General > The REST Room

New British Heavyweight Champion Of The World

(1/10) > >>

harv:
Did anyone else see the fight last night. Tyson Fury beat Wladimir Klitschko in a unanimous points decision after 12 rounds. 8)

A great deal of the experts in the game were surprised about it but I knew that he'd win the fight, although I was expecting him to knock Klitschko out. The first and the eleventh rounds were a draw in my opinion and Fury won the other ten.

I don't know why so many people were surprised, he's shown in the past that he can take a punch, he's always had fast hands, a great jab, has plenty of punching power, can switch between orthodox and southpaw very easily and, contrary to popular belief, his two most important assets aren't his fists but his feet. The best footwork and movement I've seen from a fighter in donkey's years.

I wish he'd give this gypsy thing a rest though. He isn't a pikey and he isn't a romani, he probably comes from a long line of fairground folk but that's about as far as it goes.

Klitschko's team tried all sorts of shenanigans to try and put Fury off his game - GloveGate, RingGate and HandWrapsGate lol - which shows (if avoiding the fight for years isn't enough lol) how worried he was about facing him. There's a rematch clause in the contract but I can't imagine that Klitschko will be up for it if he watches the fight today and sees how he was so comprehensively beaten during that fight. :o

Good to see another 'character' in the Heavyweight division again what with talking the talk, the Batman outfits and the singing we've certainly got entertainment both inside and outside the ring. Plus he's a big United fan too! ;D

harv:
Am now watching Chris Eubanks Jr vs Gary O'Sullivan, he's looking MILES better than his old man. How O'Sullivan is still on his feet is beyond me :o

harv:
O'Sullivan's corner retired him from the fight after the 7th round. No surprise because he was getting battered like a fish on Friday lol. Still stayed on his feet though, one hell of a chin :o

Anthony Joshua next. He's looking pretty tasty but can't see him being able to handle Fury's movement if/when they fight in a couple of years time.

harv:
It's all kicking off Lmfao :o ;D

Joshua punched after the bell  ;D

Can't see this lasting beyond the 2nd round lololol

harv:
On the other hand, Whyte really shook Joshua with a few punches :o

Round 3 next!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version