https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Official Records  (Read 31912 times)

Offline stupac

Re: Official Records
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2016, 03:17:25 PM »
I haven't seen anyone disrespecting you borg. I think you are taking this a bit too personal, which it's not. You do a great job of keeping the game going which we all appreciate I'm sure.
I remember when Lee or Terry used to start all the official tournaments, but were not competitive so didn't gain anything from being in every competition all the time.
It's just in the interest of fairness to all managers, not against you.
Arcadia Bay | FKA The One United

Offline garzoid

• Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2016, 04:25:55 PM »
And the winner of the massive stirring spoon is.....Ag!

Offline agadorspartacus

« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2016, 04:47:49 PM »
If I'm guilty of anything it's wanting fairness in this game. I don't think it's right for one Manager, be it The Borg, or Garzoid, or Deca or Steve to be starting all the Gold League Competitions and automatically gaining the advantage of Gold League training. The competitions can be posted centrally, by no Manager, then we all get the same chance to enter.

Also, can anybody point me to where it says on this site about the benefits of Gold League training. Where does it say it in black and white so all Managers can read it and then make the decision whether to enter these competitions or not 8)

Offline garzoid

• Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2016, 05:30:51 PM »
you just answered your own question, someone has to start the comps, I've done plenty and noticed no difference in training benefits etc, it's just to get the ball rolling. 

Offline Baggio

« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2016, 05:36:11 PM »
It doesn't matter in the long run...

The Farts are taking all the gold in due time..

;D

SL Hibernian

Offline agadorspartacus

« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2016, 06:29:56 PM »
you just answered your own question, someone has to start the comps, I've done plenty and noticed no difference in training benefits etc, it's just to get the ball rolling.

What I'm trying to say is that a person can start the competition without actually being in it. Official competitions like The World Cup, The Super Cup and The Beer Cup used to be all  started without the creator taking part. I believe this could be done for the Gold Cups. Why I am commenting on this subject now is that I did not know there was a training benefit for these competitions until recently. So your Team trains for League games, it also trains for friendlies when you pay for them. If your in a Gold League you get "three" training  sessions per day. Obviously this is beneficial to any Team. So if your in all of these Gold competitions the training effects on the team must be  useful. All I'm saying is we all get the same bite of the cherry. So when the Gold competitions are posted they are completely empty, with a full set of places  available to all managers. 8)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 07:04:45 PM by agadorspartacus »

Offline mihai

• UNIV. CRAIOVA
    • http://smokey.sundayleague.com/cgi-bin/sundayleague/teaminformation.pl?teamid=640
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2016, 05:39:06 AM »
If I'm guilty of anything it's wanting fairness in this game. I don't think it's right for one Manager, be it The Borg, or Garzoid, or Deca or Steve to be starting all the Gold League Competitions and automatically gaining the advantage of Gold League training. The competitions can be posted centrally, by no Manager, then we all get the same chance to enter.

Also, can anybody point me to where it says on this site about the benefits of Gold League training. Where does it say it in black and white so all Managers can read it and then make the decision whether to enter these competitions or not 8)

You gain training benefits from playing Gold league competitions only if you don't have any friendlies scheduled. So, if you have a friendly and a gold competition game in the same day you'll have just one training session that afternoon.

I don't like to quarrel with any of you, but I have to say I'm on Mr. Borg' side this time. He's doing a wonderful job and he doesn't gain any benefit from it, because he has to pay credits for creating those leagues. I don't think it's unfair to the others neither. Someone has to do it.

On the other hand I don't like private leagues like "Tune up league 2" filled with teams managed by the same user ... or am I wrong, Ag ?

please guys, let Borg doing his job.
Thank you for keeping SL more interesting and alive, Mr.Borg !
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 05:45:15 AM by mihai »

Offline agadorspartacus

« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2016, 09:28:48 AM »

You gain training benefits from playing Gold league competitions only if you don't have any friendlies scheduled. So, if you have a friendly and a gold competition game in the same day you'll have just one training session that afternoon.

I don't like to quarrel with any of you, but I have to say I'm on Mr. Borg' side this time. He's doing a wonderful job and he doesn't gain any benefit from it, because he has to pay credits for creating those leagues. I don't think it's unfair to the others neither. Someone has to do it.

On the other hand I don't like private leagues like "Tune up league 2" filled with teams managed by the same user ... or am I wrong, Ag ?

please guys, let Borg doing his job.
Thank you for keeping SL more interesting and alive, Mr.Borg !
[/quote

Hi Mihai, see your first paragraph. That is prime information that I think should be public knowledge on the Forum. Why didn't I know this? More importantly all Managers should know this. Now playing in Gold Leagues has been put into perspective. Either play friendlies or Gold Leagues but never both together for training purposes. The only important Gold League is the one at the end of the Season when your friendlies and therefore your extra training is going to stop. Maybe this Gold League could be expanded to more than eight teams.

I'm sorry that you see this as taking sides. I just want information in the public domain. I address it to the Borg as he is virtually running the game, and at the point I asked was running all the gold competitions. But that is sorted now.

Why don't you like The Tune Up League. As you said it's all filled up with my Teams. 8)

Offline The Borg

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2016, 03:30:00 PM »
Added - Spiteri's Floriana FC win their 4th Elite Cup.
We are The Borg. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

Offline The Borg

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2017, 01:04:21 PM »
Added - Borg's Fallen Giant Borg win their 1st Champions Shield.

Finally, my luck has changed in that frustrating competition.

Offline bigdealdave

« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2017, 01:27:07 PM »
Added - Borg's Fallen Giant Borg win their 1st Champions Shield.

Finally, my luck has changed in that frustrating competition.

Even back in the day i never made a final, and its proven elusive thusfar on my return, hopefully next season tho  ;)
The Flashhearts
Madbastid United

Offline The Borg

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2017, 07:09:13 PM »
Added - Marv's Old Fullerians AFC win their 1st Official Wino Cup.

Offline The Borg

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2017, 10:48:25 PM »
Added - Fallen Giant Borg win their 7th Official Cider League.

Offline The Borg

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2017, 03:57:35 PM »
Added - Richff's Super Imps win their 12th Official Gold League.

I have always clean up the tables abit. Some number re-alignment.

Will restart the Official Gold League later tonight. Going to leave it a few hours so it gives other managers chance to see the final standings.

Offline The Borg

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2017, 05:21:15 PM »
Added - Richff's Super Imps win their 2nd Official Server Cup.