https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 680473 times)

Offline harv

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #1755 on: April 26, 2013, 11:01:32 AM »
Happy birthday late! ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline harv

« Reply #1756 on: April 26, 2013, 05:15:18 PM »
Here's a video of the Rayman Legends Challenge app in action. Very addictive!!!

Sadly, this can get a bit annoying, as you can sometime lose focus of your actual character and think you're in the lead when you're actually a bit further behind.

Only a bit annoying if you're a bit of a fuckwit with poor eyesight lol (and no, my eyesight is fine! :P ). I'm surprised that some of these journalists manage to wash, clothe and feed themselves without the supervision of a responsible adult :o
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline Late

« Reply #1757 on: April 26, 2013, 07:43:14 PM »
Thanks lads. Life begins here, I'm told. ;)
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline Late

« Reply #1758 on: April 29, 2013, 02:40:05 PM »
Re: "illumiroom" which I mentioned a while back (here - reply #1323)

Microsoft have now released a video explaining how IllumiRoom works:
Microsoft (Silverlight required).
alternative (youtube)

With the video being released today, and the nextbox reveal being less than a month away there's natually some rumours that it'd be supported on the new console.
It's fantastic tech - but it's not something I expect we'll see in our front rooms any time soon. They managed it in the demo by having the right room set-up, the right equipment, etc.
I don't have a coffee table or a projector, and I'm pretty sure you wouldn't get them included in a £400-£450ish xbox bundle.

I couldn't tell whether you'd need a second kinnect for this, or whether you'd just move the (presumably bundled) one you have to the coffee-table position while it maps on initial set-up. I imagine you'd be fine with just one - surely after set-up there's no need for a kinnect near the projector?

I fervently hope they continue to pursue this avenue. As technology gets smarter, smaller, and cheaper we're probably not far away from being able to put the necessary cameras and projectors into a "rubik's cube"-sized device.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 02:57:08 PM by Late »
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #1759 on: April 29, 2013, 03:31:40 PM »
Looks pretty cool but I'd rather have some sort of headset for something like that personally. A headset would mean you wouldn't be able to see any of your surroundings and be placed directly into the game world. Something like that with full body motion tracking and remote and nunchuck clones as well as GamePad/traditional controller with touchscreen duct-taped onto it support would be awesome.

For it to be completely VR you'd also need something that allows you to walk or run, a treadmill or something. I remember seeing a giant globe thing on Dragon's Den ages ago but that would be waaaay too big to fit in your living room lol ;D

Offline Late

« Reply #1760 on: April 29, 2013, 04:03:53 PM »
I've not been keeping up with the Oculus Rift, but that's promising tech going down that route. Seems to be coming along nicely but it's impossible to gauge properly without trying it for yourself (or getting a review from someone you trust).

Either the IllumiRoom or the Oculus Rift would be fantastic if combined with a Falcon-style controller.

Oculus Rift
Falcon

Edit - did you ever see the The Gadget Show doing their Virtual Reality Gaming setup a while back? Link. Very impressive :D
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 04:10:38 PM by Late »

Offline harv

« Reply #1761 on: April 29, 2013, 06:07:29 PM »
There's a guy that's come up with a low cost version of Oculus Rift, works in a different way as far as I remember but works with a smartphone, lenses and stuff done from a 3D printer. Saw a demo of it on YouTube a while back, think he had Doom or Doom 2 running on it.

Lag is going to be a concern though I think, no idea how Nintendo have managed it with the GamePad.

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #1762 on: April 30, 2013, 12:19:51 PM »
New Watch Dogs trailer and release date (22nd November :D):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nexZyCYPgio

Offline harv

« Reply #1763 on: April 30, 2013, 09:32:15 PM »
Oops, looks like the WiiKey team have cracked the Wii U in about the same time it's taken to crack the 360 and Wii. Sounds like it's going to be similar to the 360 hack but using a USB dongle instead of you having to remove and mess about with the drive. Bet Nintendo are glad they've joined the 21st Century and implemented accounts lol. Expect plenty of MAC address bans soon! :o

Offline harv

« Reply #1764 on: May 01, 2013, 07:16:15 PM »
Bah! Was getting my hopes up when I saw the start of the CoD trailer and saw ancient soldiers. It's about bloody time we saw a CoD that lets you play as a Saxon, Viking or Roman soldier. Now that we've got and are getting current gen consoles that can handle it I want to see thousands of enemies in huge battles from the past. :o

Laying siege to castles in Medieval times, jousting tournaments etc.

Give us simulations of real battles from history and allow us to change history!!! 8)

Would be pretty cool I reckon if that happened and we could have flashes forward seeing how those different results would have affected our lives today!

Offline stupac

« Reply #1765 on: May 02, 2013, 04:18:33 PM »
Hey good to see you lot are still here! Forgot to log in here for ages!

Been playing Skyrim lately...about 2 years after everyone else lol. Really didn't think I would like it but I love it! Level 31 at the moment and going for the platinum but that will take a while.
Arcadia Bay | FKA The One United

Offline Late

« Reply #1766 on: May 02, 2013, 04:52:17 PM »
Hi Stu - you've missed nothing ;)

I must get back into Skyrim at some point. I loved it, but stopped after completing about half of the quest lines.
I'm wary though. My in-game missus will no doubt give me a bollocking for going missing for a year...

Downloaded the latest map pack for Cod Blops 2 a couple of nights ago. Hadn't played in about 3 or 4 months (and was never all that good at the game) so am a bit rusty.
Love the "Studio" map - which is the Firing Range map from Blops 1, but with a new skin - which is fine by me as it was always a good map and now it's better. "Magma" seems okay, but I only landed in that map twice so don't yet know it well.
Had half a game on the rooftop level (not sure of the name), and haven't seen the arena level "Encore" yet. Not sure if that's just bad luck, or if it's getting voted out because it's not popular.
Also had a couple of quick goes on the Zombie map - which looks fantastic, but has me pretty bloody confused so far. You spend part of your game as a ghost, shooting lightning out of your spectral fingertips, before reviving your corporeal body and playing as normal (going back to ghost if you get "killed" by the zombies). Haven't figured out the map yet, but it seems well designed - and the intro film to the level is great.

Offline harv

« Reply #1767 on: May 02, 2013, 06:28:04 PM »
I've been waiting for the GOTY Edition of Skyrim to appear before I play it...was expecting to have seen it before now tbh. :-\

Offline Late

« Reply #1768 on: May 02, 2013, 07:01:18 PM »
You've only got a month to wait. Skyrim Legendary Edition was announced a few days back. Released 7 June.

Offline harv

« Reply #1769 on: May 02, 2013, 08:20:17 PM »
Great stuff, took them long enough though! :o