https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Transfer Rumours  (Read 169848 times)

Offline harv

Re: Transfer Rumours
« Reply #405 on: July 17, 2014, 12:24:18 PM »
Looks like we're also sniffing around Raphael Varane from Real Madras too according to a Froggy newspaper. A bargain at €30m  :o 8)

Probably a load of old bollocks though lol. I remember around 10 years ago that I added up all of the players' values that newspapers were claiming we were supposed to be signing and it came to over £400m...and that was when £400m was a ridiculous amount of money lol :P

It's amazing how inflation affects things over years gone by. When you watch a police series from the 70s and there's a wage snatch on or a kidnapping, £50,000 was enough to buy you a couple of VERY large houses :o ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline harv

« Reply #406 on: July 17, 2014, 04:50:24 PM »
Just watched his first press conference. Says he's going to have a look at the players there for a few weeks before he makes any more signings. Won't take long for him to work out that a few of them need to be shown the door lol. Just hope we don't miss out on too many signings due to the delay.

People still keep on saying it's going to take time to get United back to winning trophies too. Very odd. Like I've said before the squad that ended up in 7th place last season is practically the same as the squad that walked the Premiership the season before last by a ridiculous 11 points...and we'll be playing around 20 games less than everyone else with a manager that has plenty of tactical nouse. I'm pretty confident that we're going to win the Premiership next season. 8)

Going to be interesting to see what sort of formations we'll be playing next season. Could be looking at 3-4-3 like Holland did for most of the World Cup:

De Gea

Jones Smalling Evans

Rafael Carrick Herrera Shaw

Roonster Van Persil Welbeck

And obviously you could bung plenty of alternatives in there too.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline jman

« Reply #407 on: July 17, 2014, 05:09:06 PM »
United to finish 4th or 5th next season I think... arsenal will definitely finish above you again  ;)

It only takes 13 games to win the CL from the group stage by the way, so not sure where you get 20 from.. unless you think you'll bale out in all the cups early on... (you will)

And Chelsea and City both played more games than United last season and finished above them, so it doesn't really make that much difference because all the top teams have a sufficient squad to deal with it.

And that squad you keep harping on about... other teams got better, significantly better last season... hence why you got dicked in every single game against the big boys.. apart from a 1-0 against arsenal, the 2nd highest team you beat last season in home or away fixtures was stoke.. who finished 9th.

Jose to win it next season.. Costa to win golden boot - you heard it here first  ;)

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #408 on: July 17, 2014, 06:35:52 PM »
I expect Chelsea to win the league but Costa will flop. City, Arsenal and Liverpool will make up the rest of the top 4 with United finishing 5th.

Offline harv

« Reply #409 on: July 17, 2014, 06:59:29 PM »
My bad, I was thinking about Liverpool last season not being in the Europa League. Still less games anyway. ;)

The problem that United had last season was Moyes. And that problem has gone. We've now got a manager that has plenty of tactical nouse, who's quite capable of giving players the hairdryer treatment and isn't afraid of substituting big name players when the need arises. He's confident, he's won trophies with some of the biggest clubs in world football and has just surprised everyone by leading Holland to third place in the World Cup. Under Van Gaal we'll go back to playing football the Manchester United way - positive, fast-paced, attacking football. 8) ;D

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #410 on: July 17, 2014, 09:25:24 PM »
I expect Chelsea to win the league but Costa will flop. City, Arsenal and Liverpool will make up the rest of the top 4 with United finishing 5th.

If Costa flops, Chelsea will not win the league, unless you think Torres will finally come good and fire us to glory (where's the flying pig emoticon when you need one).
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline harv

« Reply #411 on: July 18, 2014, 12:40:08 AM »
I have nightmares about United buying Torres lol :o ;D ;D ;D

Offline jman

« Reply #412 on: July 18, 2014, 07:40:51 AM »
The problem that United had last season was Moyes. And that problem has gone.

What happened to that mantra of giving new managers at least 3 seasons ?  ;D ;D

And yet you expect straight success from a new one now..

You are the new Liverpool... your dominance is over... I know its hard.. but get used to it hey ;)

Offline jman

« Reply #413 on: July 18, 2014, 07:50:15 AM »

If Costa flops, Chelsea will not win the league, unless you think Torres will finally come good and fire us to glory (where's the flying pig emoticon when you need one).

Torres will come good, you just haven't given him enough time yet  ;)  Although since we have got rid of two strikers (Ba & Eto'o) - I still think we need another up top - would love to see Shirley be given more of a chance this season, he had a pretty good world cup and think he's totally underrated.

Felipe Luis signed the other day - good to see Jose replacing players we have lost - squad is looking strong.. and great to see Romeu back in action last night.. I cant remember the last time he played for us, but he was promising.

Is Courtois not going back out on loan this season then... if not, I think this will signal next season being the last for Petr.

Offline harv

« Reply #414 on: July 18, 2014, 09:27:09 AM »
The problem that United had last season was Moyes. And that problem has gone.

What happened to that mantra of giving new managers at least 3 seasons ?  ;D ;D

And yet you expect straight success from a new one now..

You are the new Liverpool... your dominance is over... I know its hard.. but get used to it hey ;)

Van Gaal isn't going to need 3 seasons, that's the point. I'm expecting United to continue their record of not going longer than 1 season without a trophy. And that's only happened 6 times too despite Chelski and Citeh having sugar daddies lol :P ;D :P

Offline harv

« Reply #415 on: July 20, 2014, 03:34:40 PM »
United are giving Oscar Borg a trial from West Ham. He's supposed to be the next Gareth Bale, so much so that people at the Hammers keep calling him 'Gareth' lol :o ;D He'll end up costing us around £200,000 in compensation which could end up being a real bargain. Can play anywhere on the left including playing as a left wing-back which will certainly fit in with the way that Van Gaal has had Holland playing recently.

Offline jman

« Reply #416 on: July 21, 2014, 12:45:25 PM »
Didi could be coming back.. as a player/coach I believe.. I'm not complaining.. replaces Eto'o for a year and we get a legend back at the club.  ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #417 on: July 21, 2014, 01:40:10 PM »
According to reports United have had a €20m (£15.8m) bid accepted for Hummels. Seems a bit cheap considering the state of his contract. Not too happy with his lack of pace though, but he is a solid defender I guess. :-\

Offline harv

« Reply #418 on: July 24, 2014, 10:50:42 PM »
Apparently Vidal has now stated flat out that he's not going to Manchester, so it's looking like he's going to red scouse git land >:(

Bollocks :'(

Daft decision, Liverpool will end up missing out on a top 4 place next season now that Hannibal The Cannibal has gone.

Offline harv

« Reply #419 on: July 28, 2014, 10:22:40 AM »
Apparently we're putting in a £48m bid for Vidal after the Old Lady have given us a deadline of 2nd August to get the deal sorted. He's a great player but still think that Carvalho is a better bet, he's younger and MUCH cheaper.

We're also going to put in a bid for Di Maria apparently.