https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Transfer Rumours  (Read 169703 times)

Offline jman

Re: Transfer Rumours
« Reply #615 on: July 22, 2016, 09:34:14 AM »
If we do end up signing him we'll probably get the transfer fee back in less than a year through shirt sales (although part of the £75m Adidas doesn't include profit sharing so United will only get ~20% of shirt sales apparently) and commercial deals. He's the most marketable name in football at the moment going by reports, although I'm surprised that Ronnie and Messi aren't ahead of him tbh.

One player's shirt sales bringing in £100m in a year.. I see you've pulled that figure from your favourite source again.. your ass. 
Chelsea sold more shirts than United last season.. and we only sold just over 3m in TOTAL, you really think we made £100m in profit from that?
Not to mention the reported wage Pogba has been offered is £220k per week... you'd struggle to pay his wages from his shirt sales - never mind his fee.

And where did you get the most marketable player in the world from.. LOL... in terms of global awareness he's well down the pecking order.... even Zlatan is well above him  ;D ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #616 on: July 22, 2016, 04:16:14 PM »
I didn't say just from shirt sales, I said shirt sales and commercial deals. Here's my sauce.

You've also got merchandising on top too. Pogba's name and face will be plastered over everything in the club shop pretty soon, expect him to be sponsoring something major in China for several tens of millions of pounds soon.

Ed Woodward has been amazing these last few years with the commercial deals he's made. He's one of the reasons why United won't bat an eye lid over spending £100m on a player.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline harv

« Reply #617 on: July 24, 2016, 02:28:27 AM »
Hopefully we'll have the Pogba deal done and dusted at some time tomorrow. And once that's done expect Pogba Noodles, Pogba Water Chestnuts or Pogba Soy Sauce to be announced soon after lololol :o ;D ;D ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline harv

« Reply #618 on: July 26, 2016, 01:17:38 AM »
Oh well, not done yet. ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #619 on: July 28, 2016, 11:50:25 PM »
Well he's done an advert for Adidas featuring the United badge so I reckon it's only a matter of time before it has been confirmed...otherwise Adidas are going to look a bit daft lol :o ;D

Maybe tomorrow but definitely before the weekend is over.

Offline jman

« Reply #620 on: July 29, 2016, 01:21:04 PM »
Sorry I haven't posted much lately. Been knocking one out over Timbo

The Sun running with a story that 9 united youngsters have been told they can leave.. with Timbo being one of them  ;D ;D ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #621 on: July 29, 2016, 03:04:56 PM »
And the Daily Mail have said they're negotiating a new contract for him. ;)

Offline harv

« Reply #622 on: July 29, 2016, 11:31:52 PM »
Should be getting confirmation of Pogba signing any day now going by the press coverage. 8)

Offline harv

« Reply #623 on: August 11, 2016, 12:46:01 PM »
If we do end up signing him we'll probably get the transfer fee back in less than a year through shirt sales (although part of the £75m Adidas doesn't include profit sharing so United will only get ~20% of shirt sales apparently) and commercial deals. He's the most marketable name in football at the moment going by reports, although I'm surprised that Ronnie and Messi aren't ahead of him tbh.

One player's shirt sales bringing in £100m in a year.. I see you've pulled that figure from your favourite source again.. your ass. 
Chelsea sold more shirts than United last season.. and we only sold just over 3m in TOTAL, you really think we made £100m in profit from that?
Not to mention the reported wage Pogba has been offered is £220k per week... you'd struggle to pay his wages from his shirt sales - never mind his fee.

And where did you get the most marketable player in the world from.. LOL... in terms of global awareness he's well down the pecking order.... even Zlatan is well above him  ;D ;D

Well they reckon that we'll get £40m back just through merchandising in a year which would leave £49m's worth of commercial deals to get our money back in the first year.

Would be interesting to hear whether United would get that £40m tax free. I don't think so but players do. I can't believe that Pogba was not only daft enough to give (reportedly) 80% of his image rights to United but also to have only received £7m for them. :o

Offline jman

« Reply #624 on: August 30, 2016, 10:07:57 PM »
Chelsea put in a 30m+ bid for Luiz lololol.  I still really like him as a player, but not sure it would be a good move back

Offline harv

« Reply #625 on: May 30, 2017, 07:00:48 PM »
Griezmann has told Atletico that he wants to go. Not sure how I feel about signing him (assuming that we do of course!), personally I don't rate him that highly. He's overrated imo.

We'll hopefully be bringing Michael Keane back home too.

Offline harv

« Reply #626 on: May 31, 2017, 10:32:56 PM »
Lol, we've just turned down a £60m bid from Real Madras for De Gea. Think they're going to have to go higher than that to sign the best keeper in the world. I think that's only beaten the current world record transfer fee for a keeper by £1m if I remember correctly..?

If the silly sods hadn't taken the piss a couple of Summers ago with a ridiculous £15m bid or so they could have had him for £35m.

Going to be interesting to see what happens with this one, if he does go we'll get a decent price for him and we'll do fine with Romero taking over as the number one and Pereira as the number two. We also have Sam Johnstone too but Pereira is a better keeper imo.

And the best news I've seen all day is that Wenger has signed a new 2 year deal lmfao ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 12:17:33 PM by harv »

Offline harv

« Reply #627 on: June 01, 2017, 12:22:50 PM »
Atletico Madrid haven't had their transfer ban lifted so it's looking like the Griezmann deal is off. No great loss as far as I'm concerned because like I've mentioned here before I think he's overrated. I'd prefer Lukaku myself, Chelsea were insane to let him go years ago.

Offline herbie88

« Reply #628 on: June 02, 2017, 03:23:50 PM »
Lol, we've just turned down a £60m bid from Real Madras for De Gea. Think they're going to have to go higher than that to sign the best keeper in the world. I think that's only beaten the current world record transfer fee for a keeper by £1m if I remember correctly..?

Not even close, the biggest GK transfer was Buffon to Juventus in 1999 for about 30 mill

Offline harv

« Reply #629 on: June 02, 2017, 05:37:07 PM »
Oops, my bad. Thought it was £59m :-[

Griezmann has just signed a new deal with Atletico so that's one transfer down the drain.

Latest rumours are that we're close to a £35m deal for Lindelof, a £45m deal for Perisic and of course there's talk of us re-signing Michael Keane. Lukaku is now rumoured to be Maureen's main number 9 target now that Griezmann is out of the picture, but if we're going to spend £100m on a striker I'd rather we bought Harry Kane...but I can't see him wanting to leave the Spuds.

Lukaku would be a good signing but NOT for £100m. :o