https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: The Confirmed Signings Thread  (Read 55780 times)

Offline Dragontao

Re: The Confirmed Signings Thread
« Reply #60 on: September 03, 2013, 06:39:14 PM »
Harv changed his tune more times during that transfer window than an epileptic pianist.

Not entirely happy about the Lukaku deal, or the fact that it took Jose to block the Ba to Arsenal loan. Flaming ridiculous loaning players to potential rivals.

It also looks like the case that Ba's refusal to go anywhere but Arsenal is what drove the Lukaku deal.

If Eto'o doesn't prove to still be world class, bearing in mind he's also new to the Premier League, we are no better off up front than last season - and we know how many league goals Ba and Torres scored from January onwards. If Eto'o gets injured, we're serisously screwed.

We've had so many false dawns from Torres I just don't believe he's turned a corner. Played well before the window, now he thinks he's safe as top dog again, he'll probably retreat back into his shell.

I hope I'm not bemoaning our failure to buy a forward again at the end of the season.

You can just see it, Sturridge and Lukaku continuing to bang in the goals while our strikers struggle. Though I'm sure JMAN thinks our attacking midfield will score enough to compensate - just like they did last year when we did so well to win the booby prize of the Europa League.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #61 on: September 03, 2013, 08:04:58 PM »
Quite content with how the window went for us. Our defence and attack have been strengthened, and although we didn't manage to secure a "marquee" signing after failed attempts to get Mkhitaryan and Willian, many LFC fans will rightly see keeping Suarez as a marquee signing of sorts.

In:

Kolo Toure - free
Mamadou Sakho - £18m
Simon Mignolet - £9m
Aly Cissokho - (season loan with option to buy)
Luis Alberto - £6.8m
Iago Aspas - £7m
Tiago Ilori - £7m
Victor Moses (season loan - £1m fee)

Kolo has already proven he can still do it at this level and Mignolet is looking like a great signing. Aspas and Alberto haven't done anything yet but it's still early days. Sakho looks be a very good signing; a young beast of a centre back with bags of potential and with plenty of caps for France. Cissokho will provide cover and Ilori is probably one for the future. Apparently he holds the record at Sporting Lisbon's academy for the speed test they conduct on each player, beating Nani's and Ronaldo's times!  :o Very impressive for a centre back.

Out:

Andy Carroll (West Ham) - £15m
Stewart Downing (West Ham) - £6m
Jay Spearing (Bolton) - £1.5m
Jonjo Shelvey (Swansea) - £5m

Fabio Borini (Sunderland) - loan - £1m fee
Oussama Assaidi (Stoke) - loan
Pepe Reina (Napoli) - loan - £2m fee
Suso (Almeria) - loan
Michael Ngoo (Yeovil) - loan

Wisdom also in talks for a loan move to Wigan which would be great for him.

Offline harv

« Reply #62 on: September 04, 2013, 12:15:14 AM »
The only thing I changed my tune about was Coentrao, but he's a wing back and not a left back. And that was because I thought that Buttner had gone on loan so I thought we needed extra cover for Evra.

Am still pissed off that the Herrera deal didn't go through though, still don't have a clue what went on lol. Oh well, I guess we can pick him up in January but then he's not available for the Champions League. :(
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline styles

« Reply #63 on: September 23, 2013, 08:42:25 PM »
Any interesting signings on deadline day?  No doubt Arsenal signed a couple of schoolboys whilst everyone else broke their transfer records  ;D
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.

Offline styles

« Reply #64 on: September 23, 2013, 08:44:13 PM »
Harv changed his tune more times during that transfer window than an epileptic pianist.

bwahahahahaha, class
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.

Offline chelseachelsea

« Reply #65 on: September 23, 2013, 09:59:53 PM »
Any interesting signings on deadline day?  No doubt Arsenal signed a couple of schoolboys whilst everyone else broke their transfer records  ;D

Nah you were trying for Miss Piggy, but ended up with Kermit.... ;)

Offline harv

« Reply #66 on: January 25, 2014, 10:56:56 PM »
Mata now a confirmed signing for United for £37.1m. Think we may have paid a little too much for him but hopefully he's going to kick-start something for a side that's been woefully underperforming since the start of the season.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #67 on: January 25, 2014, 11:06:47 PM »
Upon signing Mata said: "RVP took the No.20 jersey to represent United's 20th League title, I took the No.7 jersey to represent United's League position."

Offline harv

« Reply #68 on: January 26, 2014, 12:44:31 AM »
 :( :( :(

;D

Season isn't over yet mate ;)

Offline harv

« Reply #69 on: January 26, 2014, 01:23:13 PM »
Looks like Zaha is going on loan to Cardiff for 1.5m. Will be great for him to get regular first team football, I've been impressed by what I've seen of him so far. Could be a key player for both United and England in the not-too-distant future.

Offline harv

« Reply #70 on: January 27, 2014, 07:36:32 PM »
Number 8 for Mata which leaves the number 7 shirt free for Ronnie when he comes back in the Summer :P

Offline harv

« Reply #71 on: February 21, 2014, 08:23:56 PM »
The Roonster has just signed a deal to keep him at United until June 2019. Can't believe he's been at United for 10 years already :o

Offline harv

« Reply #72 on: May 24, 2014, 03:22:38 PM »
Forgot to update this thread yesterday. Apparently Van Gaal has given the go ahead to give Evra a one year deal. A mistake imo, he should be let go. I want to see Buttner given a regular start.

Offline harv

« Reply #73 on: May 28, 2014, 01:34:07 AM »
Cardiff have signed Macheda on a free and given him a 3 year deal. Good signing by Ollie, shame he didn't get a good run of games at United.

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #74 on: June 12, 2014, 06:18:18 PM »
Well that's Fabregas in now.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.