https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: When You Win The Lottery  (Read 5752 times)

Offline harv

When You Win The Lottery
« on: June 20, 2012, 07:28:05 PM »
What are you going to do..?

And, no, I don't want to hear boring bollocks like looking after your friends and family. Be a little adventurous for gawdsake!!! You're allowed to give 2 answers, one ridiculous and one sensible. 8)

I'm planning on buying a fair few storage tankers and water pumps. I'm then travelling of to Sweaty Sock Land to drain Loch Ness just to see if Nessie is real or not. 8)

Am also planning on buying a few greyhounds and race horses.

What will you lot do..?
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline bealec

Re: When You Win The Lottery
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 08:13:51 PM »
I'd try to be the first person to have a captive great white shark. Apparently it can't be done. Also I'd have a house that has slides instead of stairs and it will have a bouncy castle room.

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012, 08:50:16 PM »
The only way to keep a great white successfully wouldn't exactly be captivity but sort of semi captivity as you'd need such a big area. Mind you, with a very big win, the purchase of a small island and a substantial area of netting around the island to give the shark a good range, not to mention plenty of seals or other decent sized prey I'm sure it might be achieved.

The problem of keeping a great white in captivity has always been the size of the fish and their behaviour as they like a lot of room and can cover huge distances so they don't adapt well. They also mostly refuse to feed in captivity (it's normally frowned upon to give them live prey of substantial size (or even at all in most places)).

Reasonable sized juveniles have been kept in captivity for up to 6 months before being released. But none have been kept longer than that.

First job I ever wanted when I was young was marine biologist. Fascinated with sharks and marine life from watching Jacques Cousteau documentaries at an early age. One of my ambitions is to go diving with great whites. Sharks really fascinate me but they are also one of the things that scare the crap out of me. I'd probably confine myself to a shark cage if it came down to it.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline harv

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2012, 09:36:30 PM »
Love the shark idea. All you need is a constant stream of human beings to feed it on I reckon. Set up a Help The Homeless charidy (mate) and use that to feed the bugger. Start with London because we've got loads of the buggers over here and then move on to other big cities when you run out. Instant win! 8)
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline Late

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2012, 09:31:39 AM »
I'll have a large rental property portfolio.
Boring, I know, but it's where the real money is. Watch your money grow instead of seeing it dwindle away like most of the lottery mugs seem to.

First thing I'd do if I won the lottery would probably be to thank whomever bought me the ticket, though, since I no longer play. In the first twelve years or so I "invested" about £2k on the lottery, and in that time I won about 6 tenners, and never once got four numbers.
Haven't bought a ticket in about five years now.

Actually, I occasionally have a go when the Euro jackpot gets to around £100m. Be daft not to...  ;)
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline shellyboy100

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2012, 10:02:42 PM »
I'd buy a house on Elland Road in Leeds for the football, so I can go there before a matchday, get a decent night of kip, and then walk across the road to the match, without having to deal with the traffic on the way home.  ;)

I'd build 3 new dog centre's for dogs trust (I know you said not to mention this stuff, but its actually what I would do) as I already give a £5 a month, as I'm a Dog lover, wish I could give more...

I'd travel Europe, to see the top football teams in action, like Barcelona (already done this one, but I can go again XD), Real Madrid, and I'd finish the 92 club i'm working on...only 60 to go  ;D
South Shields

Offline harv

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2012, 10:16:53 PM »
You've both mentioned sensible things. That's boring. You're supposed to mention something sensible and something ridiculous...although some might consider buying a house in Leeds a bit daft, let alone Elland Road :P

Offline Late

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2012, 10:14:13 AM »
Fine. I'd buy a Nintendo Wii U.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2012, 07:42:40 AM »
I'd go down tesco and buy loads of diet coke... on offer OR NOT!!!  Fricking rebel me!  ;)

Offline Momo

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2012, 05:56:28 PM »
I'd spend it all on drugs and whores.

Second option could be donating it all to my favorite two charities..............drugdealersatyourservice.com and whorestwentyfourseven.org

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2012, 07:06:33 PM »
Hunt for a surviving member of Guy Fawkes family, extract DNA and after research and experimentation, clone Guy Fawkes and arm him with the tools to do the job properly.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline harv

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2012, 10:11:02 PM »
Great idea. I've always puzzled over why we celebrate about a failed attempt. :-\

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2012, 11:04:44 AM »
Ah but Britain loves to celebrate failure and then wallow in the misery while saying "there's always next year".

Offline Momo

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2012, 08:20:07 PM »
Cloning anarchists with a windfall, away ya pair'a helmets, give it to the whores.
You can blow up as many bawbags as you like, but these phlegmwads will (and make no mistake) replace them with total fannies.
So, whores and drugs.....trust me.