https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 666443 times)

Offline harv

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #3960 on: December 25, 2018, 02:34:29 AM »
So much fun blowing up icy asteroids lol

You have to be around 1km away from it before the charges blow. A two minute countdown starts when you plant your first Seismic Charge and you have three different settings low, medium and high level explosions. If you put too much welly in your explosives then you destroy valuable material.

When they eventually blow up your ship's systems go wobbly for a second or so and your canopy ices up. You then have to fly into the area that the pieces are in and zap the surface of the pieces to pop out the chunks of material.

I've just got 9 or 10 tonnes of Void Opals which should get me 15m credits or so. I would have had more but I wasted LOADS of limpets (the little robots that do the prospecting and collection of material). You can collect these things yourself easily enough but it's a hassle so I stopped mining once I ran out.

Am definitely jumping in again tomorrow though. Great fun.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline harv

« Reply #3961 on: December 26, 2018, 02:09:14 AM »
Bloody servers were buggered again. I managed to get connected for an hour or so though. Have now unlocked one of the engineers that does FSD Drives due to me scanning a few planet surfaces and cashing them in. My ranks are now:

Combat: Expert (5/9)
Trade: Merchant (5/9)
Exploration: Scout (3/9)

Won't take me too long to reach Elite status in Trading and Exploration but Combat is the difficult one to get. Once you get to Deadly only killing Elite NPCs or players will increase your percentage, and you have to kill A LOT of them.

I still haven't worked out the controls for the FSS (Full Spectrum System) scanner yet but I'm going to sort that out early next year before I do any exploration outside the Bubble.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline harv

« Reply #3962 on: December 27, 2018, 01:48:24 AM »
I'm starting to get the hang of this deep core mining now but haven't quit nailed it completely. I'm still wasting limpets on asteroids that aren't worth checking out and when I have found one that's worth blowing up I haven't quite got the strength of the seismic charges quite right. Too much and you blow up valuable materials and too little and you don't break the thing up.

Still, I've ended up mining 4 tonnes of something that I've forgotten the name of, but they're worth 250,000 credits per tonne and 22 tonnes of Void Opals which I can sell a few systems away for 1.6m credits each.

I've still got 20 or so limpets left and I've just docked in a station and will carry on with this mining tomorrow. It's great fun, but would be even better if the Brian Blessed voice pack had been updated for when you plant these seismic charges lololol ;D ;D ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #3963 on: December 28, 2018, 12:47:00 AM »
Have finally nailed finding deep core asteroids and blowing the things up just right to get the maximum possible stuff out of it. I have now got 104m credits which is handy! 8)

Offline harv

« Reply #3964 on: December 28, 2018, 04:40:31 PM »
Have also increased my Trade rank from Merchant to Broker, and am 5% away from going from Scout to Surveyor for my Exploration rank. ;D

I'm surprised none of you guys bought this when it was 75% off tbh, you'd have a lot of fun going for the Achievements given how much you like to grind for these sort of things. Ideally you'd need a HOTAS but it can also (just about!) be played with an Xbox controller.

Offline harv

« Reply #3965 on: December 29, 2018, 09:11:12 PM »
Aaaaargh!!! Fucking Virgin Media!!! There I was, in an icy asteroid ring in a Void Opal hotspot happily blowing up asteroids when my internet connection decided to go tits up!!!

I was about to blow up an asteroid full of Void Opals too! >:(

The Void Opals and Low Temperature Diamonds I'd picked up to that point will still be in my cargo hold of course, but when I log back in the bloody game is most likely going to spawn my ship right on top of a pirate or two. :o :'(

Am having a blast (lol) doing this mining though. A few more trips and I might buy myself a Python I think, or a Fer De Lance. Am flying around in my Alliance Chieftain at the moment which is quite a nice ship but I've only got 64 tonnes of cargo space.

I'm gonna need a bigger boat for Thargoid hunting and more profitable mining. Thargoids have started incursions into the Human Bubble so I might have to start killing the fuckers again, something I haven't done for 10 years or so. :o

The only good bug is a dead bug  8)

Offline harv

« Reply #3966 on: December 30, 2018, 03:29:06 AM »
A nice mining haul I've just had but could have been better, 92m credits plus the 50m or so I managed to get on that previous run when my internet went tits up.

I managed to spawn amongst three pirates which had me filling my trousers when I first saw them, I had 50m credits worth of Void Opals in my cargo hold. Luckily they decided to fight each other to see who would get their hands on my lovely gems so I did a runner lol

I now have around 250m credits which is nice, I might have to have a look and see what sort of ship I can get for around half that (because you should never fly without a rebuy and I'm going to need some credits handy to upgrade stuff!).

Offline harv

« Reply #3967 on: January 04, 2019, 06:39:39 PM »
I've now got myself a Python and as a result of getting that ship have a 160 tonne cargo hold which has increased my mining profits. I just got awarded Tycoon status for my Trade rank by the Pilot's Federation which is nice, my next one is Elite status 8)

It's all been a bit too easy getting those Trading ranks though. I normally keep away from easy ways to get credits but blowing up asteroids is so much fun!

Once I get Elite with Trade I'll start work on Exploration and Combat. Combat is the most difficult of the lot to get, it's going to take me a while, Exploration should be easy enough - just one quick bit of exploration outside the Bubble for a few days should do it I think. 8)

Offline harv

« Reply #3968 on: January 06, 2019, 01:00:23 AM »
Didn't manage to play today but I reckon I'll be Elite tomorrow  8)

Offline harv

« Reply #3969 on: January 14, 2019, 09:12:25 PM »
Oh. Shit.

Someone has recreated the PT demo with the Unreal Engine. And you can play it in VR. :o

I'm downloading it now and have clean underwear handy on standby ;D ;D ;D

If you haven't played it flat before it got taken off the PS Store you can download it from here:

https://radiusgordello.itch.io/unreal-pt

PC only of course!

Offline harv

« Reply #3970 on: February 23, 2019, 12:53:21 AM »
That thing wasn't that scary tbh, nowhere near as bad as Dreadhalls and Alien Isolation VR Mod. Those two are REALLY unsettling.

Have just been continuing playing Elite Dangerous and mining by blowing asteroids up. I can't see that ever getting old, it's great fun. Am now almost halfway through Tycoon status with my Trading rank, another three or four mining trips and I should be Elite 8) ;D 8)

Then I'm going to go exploring outside the Human Bubble I think to sort out my Exploration rank. The Combat one is the most difficult one to get though, but I should be able to grind my way through it without too much trouble I reckon.

Offline harv

« Reply #3971 on: February 27, 2019, 01:51:33 AM »
Frontier have announced on Twitter that 0.036% of the galaxy in Elite Dangerous has been explored. Bloody hell lol ;D ;D ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #3972 on: March 08, 2019, 03:58:36 PM »
Did some more mining last night and I now have Elite status in my Trade rank!!! Woo hoooooo!!!

On my way to Bugas (my favourite system for mining) I got hyperdicted (ripped out of hyperspace!!!) by a couple of Thargoid ships. My first encounter with Thargoids since the 90s!!! And I nearly filled my trousers lol :-[ ;D

These things are fucking HUUUUUUGE!!! And quite intimidating, especially seeing as I only had a couple of Beam Lasers and some Abrasion Blasters. Luckily they just scanned me and fucked off again because I was nowhere near equipped for a fight with them.

Next up is a bit of bounty hunting to increase my Combat rank a bit. I haven't had a fight for a while so I'll be a bit rusty, then I'm going to buy some anti-Thargoid weaponry I think and see if I can kill one of these things. When you see these things on YouTube they don't look that intimidating but once you see them first hand and in VR they're quite scary. :o

Offline jman

« Reply #3973 on: March 13, 2019, 05:59:24 PM »
Not sure I like the new Trials Rising game as much as previous iterations.. but it's still nice to see I can still whip Late's arse on the scoreboards heh.

Offline Late

« Reply #3974 on: March 13, 2019, 09:02:09 PM »
Can't argue with either point, there.

My character looks awesome though 🤣

« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 09:07:06 PM by Late »
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...