https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: The Top Supermarket Stuff Thread  (Read 72846 times)

Offline The Borg

• Administrator
Re: The Top Supermarket Stuff Thread
« Reply #180 on: May 09, 2015, 10:59:43 PM »
Some of you may have seen the advert on TV. £5.98 for 24 cans of coke @ Asda.
We are The Borg. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

Offline jman

« Reply #181 on: May 11, 2015, 11:22:34 AM »
I've been doing the unthinkable recently and buying Pepsi Max  :-[ .. its only £1 for a full sized bottle...  Coke should never of reduced the bottle size  >:(

Saying that, we shop in Costco a lot and do bulk-buy cans of coke.. Regular deals are around 30 for £7ish.. usually much more cost effective than the super-markets.

Offline jman

« Reply #182 on: June 22, 2015, 10:45:44 AM »
Mmmm... Cherries are back in season.. £1 a punnet in Asda.. cant get enough of them... my absolute favourite fruit.

Offline harv

« Reply #183 on: June 22, 2015, 12:40:56 PM »
Can't beat a nice cherry pie. My Nan used to make us one every now and then when I was a kid.

Strawberries for me, closely followed by bananas...I love my nanas but they give me indigestion which is a pain in the bum.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline harv

« Reply #184 on: July 04, 2015, 07:27:40 PM »
Talking of strawberries, got some lovely ones from Asda the other day. Bloomin delicious!
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline harv

« Reply #185 on: July 10, 2015, 09:06:02 PM »
Iceland are doing those lovely Chicago Town Deep Dish mini pizzas for a quid each (well, technically they're 50p each cos you get 2 in a pack). I think they may have stopped doing the Meat Combo ones which is a pain in the arse because they were the best ones.

Offline harv

« Reply #186 on: July 28, 2015, 10:09:32 PM »
Asda. Wotsits. 2 for £5, 24 packets in each. I have just had wotsits, chips and peas for my tea. Wotsits and custard for my pudding.

Tomorrow I'm going to have wotsits with milk for my breakfast and a wotsits sarnie for my dinner.

I love my wotsits :o ;D ;D ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #187 on: January 18, 2016, 07:27:04 PM »
That's weird, loads of the posts have disappeared from this thread :-\

Just posting to say that Asda are doing those Chicago Town pizzas for a quid each and also Pot Noodles for 50p each :o

My freezer and cupboard are full. ;D

Offline jman

« Reply #188 on: January 19, 2016, 09:09:52 AM »
They haven't disappeared.. if you go to quote them you can see the original messages but all pound signs (£) are displayed as question marks in a diamond instead.. this tells me that its an encoding issue... I suspect that wherever they archive the old posts off too is not correctly UTF-8 encoded (as recent posts are not affected by it) - its been like this for a long time now though - so I wouldn't hold your breath for a fix.

Offline harv

« Reply #189 on: July 12, 2016, 04:08:48 PM »
Just got 20 bottles of Diet Cherry Coke and 8 boxes of Felix pouches for £41 including delivery. 2 for 2 quid on the Coke and 2 for a fiver on the Felix and a quid for the delivery. Noice. ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #190 on: February 06, 2018, 11:21:59 PM »
Just thought I'd give this an update seeing as nobody has posted in it for a while.

I have discovered the BEST mint choc chip ice cream on the fucking planet. Words can't even begin to express how good this ice cream is. It's Asda's Really Creamy Mint Choc Chip Ice Cream.

I've eaten A LOT of mint choc chip in my lifetime and NOTHING comes anywhere near being as good as this.

I'm trying the other flavours of the same brand, the Chocolate Orange one isn't bad but it's nowhere near as good as the mint choc chip stuff.

Offline harv

« Reply #191 on: February 08, 2018, 06:09:04 PM »
Dr Oetker pizzas are currently £1.50 each in Asda too. I don't normally spend more than a quid on a pizza but these things are fucking gorgeous. They're VERY thin and crispy and taste fantastic. I got a Special (pepperoni, ham and mushroom), Pollo (chicken and spinach) and a new limited edition flavour (can't remember what it's called now but it's ham and red onion).

Tesco often do them for £1.50 each too.

Offline harv

« Reply #192 on: February 17, 2018, 07:48:43 PM »
Have now tried the Raspberry Pavlova and Caramel Fudge flavours of that ice cream now. In terms of yummyness:

1) Mint Choc Chip
2) Raspberry Pavlova
3) Caramel Fudge
4) Chocolate Orange

Avoid the Chocolate Orange one because it's nowhere near as creamy as the others.

Offline jman

« Reply #193 on: March 08, 2018, 12:24:45 PM »
Doritos got a "Win up to £500 every day" offer on the back of their packets.

Had 2 packets.. won a free bag of Doritos and £5 - not bad going - the Chilli Heatwave flavour is by far the best.

Offline harv

« Reply #194 on: March 09, 2018, 12:51:24 AM »
Is that the multipacks or just single packets? I love the cheese ones. Doritos, Skips and Wotsits (and every now and then Frazzles) often contain Brucey Bonus packets that have LOADS of flavour on them. Skips in particular make you trip your balls once you eat one of these packets lmfao :o ;D ;D ;D

I'm pretty sure that the people that work in these factories do it on purpose, which is AWESOME 8)