https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Pets..?  (Read 10404 times)

Offline harv

Pets..?
« on: September 07, 2012, 11:29:48 PM »
Have you got any..? What are they..? What are they called..?

Post pics! 8)

As some of you already know I've got two pussy cats. Georgie who I've had since she was a kitten, she's 4 years old next year. And Rufus Roughpaws who I adopted when my best mate tragically passed away just over a year ago. No idea how old he is, probably 15 or 16 I think.

Can't post pics at the mo cos my phone is buggered, bloomin USB socket isn't working properly. Getting a new phone this week so will post pics when I get it sorted.

Georgie is part silver tabby and part tortoise shell and Rufus is a bloomin great big Ginger Nut. Rufus has got Chronic Renal Disease and conjunctivitis unfortunately so I've probably only got a couple of years at most with the poor fellah :'( Going to attempt to put his eye drops in tomorrow...could be fun :-\ :o :P
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Dragontao

Re: Pets..?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 05:33:19 PM »
African Grey parrot - Charlie, and a recently aquired hamster called Chunky.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline harv

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2012, 06:55:11 PM »
Got any pics..?

And does the parrot talk..? :o Must have cost you a bomb!!! :o :o :o

Edit: Forgot to mention that I managed to bung in Rufus' eye drops earlier...he wasn't impressed, poor bugger lol ;D
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 07:58:44 PM by harv »
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2012, 11:31:29 PM »
Yeah he talks, he was rescued so didn't cost a lot, at least not to get, between 2003 and 2008 he cost me over £10000 in vets bills and associated costs because of a serious illness. Still has to have medical treatment every day.

Had him since 1986 he was about 3 or 4 then.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline harv

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2012, 11:36:20 PM »
You should teach him how to say 'show us your knickers' lol ;D

Offline Momo

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2012, 01:52:02 AM »
I just purchased a racing Yak, great pedigree to boot, big problem is Berkshire is not the best place for competition.
The other downside is when he farts half the coastline of Greenland disappears into the Atlantic.

Offline Late

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2012, 12:36:39 PM »
We've got a cat, called Shitbag.
The wife and kids insist he's called Biscuit, but they're wrong.

No pics to hand, cos I don't much like him. Mainly cos he brings us home a dead bird or mouse most nights. I know he means well and thinks I should be pleased and proud of him, but it's just gross. I say "dead" - usually it's dead or close, but fairly often he'll bring home a live one to play with. We almost always notice before we let him into the house, but once every year or two he'll get in with one. :(

We got him as a kitten about 5 years ago, so he's probably got a lot of years left.
Yay...  :-X
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2012, 03:02:26 PM »
The way to stop that is not to move it when he leaves it for you. When you move it the dozy fuckwit thinks you've eaten it so brings you another one lol. If you leave it where it is he'll think you're not interested and eat it himself. Once you do this a few times he won't bother doing it.

Offline Late

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2012, 03:18:56 PM »
Nope - he's left them off to the side of the door before, under a bench, with us not noticing for a day or two - by which point they're covered in maggots/flies. When he leaves them in plain sight he usually watches as they're swept out of the garden. That's assuming the kick up the arse is administered after we sweep away his "gift", rather than before.
When he does eat a whole one he often pukes it up again later. Oh aye, it's one delight or the other with this git.
Couldn't leave them by the front door anyway (actually, they're big glass french doors), as you'd see them all the time. I'd be permanently pissed off with him, and my front room would be perma-coated in vom...
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2012, 05:01:42 PM »
Blimey, that's unusual. They normally eat them if they think you're not eating them. Your puss is a weirdo lol ;D

Offline Late

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2012, 05:44:27 PM »
Tell me 'bout it. Useless bugger can't even meow. Just makes a stupid "eek" noise...

Offline bealec

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2012, 06:53:24 PM »
Can't have pets as my boy seems to be allergic to most domestic animal fur/saliva. Comes up in a stinging nettle type rash.

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2012, 06:55:35 PM »
Cats hunt because it's in their nature, even when they don't need to eat. Should be a law that they have to have bells on them.

One of the major reasons for the decline in a number of bird species, exacerbated by increased urbanisation and the spread of homes into the green belt.

Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike cats as such but there is far too much unregulated breeding and far too many now. Should also be a illegal to breed without a license and a legal requirement to have them neutered unless you are a licensed breeder.

I have always wanted to get myself an eagle owl to hunt the neighbourhood cats that come into my garden.

Offline harv

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2012, 07:53:34 PM »
Totally agree about cats being neutered. My mate that passed away last year regularly fed the feral cats at the back of our local but arranged to have the CPL catch and neuter them. They found most of them homes but the landlords of both pubs wanted them to keep a few out there because they started to get overrun with rats lol. :P

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2012, 08:54:29 PM »
You don't get overrun by rats because of a shortage of felines, but because of an overabundance of humans who provide far too much food for the rats. Once they start breeding and have gained a foothold you have a problem because, even if there is a shortage of food, they will eat their own young and they migrate to other areas. Creating as much of a problem for ground nesting birds as cats, and even tree nesting birds as they can climb very well to raid nests. Replacing rats with cats doesn't help birds.

I live next to an allotment, loads of cats around here (hence wanting the eagle owl) and their numbers are increasing, but we started to get an increase in rats when somebody got rid of the foxes that lived in the allotment. Not helped by idiots who put meat in their compost bins.