https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 683597 times)

Offline jman

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #3840 on: December 17, 2017, 03:50:54 PM »
I bought Hand of Fate 2 yesterday, I really enjoyed the first one, the second one improves on the first one in a big way, much slicker, less annoying bits and better adventures.  Not a massive fan of dungeon crawlers but this is awesome

Offline harv

« Reply #3841 on: December 17, 2017, 05:47:57 PM »
I've always loved dungeon crawlers, probably because it reminds me of me playing D&D and T&T when I was a kid. I wrote one in Visual Basic years ago, I would have started doing one for VR but there's LOADS of them available so I decided to go for a sci-fi survival horror game instead. There aren't enough VR horror games out there, and it's another genre that's ideal to play in VR.

I started to play The Wizards last night and think I might need to use the straps on my Touch controllers whilst playing it. I can see myself lobbing my controller at my telly when I do a fireball spell if I'm not too careful lol :o ;D ;D ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline harv

« Reply #3842 on: December 17, 2017, 08:11:01 PM »
Woo hoo!!! Bethesda have just confirmed Skyrim VR for the PC next year! Noice! 8)

Will probably need a mod or two to fix the controls because they're bound to not support the Rift and Touch controls given the Zenimax/Oculus court case.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline jman

« Reply #3843 on: December 18, 2017, 08:35:52 AM »
Well Hand of Fate is very much D&D-esque - in fact it reminds me of those Fighting Fantasy RPG books which I used to play and love when I was younger - Forest of Doom, Caverns of the Snow Witch, Deathtrap Dungeon and Island of the Lizard King were probably my favourites - I still remember them quite vividly.

Also, I never actually finished the first Hand of Fate because the final boss is fucking rock hard.. you basically have to run a dungeon fighting every boss in the game before you get to him.. that's the toughest and longest part - and because the final boss has instant kill attacks - the few times I did get to him were pretty much trial and error scenarios - even when I had learnt his attacks - I think I was about 1 or 2 hits away from killing him before I died - that just annoyed me enough to not bother anymore - the camera and the fighting were a bit dodgy in the last game, they have all been fixed in the sequel.

Offline harv

« Reply #3844 on: December 18, 2017, 07:50:22 PM »
Yup, those books were amazing. A real shame that Ian Livingstone is a clueless cunt that was responsible (along with the 3 other employees in the Acquisitions Department) for my entire department being made redundant at Eidos in 2008. These people thought that Escape From Bug Island was a great idea and turned their noses up at Fallout 3 and Bioshock lol :o ;D ;D ;D

I keep on meaning to send him a turd in a box after I've had a curry but I haven't got around to it yet, plus me not being able to drink Guinness any more will make less of an impression ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #3845 on: December 22, 2017, 03:58:14 AM »
Have sorted out my shields now, and invested in a better fuel scoop. Now I can do some proper passenger trips and earn a few credits. I'm down to my last 5m credits now so I need to start earning again. I've noticed that Anacondas have sky-rocketed in price, must be due to demand since the Thargoids have started to attack. They cost three times what they did a year ago. Good to see that capitalism is still alive and well in 3303 lol :o ;D ;D ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #3846 on: December 22, 2017, 04:05:51 AM »

Here's a pic showing the damage these bastards have done. Thousands of lives lost. Fuckers.

The only good bug is a dead bug.

Shit is starting to get real, I'm gonna need a bigger boat lol :o ;D ;D ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #3847 on: December 22, 2017, 07:47:12 PM »
I'm quite tempted to go to that area of space to see if I can meet up with any of them. Not sure if my T7 will be able to travel that far though, it's outside of the human bubble or more accurately it's part of a newly formed second human bubble.

There have been passenger missions that have passengers wanting to encounter Thargoids so I might kill 2 birds with one stone. I could also pick up some Meta-Alloys too while I'm at it. They sell for over a 100,000 credits at some stations.

Offline harv

« Reply #3848 on: January 19, 2018, 08:24:40 PM »
Haven't been able to do much work on my game for a while but I've just started again...this time with some ambient music which you can listen to here:

https://soundcloud.com/arv1971/horror-1

VERY easy to do with Audacity and the music has changed so much that it's unrecognisable and won't be a problem with copyright claims. And no, I'm not going to say what song it is lol :P

Please let me know what you think. Sounds about right to have playing to increase tension for my survival horror game if placed correctly. 8)

Offline jman

« Reply #3849 on: February 07, 2018, 08:04:04 AM »
Been toying with signing up to Xbox Game Pass now I have my super broadband connection.. £8 a month for access to over 100 games.. its more like 200 games to be honest.. there's quite a few on there that I've been meaning to buy for a while.. and £8 is really not that much.. but before anything.. I need to finish off DarkSiders - the original one that came out ages ago - I've never played it before and finding it quite enjoyable.. its a Metroid-type game (with DMC style fighting) and you play as War, one of the 4 horse-men of the apocalypse doing jobs for Samael (who is basically Satan) - definitely recommend it, DarkSiders 2 is available on XGP - so that will probably be one of the first I download if I do get that.

Offline Late

« Reply #3850 on: February 07, 2018, 06:46:30 PM »
Yeah game pass is looking more and more enticing - especially since the recent announcement that all first-party games will be added to the pass on their day of release, in future.

Crackdown 3 and State of Decay 2? Count me in.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #3851 on: February 08, 2018, 07:42:59 AM »
State of Decay should be one of those games I loved, it really appealed to me.. but after like 2 hours playing it and losing loads of people.. I basically fucked up - I never went back to it again lol.

Crackdown 3 is a winner, I loved the first two..

Sea of Thieves aswell.. that would appeal if it had a single-player mode.. I don't like people basically and I don't like playing games with people I don't know.. so that can GTFO

You can get a free month of XGP here if you haven't signed up to Microsoft Rewards before, otherwise everyone gets a 14 day free trial via the Xbox dash.

Offline harv

« Reply #3852 on: February 09, 2018, 06:41:16 PM »
Here's an interesting old article on Chris Roberts and Star Citizen, the game that has had over £150m worth of crowdfunding so far and (imo) will never be released:

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2016/09/26/the-24-year-feud-that-has-dogged-star-citizen

In other news Yaw VR, a motion simulator, has just reached its Kickstarter goal of $150,000.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/346206518/yaw-vr-compact-portable-motion-simulator/description

It doesn't look great by any means but if it works okay and is available for half the Kickstarter backer price at some point in the future I might pick one up. You'll be out of luck if you're taller than 6'3" and over 250 lbs though. The Kickstarter backer price is $890 which is way too rich for my blood but £500 and I'll probably get one. Hopefully they'll be able to get the manufacturing costs down.

This is the sort of thing that needs to be on Dragon's Den or Shark Tank. With a Dragon/Shark behind them they'll be able to probably cut that price in half without a problem.

Offline harv

« Reply #3853 on: February 09, 2018, 06:51:06 PM »
Got that weight limit wrong in my earlier post! It's actually a more impressive 330 lbs. And they're planning to do an XXL version next year. :o

Offline harv

« Reply #3854 on: February 18, 2018, 03:09:37 PM »
Oh shit. Things are going to start to get VERY real in Elite Dangerous real soon. The Thargoids have just attacked a space station in the Human Bubble. I'm gonna need a bigger boat! :o ;D ;D ;D 8)