https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Transfer Rumours  (Read 169765 times)

Offline Dragontao

Re: Transfer Rumours
« Reply #90 on: June 02, 2012, 05:12:13 PM »
If there's one club that can kill a good players prospects, it's Chelsea, as we've seen numerous times before....(Shevchenko, Glen Johnson, Mutu, Deco, Veron, SWP....Shall I mention Torres too? Or will Jman explode with disbelief?)

Seriously, you're blaming Chelsea for Shevchenko who by his own admission was never fully fit in his first season and had lost a lot of pace because of his injuries. His career was already on the downward slope. We were mugged at £30 million for him by A C Milan, a purchase made by the owner, whose wife at the time was a friend of Shevchenko's wife, not the manager (Mourinho). He was a young player at the start of his career when we got him, wasn't he, having been born in September 1976 and joining us in 2006. So I'm not quite sure how we ruined his prospects.

Veron? Are you serious? How is it we runined him and not Man Utd who paid twice what we did for him and then saw him flop. We got a bit mugged by him in the hope he could show some of his ability, unfortunately he still flopped. So again, how was it Chelsea who ruined his prospects?

Deco? He was hardly at the start of his career when we bought him and was a bit part player at Barca by then. He was in his 30's when we got him (born in 1977, we bought him in 2008). He actually had a reasonably good season and started his second season well too, but his second season was blighted by injuries. He had two long periods out of the game during the season. Chelsea didn't make him injury prone, he was injury prone throughout his career. You should remember one of his goals Ross, it came in a 7-1 victory over Villa, pretty good goal too from what I recall.He was fantastic in that game. He wanted to leave and return to Brazil for personal reasons. We gave him a free transfer to Fluminase. He won the title there in his first season in 2010. Yeah we trashed his prospects didn't we eh!

We really ruined Glen Johnson's prospects didn't we. He's at one of the top sides in the World still and an established international. I can think of quite a few players who would really hate to have had their prospects ruined to that extent.  ::) The fact is, Johnson had defensive weaknesses and Mourinho wanted a solid defence. He played well enough for us though. Surely if he was that fantastic, by now one of the top 4 English clubs or one of the top European sides would have at least made a bid for him.

Shaun Wright-Phillips. Never lived up to his promise. 90% of the time picks the wrong option. Played a lot of games at Chelsea. Won trophies and medals at Chelsea. Then went to Man City, who did exactly what we did and bombed him out of the club again when they got rich because he was not top quality to begin with, or are you in the minority of England fans who want to see him in the England side still. We did not ruin his prospects at all.  ::)

Torres. Well let's see. An F.A Cup winners medal and a Champions League medal in his first full season. Goal tally was in double figures by the end of the season and is going to be given the chance to be the top striker at the club next season having shown glimpses of a return to form at the end of the season. Yeah, we've ruined his prospects.

Now the final one on that list. Mutu. After a good start at Chelsea where he was playing well and looked good, then his form dipped. We obviously took him to a dealer and forced him to snort coke and get himself a long ban from football because we wanted to blow (no pun intended) the £15 million we paid for him. How on Earth can you say Chelsea ruined his prospects. I'm pretty certain he did that all by himself and the responsibility for becoming a coke head is down to him.

Your capacity to spout utter crap never ceases to amaze me Ross. 
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 05:16:56 PM by Dragontao »
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline AVFCRoss

« Reply #91 on: June 02, 2012, 05:44:57 PM »
Look at the prices you've payed for all those players...They were all flops because your club obviously saw potential in them, regardless of their age. Why else would you pay such huge sums of money for these players?

Also had to laugh to at the fact you're saying Deco moving from the Premier League to winning a Brazilian title is some sort of achievement.....If anything it backs my argument that he wasn't cut out for this league, and you let a £10M player walk out for free.

I deliberately listed players that cost you alot of money....You don't just pay £10-20M plus for players on a whim, unless you're willing to admit Chelsea are just horribly careless with their money....?

The main point is, all these players were never as good AFTER Chelsea ditched them....They could have been good players, but ultimately it hasn't walked out. Glenn Johnson is hardly established, btw, the only reason he'll get a look in with England is because of Roys obvious love in with Liverpool players. If it was any other manager, you'd be seeing alot more of Walker/Richards.

I actually think Torres will come good in the end, but he isn't gonna justify £50M, thats just insane.

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #92 on: June 03, 2012, 12:01:53 AM »
So basically, you are proven wrong yet again, so turn to your tried and tested tactic of competely changing the premise of your argument. From chelsea having ruined these players prospects, instead we are to blame for their decline after leaving the club and for them not becoming better players.

Even with your change in tactic you still present an ill thought out, poorly researched and frankly ridiculous argument.

Look at the prices you've payed for all those players...They were all flops because your club obviously saw potential in them, regardless of their age. Why else would you pay such huge sums of money for these players?

Does any club buy a player unless they see potential in them or think they will offer something to the team? Blimey, who;d have thought it was just Chelsea who did that. Aston Villa would never sign a duff player would they, *cough* Bosko *cough*  Balaban, only a bit cheaper than our so called flop Glen Johnson but bought way before transfer prices became so elevated. Every club has successes and failures in the transfer market, some are just more high profile.

Doesn't mean we runined their future prospects or stopped them becoming better players though.

Also had to laugh to at the fact you're saying Deco moving from the Premier League to winning a Brazilian title is some sort of achievement.....If anything it backs my argument that he wasn't cut out for this league, and you let a £10M player walk out for free.

As I pointed out, he was coming to the latter part of his career. He got the move HE wanted. After two more years he was no longer worth the £8 million (not £10 million) we paid for him from Barca. (as usual Ross checks his facts). As I also pointed out, he actually played quite well for us. Injuries were his problem. It's great when players who aren't cut out for the Premier League make a pretty good contribution to a Premier League title, won with a record number of goals scored.

If injuries mean he wasn't cut out for the Premier League, most of your team better toddle off somewhere else as you've been keen to bleat on about Villa's injury problems this season.

I deliberately listed players that cost you alot of money....You don't just pay £10-20M plus for players on a whim, unless you're willing to admit Chelsea are just horribly careless with their money....?

First off, a third of the players you listed cost under £10 million. Mutu £15.8 million, Veron £15 million (just over half what Utd paid for him). Chelsea were careless with money. I've bemoaned some of our transfers on this forum many times, but we were also paying over the odds for some players simply because the price went up as soon as Chelsea's name became involved.

You also conveniently ignore the players Chelsea bought that were a success, not all of whom cost a lot of money. Swings and roundabouts, some you win, some you lose. It happens at every club, it's only the scales of economy that are different.

The main point is, all these players were never as good AFTER Chelsea ditched them....They could have been good players, but ultimately it hasn't walked out. Glenn Johnson is hardly established, btw, the only reason he'll get a look in with England is because of Roys obvious love in with Liverpool players. If it was any other manager, you'd be seeing alot more of Walker/Richards.

Another completely flawed argument, totally ignoring my reply to your preposterous first post on this subject. We did not ruin those players prospects. Also, never as good after Chelsea ditched them. Believe it or not Ross, some players reach a point where they do start to decline. Shevchenko was one of those, not in the best shape when we bought him and already past his best. Deco was also past his prime. Were they going to miraculously find a fountain of youth, rejuventate themselves and recapture former glories after leaving Chelsea?  ::). Some suffer inuries and never regain their form after. I suppose Chelsea will be to blame for Essien's injuries, sustained on international duty, that have lead to his decline. Of course if not for Chelsea he would still go on to be a better player even with dodgy knees.

As for They could have become better playes but ultimately it hasn't worked out. Some reach a peak early and never improve further (Wright-phillips). Still a good player but was NEVER going to get any better. Man City found that out and moved him on. Already dealt with Shevchenko and Deco and their failure to find some magic elixir to allow them to become better players as they advanced in the twilight of their careers after leaving Chelsea.

Glen Johnson. Still a good player. He has improved since leaving Chelsea, not declined. He is the established Liverpool right back and an established member of the England squad and currently the chosen right back. Of course you know better than the England manager, so we'd better replace Roy quickly and send you to manage England in his place.

Veron. Could have been a better player if not for Chelsea eh. Bloody hell, it was all down to Chelsea that he didn't improve after leaving us. He was supposed to be the finished product when Utd bought him and he flopped, let alone when we bought him. Utd would certainly have hoped for the finished article after they paid £28 million for him. If we ruined him and his prospects, Utd started it.

Mutu. Hmm could have been a good player. Yes indeed, if he wasn't a coke snorting junkie. Still not Chelsea's fault. You do realise he also received a 9 month ban after failing a drugs test at Fiorentina. Chelsea also won a breach of contract case against him after which he was supposed to have repad the bulk of his transfer fee.

Some just don't fit in with a new manager's plans. Sometimes the club  moves forward and wants better quality players. So some they have signed who have reached the limits of their potential or can be replaced by better are going to move on.

IT HAPPENS at EVERY CLUB.

Moving on from some clubs isn't always an upwards step. There are only so many top clubs in top leagues. As players decline or if they fail to improve, they move on to other things. It's not the club they leave whose fault it is that they don't improve. Surely the club they move to would still be able to improve the player if they had the quality, as has happened with many players.

Not every player can be a Christiano Ronaldo and move from a Man Utd to a Real Madrid. For every Ronaldo there are many players who do a John O'Shea and move to a Sunderland.

Some players may be late bloomers and do improve. Some give the perception of improving because they are big fishes in a little pool. That works in reverse when a player has looked good at a smaller club, but when they move to a bigger club, they just don't cut it. When a hefty transfer fee has been paid, it's more noticeable.

I actually think Torres will come good in the end, but he isn't gonna justify £50M, thats just insane.

When exactly have I ever said that the £50 million we paid for Torres was anything other than stupid? Never, that's when. I was against it from the start and still think it was stupid. So your point there is what exactly? The Andy Carroll transfer fee was equally as ridiculous. I thought the Shevchenko fee was ridiculous, I will think the Hazard fee and the fee for Hulk, if they are accurate are ridiculous.

I might disagree with these valuations and transfer fees but what matters is the perception of the purchaser. Judging the worth of these purchases if they come good and help us win trophies will be down to the person who put up the money to decide if they are happy with the return on their investment.

I'll wait for your next change in tactic and ill informed argument Ross, which will no doubt still ignore the majority of the points that refute your ridiculous claims.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline AVFCRoss

« Reply #93 on: June 03, 2012, 01:59:44 AM »
Blimey, you hinted that it may be a better deal than what Liverpoolpaid for Carroll, Downing and Henderson and I just said you might be jumping to conclusions, just outlining a few examples of players with high price tags that never worked out.

Hulk will be 26 in july....Not exactly young....Yet Chelsea seem to be quite excited about £38M and HIS prospects for them....Enough so to pay £38M anyway.

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #94 on: June 03, 2012, 09:04:12 AM »
Blimey, you hinted that it may be a better deal than what Liverpoolpaid for Carroll, Downing and Henderson and I just said you might be jumping to conclusions, just outlining a few examples of players with high price tags that never worked out.

You just said I might be jumping to conclusions and pointed out a few players who didn't work out?

Ballcocks. More back tracking and attempts to re-invent your first post.

What you first said we ruined those player's prospects. Which was quite obviously rubbish. 

Then after that argument was countered you effectively said we ruined the players themselves because they never improved after they left Chelsea. Which, again, was complete tosh.

That argument countered, you then come back with "you hinted it may be a better deal", another change of tactic to deflect your ridiculous claims, second guessing the meaning of my post, which in fairness was left open to interpretation.

Hulk will be 26 in july....Not exactly young....Yet Chelsea seem to be quite excited about £38M and HIS prospects for them....Enough so to pay £38M anyway.

As I've said. I don't agree with the transfer fees.

But was Andy Carrol at, £35 million, with one half decent season behind him and no Premier League pedigree someting to get excited about? £20 million for Downing (or whatever the cost was). Similar for Henderson.

I've not said I'm excited about Hulk's signing either. In fact I have not seen a lot of him but have not been overly impressed when I have. I have expressed concerns over the Hazard signing as well. If we're talking about Chelsea as a whole, well it comes down to who is spending the cash. We have Roman and his pet (Emmanolo) seemingly making decisions on player purchases, not the manager of the team. Which I have continually said is ridiculous. It's proven by the fact negotiations for these players are being conducted while we don't even have a manager appointed.

It's interesting that all of the players you listed originally were signed either side of Mourinho's time at Chelsea, with the exception of SWP and Shevchenko, and we know Mourinho didn't want Shevchenko. It was the Ballack and Shevchenko signings that started the end of Jose's time at the club because that's when the owner started interfering, as well as bringing in his first pet Avram Grant. Scolari was the only manager since Mourinho given some leeway to bring in his own players. Deco and Bosingwa, two of his Portuguese national side,  came in while he was there. Scolari, rather than the players, was a total disaster.

When you have a club buying players and then expecting a manager to make them fit into his team and how he wants them to play, you are likely to get a higher percentage of those players fail to provide the team with what was hoped from them, regardless of the price tag. That is the problem with Chelsea and it really gets my goat.

I wasn't saying we'd got the better deal with Marin, Hazard and Hulk (two of which have not even been confirmed by the club). Nowhere did I say that. My point was intended to be about the fact our transfer fees are highlighted in the press and often seized upon (as you did with your choice of players we supposedly ruined and made worse). Yet when put into perspective, we are not the only ones doing it.

Offline chelseachelsea

« Reply #95 on: June 03, 2012, 03:50:10 PM »
Drags,

it's totally pointless discussing with dross, he just ignores any valid points against him, then drones on and on, trying to justify his ineptitude.

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #96 on: June 04, 2012, 05:19:11 PM »
Hazard deal confrimed.

Offline jman

« Reply #97 on: June 04, 2012, 05:20:45 PM »
Yup and expect hulk deal to be done in a week too, citing times!!

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #98 on: June 04, 2012, 05:40:44 PM »
Yup and expect hulk deal to be done in a week too, citing times!!

A new right back needed as well.

Just hope we give the manager's job to the right person (I'd still like to see RDM given the job, he earned it).

I have heard Joe Cole put in a good word for us and the fact we have a few other Belgian players on the books might have helped the Hazard situation. Si,ilarly with the HUlk situation, I'm sure Ramires and Luiz can have some influence there as well.

I still have my reservations about big money sognings like that, you can only hope they hit the ground running, like Mata, or at least show their worth fairly quickly, like Ramires after a slow start. At least they are joining in the summer so they can get a pre-season under their belt's.

We do now potentially have a lot more firepower, with Du Bruyne and Lukaku as well, though I suspect one or both might find themselves on loan next season. Drogba will still be a hard act to follow though.

I thought Lukaku did okay when he came on against England. They might have done better if they'd started with him. He was unlucky with the late offside call, which looked like he may have been just onside.

I hope the rumours about us putting in bids for Sagna and Walcott are just ridiculous press speculation. I doubt Walcott would want to swap the bench at Arsenal for the bench at Chelsea, though he does have some real pace, just lacks end product. Sagna is 29 and if we are looking for a decent right back I;d rather an experiences one between the 24 to 26 age range so they have a fair few years left in them.

No news on Benayoun either. Whether Arsenal will make his loan permanent or not. He must be ours again now the season is over. Still a useful squad player potentially. Also I wonder if Bruma's loan deal will become permanent. He isn't keen to come back. All round, on paper, our squad could look quite tasty next season. Best since the earl Mourinho days, Drogba apart.

Lots of specualtion ramping up around Spurs and bids for their star names, not to mention potential problems between Harry and Levy. Harry, with only a year left on his contract wanting another 3 years and Levy not seemingly happy to give it to him.

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #99 on: June 05, 2012, 10:49:57 PM »
Happy with the Kagawa signing as an alternative to Hazard Harv?

At reportedly £12 million, rising to £17 million with addons, he's obviously better rpiced and not much older. His goal scoring record is also pretty good in what is a stronger league than the French leage, so it might turn out to be a very good signing. It also helps keep Utd's legion of Asian fans happy and the Yen rolling in.

Offline harv

« Reply #100 on: June 06, 2012, 12:52:39 AM »
Yup, happy with that. ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline styles

« Reply #101 on: June 06, 2012, 09:27:27 AM »
drags, all season you talked of how your squad was ageing and how it would take a half dozen players to sort it out. So far i believe more players have left than arrived and yet now the squad is the best its looked in 6 or 7 years. Does not compute.
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #102 on: June 06, 2012, 09:18:52 PM »
Our biggest problem is that we have never adequately replaced Duff or Robben with wingers of anywhere near that quality. Hazrd, Marin and Hulk (if he signs) may be those players.

That's 3. We also have Du Bruyne coming in. That's 4. I've also said we possibly need another striker, possibly another midfield player and definitely a right back. That would be 7 new arrivals.

Bosingwa leaving isn't a loss. Neither really is Kalou. The only player who has left so far who will be a loss is Drogba.

Our all round attacking options have improved though.

Possibly Malouda and Essien may move on. If so I'd expect replacements to be brought in, though I think Essien might get another year to see if he can overcome the problems resulting from his knee injury.

Cole and Bertrand are good left back options. Our central defensive options I'm happy with, with JT, Cahill, Luiz and Ivanovic all able to play there.

Ivanovic will also be cover for the right back it is almost certain we will buy.

So the squad will have been freshened up and, on paper at least, better than it has been for the last three seasons.

Keepers
Petr Cech
Ross Turnbull
Henrique Hilario
Thibault Courtois (probably on loan again though with Cech signing a new contract)

Defenders
Branislav Ivanovic
Ashley Cole
David Luiz
Paulo Ferreira (could be sold but may be retained as a cover player for a number of positions as he seems happy with that, always useful)
Gary Cahill
John Terry
Sam Hutchinson
Ryan Bertrand
(plus a new right back).

Central and defensive midfield
Michael Essien
Oriol Romeu
Ramires
Frank Lampard
Mikel
Raul Meireles

Attacking MF/wingers/strikers
Marko Marin
Juan Mata
Eden Hazard
Kevin Du Bruyne
Hulk (if, as expected, we sign him)
Florent Malouda (may be sold)

Strikers
Fernando Torres
Romelu Lukaku (may go out on loan depending on other options)
Daniel Sturridge

Needed:
RB/CB (Van Der Wiel is a possibility)
CM or another DM
Powerful centre forward for plan B.

Offline chelseachelsea

« Reply #103 on: June 07, 2012, 07:35:54 PM »
We definately need another Right Back, and another Striker, but my main priority would be a back up Keeper, that will be up for the task if Cech gets injured.

Offline harv

« Reply #104 on: July 20, 2012, 06:45:47 PM »
Fergie has officially confirmed a bid for Van Persil. Not worth more than £15m given the state of his contract and his injury record. After seeing Berbatov's performance the other evening I'd be quite happy for him to stay if he plays like that every week. First time I think I've seen him play in the hole, he looked like he was having a real blast. :o
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever