https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Sense Of Smell  (Read 5096 times)

Offline harv

Sense Of Smell
« on: May 27, 2012, 03:39:55 PM »
I've had problems with a blocked up nose since November 2008 and 90% of the time I haven't been able to smell anything. No idea what's causing it, doctor says it's an allergy to dust mite poo and has prescribed me some spray to squirt up each nostril but it's done bugger all despite trying 3 different sprays. So now I've just got used to the idea of only being able to smell 10% of the time.

But this started me thinking...if you could choose 1 smell as the only thing you'd be able to smell for the rest of your life, what would it be..?

For me it would be frying bacon, narrowly beating the smell of curry.

What about you lot..?
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Late

Re: Sense Of Smell
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 04:40:09 PM »
 You come up with some batty questions.

Fresh bread for me.
Honourable mentions to freshly cut grass, sizzling bacon, and the rain during a thunderstorm.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012, 05:06:07 PM »
Oi, you've taken that quote out of context :o

I was talking about JRPG characters lololol. Makes me sound like a sexual deviant :o :-\

Erm... ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline bealec

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2012, 07:53:45 PM »
Johnson's baby shampoo is one of my current favourite smells. Although it wouldn't be the one I'd choose that honour  goes to the smell of rain on a really hot day.

Offline harv

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2012, 07:55:34 PM »
I did myself a couple of bacon sarnies with my George Foreman Grill earlier and was a bit peed off that I couldn't smell the bacon cooking, that's the inspiration for the thread. 8)

Really annoying as it goes, for the best part of 4 years I haven't been able to taste a great deal. :'(

Offline jman

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2012, 08:18:26 PM »
Everyone likes the smell of their own ones!!

I love the smell of cherries and almonds, bakewell tarts send me to orgasmic heights

Plus this might be sad but I love the smell of a new computer game lol

LMAO at lates sig!!

Offline larry

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2012, 09:53:45 PM »
Surely if you cant smell anything, then you cant taste anything either?

Offline larry

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2012, 09:56:31 PM »
Has just read your final bit of reply 4 above :-[

;)

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2012, 10:19:00 PM »
I know someone who has no sense of smell whatsoever, they inherited that from their mum. It hasn't affected their sense of taste in the slightest. Although it could be argued that as they have had this since birth they wouldn't really know if their sense of taste has been impaired.

As for that one smell. I can't really think of one particular one. It's not something I;d ever given much thought to. There are so many nice smells. The smell of oranges, when you have just peeled one. Beautiful fresh citrus scent. Percolating coffee. Bacon. A new book (can't replace that smell with a kindle, though I'm sure they'll find a way lol). Far too many.

Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline styles

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2012, 10:28:18 PM »
new golf glove leather
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.