https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 682492 times)

Offline jman

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #2610 on: March 05, 2014, 09:24:50 PM »
Ta late, twas a pretty tough distance to beat, but I managed to do it  ;)

Offline Late

« Reply #2611 on: March 06, 2014, 03:56:25 AM »
I don't understand this world sometimes.

Have installed the new Twitch app on my xb One. For anyone who hasn't heard of it (I hadn't until this week) it's a broadcast thing. Allows you to broadcast yourself playing games (and probably doing anything else) and allows you to watch others playing, if they're broadcasting. At present you can't broadcast on the One, just watch - broadcast will be enabled later this month.
Can broadcast the game only, or the game with yourself in a frame in the corner.

So I hop into one of the first channels I spot - someone called summit1g playing dayz on the PC. There was no action at the time - he was just running across open fields, with the occasional hill and copse. I kept hoping to see some zombies. So I kept watching for about half an hour.
In that time I didn't see a single zombie, or a single shot fired. But I did see him making money. People were sending text messages or something attached to PayPal, generally just $2 sometimes $5, $50, and on one occasion $300. The message popped up at the top of the screen and the guy read them out as he was playing. This fecker must have made around $3000 in half an hour. Insane.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 04:04:00 AM by Late »
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #2612 on: March 06, 2014, 08:38:24 AM »
Wtf :o

Maybe he was doing something for charity or something..? :-\
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline jman

« Reply #2613 on: March 06, 2014, 01:18:23 PM »
If you go on his twitch channel it says..

Welcome to the channel. A little bit about myself: I'm an EX professional Counter-Strike player. Been playing CS since I was 14. I've gotten into streaming this past year and been doing it ever since. I stream full time, 7 days a week starting at 1pm-2pm PST. I also like to stream other games, some competitive, some casual, whatever I feel like at the time. Hope you enjoy your stay, be nice to the people in chat! :D

I do this as my full time job so donations are very much appreciated, but will never be asked for.

Top All-Time Donators: BigHerp $20010 M184 $16250 Reapzpwnz $4840 Bas $3483 Sambicker $2448 Ownthecourt $2170 Deadication2 $1737 RapidStabber $1450

Why would someone donate $20k to watch someone play video games lol.. these people are even sadder than a person who claims video gaming as a life career.

Offline harv

« Reply #2614 on: March 06, 2014, 03:20:36 PM »
Lmfao, that has to be a wind up..? Nobody in their right mind would give the bloke 20 grand lol.

Perhaps he's doing it as some sort of con. Those aren't real people and he's chancing his arm and hoping real people will see these fake people 'donating' and follow suit. :-\
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline Late

« Reply #2615 on: March 06, 2014, 06:25:11 PM »
Watch Dogs finally has a release date - launching worldwide on May 27th for PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One.
No date for the Wii U yet.

YouTube
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #2616 on: March 06, 2014, 06:33:59 PM »
Started to play through Resident Evil Revelaitons on the Wii U. Infernal difficulty is a bloomin nightmare lol. Had to switch to Normal instead. There should be a difficulty level somewhere between the two tbh, the problem with Infernal is that the enemies are just plain bullet sponges. And Normal difficulty is too easy. Still, the best Resident Evil game released in donkey's years...even better than 4 imo.

It could still do with being a little more survival horror and a bit less action horror though, but it's a good step in the right direction. Hopefully Resident Evil 7 is going to follow in the same sort of vein (was that grammatically correct..? Not sure!) ;D
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 06:35:56 PM by harv »

Offline jman

« Reply #2617 on: March 07, 2014, 11:01:01 AM »
Tell you what, Ryse is a bit of a challenge on the hardest difficulty.. I walked the game on the previous one.. this one, I'm getting stuck at every pissing checkpoint for ages and to be honest, its losing its fun factor now I'm nearing the end of my second playthrough.  Plus I'm annoyed I've missed some collectibles despite the game having a very linear path..

Think I'm gonna shoot off down Tesco later and see if I can pick up Stick of Truth, cant wait any longer to play it  ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #2618 on: March 07, 2014, 03:31:01 PM »
Happens a lot, it's down to not enough focus testing (via both members of the public (usually people working in other departments at the publisher) and other members of QA that haven't worked on the game before). You have the same team of testers working on the game for at least 40 hours per week and they just get used to playing the game at that level so can't judge on whether the game is too hard or not.

Offline harv

« Reply #2619 on: March 07, 2014, 03:37:41 PM »
Well I was expecting a graphical downgrade for Watch Dogs but this is a bit ridiculous lol:

I think we can safely say that this game has been in development hell. :(

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #2620 on: March 07, 2014, 05:27:48 PM »
That's mad. Compare the E3 2012 trailer with the trailer released yesterday and the difference is astounding. From what looked a true AAA next-gen title they've made it look like GTA.

Offline harv

« Reply #2621 on: March 07, 2014, 06:08:11 PM »
GTA looks better.

And if the huge delay and the huge graphical downgrade wasn't enough to point to the game being completely fucked they had to get the entire dev team from Ubisoft Bucharest that were working on the Wii U SKU to help finish the game.

Ubisoft really need to sort out their project management, it's been a mess for years. I really wonder how Ubisoft make any money tbh with having hundreds of staff working on each game and the games dropping in price in a matter of weeks of being released. :-\

Offline jman

« Reply #2622 on: March 07, 2014, 08:21:38 PM »
Stick of truth is probably the funniest game I've ever played, its fucking awesome, I love it!

Offline Late

« Reply #2623 on: March 07, 2014, 08:57:42 PM »
The deleted scenes are easily found on the internet, but leave it until after you've completed it (unless you're playing it on pc , which I think is uncensored).

Offline jman

« Reply #2624 on: March 07, 2014, 11:32:34 PM »
Already came across a few censored scenes.. annoying to say the least.. cant believe they censored the alien anal probing... its a flippin cartoon, you can watch much more violent and graphic material in an 18 film in Europe..   

People say its Germany and their censorship policies - but they haven't censored the battle you can have with an alien Nazi tramp lol.. and they haven't censored the european pc version.. its just bullcrap.