https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 686227 times)

Offline harv

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #3315 on: September 30, 2015, 05:09:22 PM »
Quite like Unity so far. I remember the days in the 90s when you had to do all this manually with c++. It was a fucking nightmare :o

Unity and Unreal have physics and everything built-in.

I've now got a sphere rolling around on top of a plane with 4 walls stopping it from rolling off.

Think I might start working on a VR Pacman game in third person. Still a long way from getting anything like that done though. Baby steps! :o ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline jman

« Reply #3316 on: October 06, 2015, 01:49:14 PM »
Pre-ordered Halo 5, out on the 27th October.. £36.99 from Game using the code 5OFFGAME - best price I've seen that includes delivery  :D

Offline harv

« Reply #3317 on: October 06, 2015, 02:59:46 PM »
Just got my Intel i7 6700K delivered ;D

And now it's going to be teasing me sitting on my shelf until I can afford the rest of my parts for my build of my Beast, the saucy minx lololol :o ;D ;D ;D

The rest of the build is going to be made up of the following parts:

A Noctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler
A Gigabyte Z170XP-SLI motherboard
16GB of Kingston HyperX Fury Black DDR4-2133 RAM
Cooler Master Storm Stryker ATX Full Tower case
EVGA 850W 80+ Gold Fully Modular PSU

Saved around 36 quid on the CPU which was great and for the rest I'm going to be going on Bespoke for better deals so I should have JUST enough money saved without doing my credit card too much damage.

Going to be using the iGPU on the CPU until May next year when I'll be getting either a Radeon Fury X or the new GeForce Pascal GPU if they've managed to bung in Asynchronous Shaders at the hardware level.

And then in November next year it's going to be time for VR goodness. Am leaning towards getting the Oculus Rift but may change my mind if they announce Half Life 3 as a launch title for HTC Vive. :P
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline harv

« Reply #3318 on: October 08, 2015, 02:41:56 AM »
Got my Unofficial Cardboard 2.0 Plus in the post and it's pretty good. Wish I'd got one of those plastic ones though cos my dozy old puss keeps trying to chew it. ;D

Only tried a couple of Android VR apps so far and tried getting Half Life 2 to run on it but my current rig isn't up to the task...was getting less than 10fps I think lol :o ;D

The best app so far is Titans From Space which has you flying around in a seat looking at the Sun, the Earth, the moon and other planets in our solar system and a few suns and planets outside it. Makes you realise how small and insignificant we all are compared to other planets, suns and moons. :o

Offline Late

« Reply #3319 on: October 09, 2015, 02:51:02 PM »
You may be small and insignificant.

I'm mighty!
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #3320 on: October 09, 2015, 03:47:32 PM »
Not compared to Rigel you're not :o ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #3321 on: October 10, 2015, 03:04:04 AM »
Sorted out VR in Half-Life 2 now, had to change one of the settings in Trinus VR and now it's A LOT smoother. And I played it for half an hour or so and no dizziness. I must be immune to simulator sickness 8) ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #3322 on: October 16, 2015, 11:05:20 PM »
Fucking hell, I've just read that Microsoft want $3000 for a Holo-Lens devkit :o

So there goes a fair amount of indie support.

Better than Sony with the PS3 devkits before the PS3 launched, they would set back developers and publishers £18,000 :o :-\ :o

Offline harv

« Reply #3323 on: October 17, 2015, 08:22:01 PM »
Have just been watching some guys with Oculus Rift DK2 headsets playing War Thunder in VR-O-Vision and it looks absolutely fucking amazing :o

Makes you realise just how difficult air combat was during both World Wars. Just a plane with a radio and machine gun duct-taped onto it :o :o :o ;D

I'd love some old pilots to try this out and give feedback on how accurate the game is, but I guess there's not too many of the fellahs left these days :-\ :(

The game looks absolutely amazing, even watching it on YouTube in 2D.

Offline harv

« Reply #3324 on: October 21, 2015, 05:34:12 PM »
Some fucker just blew my ship up. :'(

Commander Georgie Best lost his cargo, but I rammed the fucker before I died and must have done a shitload of damage to his ship, there was a shitload of smoke and sparks coming off his ship lmfao :D

Offline harv

« Reply #3325 on: October 22, 2015, 07:38:20 PM »
Am well and truly back in business now. I now have 31,000 credits, another couple of deals and I'll be able to get rid of the Sidewinder I've borrowed off somebody (I'm sure we owned our first ship outright in the original!). This game is every bit as addictive as it always was. 8)

Offline harv

« Reply #3326 on: October 27, 2015, 02:48:43 AM »
My combat rank has now gone up from Harmless to Mostly Harmless. Have now killed 28 pirates and been destroyed by 6. Not a bad K/D ratio.

And my combined assets are now worth over half a billion credits. 8)

Offline harv

« Reply #3327 on: October 27, 2015, 07:55:17 PM »
Make that 38/9 8)

Offline harv

« Reply #3328 on: October 28, 2015, 04:21:58 PM »
Whoops, nearly made a HUUUUUGE cock up :o ;D ;D ;D

I had just over 750,000 credits so decided to completely upgrade the thrusters, weapons, shields and power generators of my ship leaving me with around 73,000 credits in the kitty. Then decided to have a go at killing pirates at a Resource Extraction Site, which is basically where everyone goes to mine stuff, so it attracts pirates. Then got blown up.

Being the fool that I am, I completely forgot about Insurance and realised that the additions to my ship had bumped up my payment needed (5% of the ship's value!) for me to get my ship back. I was left with 34,000 credits...5,000 credits short of the payment needed to get my ship back if I got it blown up again lol.

Have now flogged off most of those new parts and downgraded them slightly so I now have 172,000 credits to my name lol ;D

Going to wait until I get a Cobra Mark III and a good few credits on top before I do that again lmfao ;D

Offline Late

« Reply #3329 on: October 28, 2015, 11:10:25 PM »
November's Games With Gold:

Pneuma: Breath of Life (Xbox One) - November 1st - 30st
Dirt 3 (Xbox 360) - November 1st - 15th
Knight Squad (Xbox One) - November 16th - December 15th
Dungeon Siege 3 (Xbox 360) - November 16th - 30th

Still haven't really played on my console much lately - though I did have a go on COD Zombies for a few days a couple of weeks ago. Still mainly doing my gaming on the pc though.
Or I was - until my external hdd went tits up last week. I had a 2tb external drive with my full Steam library installed on it, but it's just got a flashing light and can't be accessed.
Have today taken delivery of a new 4tb drive.
Not too bothered about the data loss. All of the games can be downloaded again free of charge, so it's just a matter of time before I get all of my games back. And most either store game saves etc. on the C: drive or on the cloud, so I've not lost much (and I've probably only played about 50 of my 500-ish games anyway).

Nice to see Assassin's Creed is getting decent reviews. I'll definitely pick that up at some point, but I'll wait for a drop in price. I'm in no rush.
Will probably buy one or two games in November from COD/Fallout/StarWars. Undecided on which to buy, and undecided on which format to buy (xb1 or pc). My pc would struggle with all of them, but it's generally sooooo much cheaper.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...