https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: I want to purchase SL.  (Read 33938 times)

Offline captain_kush

• Administrator
Re: I want to purchase SL.
« Reply #150 on: June 13, 2019, 09:02:39 PM »
I have no idea why you guys seem able to play this game now because having just returned from a 30 day holiday, my BFF/babysitter informed me a week or so ago that she could no longer log in to the game to set up for me so I just tried about half hour ago and getting all kinds of error messages trying to get in from sundayleague.com so what's wrong I've no idea. I could try requesting a new password but the one I'm sure it is is in my saved passwords within Chrome so should be fine so why I'm having problems and you lot don't seem to be is beyond me. I guess I'll keep trying and see what happens.

Hey Nick, on the chat when you click on anyones name it takes you to their team page, when i click on yours it says :

'mancunian_nick' not in game. Has s/he resigned?

FYI

Thank you for that info. Just spoken to my babysitter who tells me for a week to 10 days they were able to log in then suddenly had problems. Kept getting error message trying to log in ... same ones I'm now getting but they didn't want to make it worse. If I try to get in from Sundayleague.com it says You specified your username or password incorrectly. Clicking back says Not Found
The requested URL /login.php was not found on this server. Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. Clicking lost password says This page isn’t working sundayleague.com is currently unable to handle this request. HTTP ERROR 500.

So it looks to me like the password file has totally corrupted and it can't find me for some reason ... went on my hols around 9th May so would have happened 7 to 10 days after that but unless anyone reading this can help me get back in before my team is deleted for not being used in which case I shall totally give up and leave, that looks like it's the end for me sadly after all this time. Nothing I can do. :(

Anyone got any bright ideas or can get hold of Junior please? Needs fixing the password file I'd suggest??

I had a problem today with my password not being recognised. It's happened before on a couple of other websites and usually (it might take a couple of go's at trying the refused password) a box comes up with "saved  log-ins/passwords" and that will work). Try it and see?

Nick, there is no way you will be able to log in. Your team has become a computer meaning your username has been deleted.
The only way to chase this would be to give a message to Junior, explaining what has happened and how this is not fair on your side. It's ridiculous to see a long serving SL manager like yourself losing their team for no reason at all. It really is a shambles and Junior should fix and clarify this immediately. If this happened to you, it could happen to any one of us.

There is no difference whether I send a message to Junior of you do. Junior will either reply or not and me sending any messages will not speed this process up.

I wish you the best of luck and I really hope Junior gives your team back.
Kushberry F.C & Purple Gelato
Forum Admin

Offline davef

« Reply #151 on: June 13, 2019, 09:31:39 PM »
My log-in just failed (fine this morning) but I was offered the "secret question" option which I answered and used my old password as the new one and it was accepted. Which means my old password must have ceased to exist.  Worrying.

Offline munkeespuzz

« Reply #152 on: June 13, 2019, 10:55:22 PM »
This whole Sundaylague thing has become a shambles through one persons laziness! Its all going to go offline soon guys.....i'd just give up bothering now.

Offline Cove

• Administrator
« Reply #153 on: June 13, 2019, 11:47:27 PM »
The game seems doomed to be honest. Last FL season, I couldnt believe that my team could finish in the top half. Seems that many aren't playing or aren't putting in the same effort anymore.

It's such a pity, this is a great game and could be a massive success with a little effort. there is nothing else out there like sundayleague
Rathpeacon

Offline davef

« Reply #154 on: June 14, 2019, 04:09:19 AM »
The game seems doomed to be honest. Last FL season, I couldnt believe that my team could finish in the top half. Seems that many aren't playing or aren't putting in the same effort anymore.

It's such a pity, this is a great game and could be a massive success with a little effort. there is nothing else out there like sundayleague

Thinking back 20 years or so and the amount of servers (I started on PTV and that had 3 servers on its own) so it WAS a massive success. It'd be nice to know what started the downward slide, finances? A flaw in the game? Errors in management?  It's becoming a sad monument to Terry's memory.

Offline Cove

• Administrator
« Reply #155 on: June 14, 2019, 10:01:21 AM »
I played for years on the Arsenal server and also the Esat server. The Esat server never took off, it was maybe 100 managers, a bit like Smokey is right now but the top managers from each server used to play there and experiment. The one day, there was an announcement that most servers were going to be closed. I quit and then a few years ago, I came across Sunday League again. My old username and password still worked so I started a new team.

I've really enjoyed coming back to Sunday League. In the 12 or 13 years that I was away, the game didnt change but it is still simple to play and good fun. It's a pity that it will probably all end very soon.
Rathpeacon

Offline Mancunian_Nick

« Reply #156 on: June 14, 2019, 04:10:34 PM »
Sad but true Cove ... I started on Eurostar and it's so long ago now I can't even remember the name of the server. It is a pity that it's likely to end soon ... with nobody to fix problems or support users, can't see where else it can go sadly. Oh well.
Tottenham Hotspur

Offline Gull

« Reply #157 on: September 14, 2022, 01:55:12 PM »
Interesting to have another look at this thread, 2019 where has the time gone? No surprise to see the same problems, same issues and same comments.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2022, 01:56:46 PM by Gull »

Offline Zeusfaber

• The Truth Is Out There
« Reply #158 on: September 14, 2022, 02:14:29 PM »
Very interesting indeed. Such a shame as it could have been on the cards but too much time has passed now and it's got worse... I'm not jumping the gun just because of the game freeze right now, but let's be honest this will not get any better it will only get worse.  :(
« Last Edit: September 14, 2022, 02:27:01 PM by Zeusfaber »
Kitsunegari FC
Memento Mori FC

Offline FreddyJnr

« Reply #159 on: September 14, 2022, 04:22:48 PM »
Such a shame this didn't happen.

It seems this game has just been left to die but I think if it was owned by one or a group of the active players, who were passionate about it - they could turn it into something great.

Is there any update on the situation?

West Town Utd (C7)

Offline Gull

« Reply #160 on: September 14, 2022, 04:25:33 PM »
Yeah pretty clear it won't get better.

Kush has stated Junior gets around £100 a month from SL, from the start of this thread to now that's £3,400 so not a bad little earner.

Atleast that's his energy bill sorted for a month  ;)

Offline deca

« Reply #161 on: September 14, 2022, 04:40:49 PM »
LOL Gull
Manager of Aston Villains & Cubana Villains

Offline deca

« Reply #162 on: September 14, 2022, 04:51:25 PM »
A management buy out would be great if it was possible,

Managed by the players, run by the players, and much needed updates from the skills within the consortium of players like Kush,

Wish this could happen, we could take this game to another level

Regards

Deca
Manager of Aston Villains & Cubana Villains

Offline stupac

« Reply #163 on: September 14, 2022, 05:39:02 PM »
With a bit of time and effort, the income for this game could be more like £3,400 a month. Think about just how many people used to play this game and buy credits.

Nobody I know has ever even heard of SL. (except the handful of friends who played it at school years ago, who would probably struggle to even remember it now)
An updated (reliable) website, with a bit of advertising could do wonders. But it seems the management would rather just pick up the odd £100 here and there. ::)
Arcadia Bay | FKA The One United

Offline FreddyJnr

« Reply #164 on: September 14, 2022, 07:14:52 PM »
totally agree with the two comments above.

He's never gonna make much more than £100pcm as it is and he clearly has no plan to grow it.

should we pool together and see if we can take it over?

West Town Utd (C7)