https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: The League Cup Thread  (Read 33956 times)

Offline jman

Re: The League Cup Thread
« Reply #105 on: March 13, 2019, 06:13:30 PM »
Gave my opinion at the start of the season somewhere.

We have a manager that has not won anything in his entire career and an assistant manager who has done awful throughout his PL managing career - I said we wouldn't win anything this season and stick by it.  I was amazed that we went on an 18 game unbeaten run at the start of the season - well and truly found out with some of those results... but unbelievably, even with a decent run, united could still finish 6th and arse and spurs are the biggest bottle jobs going so - so there's still hope for top 4 I guess.. but the football has been more boring under Sarri than it was under Mourinho.. I'd take Mourinho back for a 3rd time even if it is for temporary success, only side he didn't win the title with, was United lol.

I'm surprised anyone but harv is still here tbh, as soon as united start winning a few games you never hear the end of it from him, same old, same old... I bet he still thinks united are actually going to win something this season lol.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 06:16:11 PM by jman »

Offline harv

« Reply #106 on: March 14, 2019, 12:29:16 AM »
We'll we've got a good chance of winning the FA Cup and are still in the Champions League. Even if we win bugger all and don't get a top four place I (and the vast majority of United fans) am just happy that we're playing attacking football again.

The frustrating thing is that we've had a squad capable of winning the Premiership every season since Fergie retired but poor managers playing boring defensive football has prevented us from reaching that goal.

Ollie's record since taking over in all competitions is Premiership winning form:

P18 W14 D2 L2 F39 A13 GD+26
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline harv

« Reply #107 on: September 24, 2019, 11:31:15 PM »
Well it's that time of year again - the Worthless Cup 8)

Spurs got knocked out on penalties, arse and City are through to the next round.

United have Rochdale tomorrow, the way we've been playing we'll probably get fucking battered lol ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline harv

« Reply #108 on: September 25, 2019, 08:54:01 PM »
Strong team from Ollie:

Romero

Wan-Bissaka Tuanzebe Jones Rojo

Pogba Fred

Pereira Lingard Chongy

Greenwood

0-0 at halftime. Their keeper has made a couple of decent saves and Pogba missed a sitter. :(

Offline harv

« Reply #109 on: September 25, 2019, 09:36:50 PM »
Greenwood put us 1-0 up and a 12 year old gets an equaliser  :o

There's no fucking way he's 16  ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #110 on: September 25, 2019, 09:39:18 PM »
I reckon we'll end up going out from penalties just like the Spuds :'(

Offline harv

« Reply #111 on: September 25, 2019, 09:56:35 PM »
Bloody penalties, we should have had a penalty at the end too. :'(

Offline harv

« Reply #112 on: September 25, 2019, 10:08:21 PM »
Well that was a relief, we scored all of them and Rochdale missed one so we're through to the next round.

Their keeper deserved the MOTM, he was outstanding.

Poor finishing from United again though. We should have scored 3 or 4 goals but most of our attempts were off target.

Offline harv

« Reply #113 on: September 26, 2019, 12:54:14 AM »
Away to Chelsea in the next round. 8)

Offline harv

« Reply #114 on: October 30, 2019, 07:13:31 PM »
Three at the back for United again with four changes to the side that beat the Canaries:

Romero

Lindelof Maguire Rojo

Wan-Bissaka Fred McTominay Williams

Lingard

James Rashford

Probably 3-4-3 with Lingard as the number 10 I think.

Offline harv

« Reply #115 on: October 30, 2019, 08:34:39 PM »
Bloody streams playing up again. United a goal up through a Rashford penalty ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #116 on: October 30, 2019, 08:56:47 PM »
And that's halftime with United going in a goal up. Chelsea have had plenty of possession but haven't been able to do much with it thanks mainly to McTominay. They've hardly been in the final third and when they did manage to break through our three central defenders have cut their goal chances down to just 2 and they've both been off target.

United haven't done THAT much better though, 4 attempts on goal and 2 on target...and one of those was a penalty.

It's a very tight game so far and pretty boring to watch. :(

Offline harv

« Reply #117 on: October 30, 2019, 09:23:22 PM »
Looks like Fat Frank got the hairdryer out during the break, much better half from Chelsea and Batshuayi has just scored a great equaliser  :o

Offline harv

« Reply #118 on: October 30, 2019, 09:28:29 PM »
United switching to a back four with Martial coming on for Lindelof and Pereira coming on for Lingard.

Offline harv

« Reply #119 on: October 30, 2019, 09:35:24 PM »
Fucking hell :o

Rashford puts us 1-2 up with an AMAZEBALLS free kick. Wow. ;D