https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: A good idea, methinks, what about you?  (Read 2712 times)

Offline agadorspartacus

A good idea, methinks, what about you?
« on: November 04, 2015, 04:06:53 PM »
I have stated in the Forum on previous occasions about new Managers building a team and winning division after division as they climb The Sunday League Pyramid. Then as often as not, when they get into the top division and face good teams, game after game,  they give up and leave Sunday League.

My idea is that these Teams should be given a credit injection by Cat Games to help and encourage them to persist in the top flight. It's similar to when a Team enters The Premier League. They get millions in recognition of the step up in quality.

In Sunday League a Team could only get the credit injection once. You can't get relegated then promoted back to the top flight and hope to get credits. Also you don't get the credits if you move conference to try a different top flight division.

It really is a one off payment to encourage the first rebuild, that will keep a Manager in the game longer term. If it does not work out, for all Teams, in terms of keeping them on for the longer term, then at least Cat Games are seen to be trying to keep Manager numbers up. :) 8)

Offline Marv999

Re: A good idea, methinks, what about you?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2015, 05:18:40 PM »
It's an ok idea in principle, but cat games will be reluctant to do something like that I think as this is an ageing game and a newer version is out. It'll be hard for them to want to reward managers going up to a X-1-1 as pretty much every league under them is full of retired teams or computer teams, so wouldn't really affect many mangers atall.

A better suggestion would be some better advertisement of the game, maybe some links on other websites or something to get the numbers back in.. maybe a better credit injection at the start for new teams, or to reward loyalty maybe a credit boost or something for loyal players (every 10 seasons maybe)

I've come back on after about 7/8 years off the game and it's sad too see how quiet it's got here. . I'd love it if it got the buzz back it used to have!
Old Fullerians AFC (Main team) + Newcastle Legends (experimental)

Offline agadorspartacus

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2015, 06:59:04 PM »
C'mon you swabs, let's have some thoughtful and even thoughtless replies. It's either that or a conversation with the cat :o Miaow :P ;) 8)

Offline garzoid

• Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2015, 10:33:23 PM »
There must be loads of students etc looking for work experience.  Why can't CG get a few folk to bring it up to date a bit?  The cost would be negligible it would make it look like CG gave a damn about the game.  I fear that they are happy to just run down the clock and carry on collecting money from the loyal band whilst doing so.  Come on Cat Games, give us a treat this Christmas!!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 10:43:25 PM by garzoid »

Offline spiteri

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2015, 03:05:12 PM »
Noty a bad idea but I doubt Cat Games would change anything.
Floriana FC

Offline stupac

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2015, 01:17:34 AM »
As a returning player this seems like a pretty good idea. It would also be nice to have bigger rewards for winning the league too, unless it has changed since i left, (500,1000, 1500) as that doesn't really help a whole lot. Especially the way the transfer market was last time I was here lol. Don't really fancy investing real money in an old game either so any way to get a few extra credits is cool with me.
Arcadia Bay | FKA The One United

Offline dannyjames2

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2015, 06:47:55 PM »
Sounds a good idea but i can't see it happening.

Although you win nothing worthwhile in this game i do feel the cost of credits and the cost of players is quite cheap.