to amuse yourself, it's like watching a little monkey at the zoo

Work hard, be nice.

Offline bealec

« Reply #263 on: June 25, 2013, 12:17:13 PM »
A player has flown in from Germany to sign for Reading. Clearly we've won the race to sign Lewandoski.

Offline styles

« Reply #264 on: June 25, 2013, 12:21:55 PM »
Reading have won nothing in even longer than 8 years why would he possibly sign for them etcetera etcetera etcetera! !

Work hard, be nice.

Offline harv

« Reply #265 on: June 25, 2013, 03:03:49 PM »
Reading have won nothing in even longer than 8 years why would he possibly sign for them etcetera etcetera etcetera! !

Reading are one of the many sides that have been more successful than arse during the last 8 years - they won the Championship in 2012. The last League title your lot won was 2004 lol ;D ;D ;D

Apparently Perez reckons Ronnie is going to sign a new contract soon...United need to put in a £60m bid ASAP imo. They'll probably turn that down but that should convince Ronnie to put in a transfer request I reckon, then negotiations will be able to start. Can't see him going for more than 80m given the state of his contract.

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #266 on: June 25, 2013, 03:59:09 PM »
Today's rumour is fellaini wants to come to arsenal as well. You're not winding me up but please do continue to amuse yourself, it's like watching a little monkey at the zoo

Is this because of the girl on Twitter who said she'd spoken to Fellaini in a club and asked if he was going to Arsenal. Fellaini supposedly said "I hope so".

What really happend was that he misheard her say "are you going to take me up the arse" and he said "I hope so".

Had this discussion with another Arsenal fan who was laughing about all of the rumours in the papers, saying that the reporter's sources were suspect, but he then started referring to this post on Twitter and trying to claim that because it was on Twitter it was more reliable.

Joking aside, if she was hot (and I have not seen her picture) and an Arsenal fan, I can imagine many a Premier League footballer might spin her a line in the hope of a quick shag.

For anyone to take that as having any more credence than a stroy in any of the tabloids is laughable.

I hate this time of season and all the bloody speculation with clubs and agents trying to unsettle players or get them a nice big pay rise. I don't believe a rumour until the player has signed.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline harv

« Reply #267 on: June 25, 2013, 05:21:08 PM »
Yup, I remember around 10 years ago that I added up the amount of money that United would have to spend to buy every single player we were allegedly in the running for. It was close to £400m, back in the days when £400m was a ridiculous amount of money lol ;D ;D ;D

Offline bealec

« Reply #268 on: June 25, 2013, 07:18:15 PM »
It was a German American with an English name Danny Williams. Defensive Mid. Happy but a bit annoyed we didn't show this kind of effort to improve the squad when we were in the Prem.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 10:25:44 PM by bealec »

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #269 on: June 25, 2013, 10:14:00 PM »
Maybe when you go up next time you'll be stronger for it.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.