https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: What you would like to see for the future of SL1  (Read 23999 times)

Offline deca

Re: What you would like to see for the future of SL1
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2017, 06:09:26 PM »
I knew from years ago about the platform issue, would be great to get the game as it is in the new platform format first before any development, that way we can test and iron out any bugs. Then the game can really be developed going forward, and attract back the managers that migrated to SL2 maybe?

Maybe rename "Sunday League World" a future development could be to introduce European leagues in different countries, grow the game....

First of all, this is great news that our beloved SL1 is going to be developed.

There will be lots of ideas, wish lists, etc. but to know that SL1 is going to be developed is more than enough for me.

I remember in the early days that updates were introduced and trialled before going live. Just little updates every so often to keep the game up to date would be great.

There are a lot of managers who like me have been involved and staid loyal with SL1 for many years. So the news of development will be music to our ears.

The game can be developed gradually, keeping the simplicity of the game at the forefront, not changing completely overnight, we don’t need any magic mars-bars, or mushrooms either J

The big appeal about SL1 is the simplicity and ease of play, with little time needed to be invested to compete.

My Suggestions for improvement: some will be easy to incorporate.

Match engine  tweaked every so often, as it used to be.

Christmas break introduced so we don’t have to set up on Christmas eve, day, new year’s day, etc.

Improved transfer market, with the ability to sell players, bidding process from other managers interested in buying.

Not sure whether  a true pyramid league system would be achievable, but maybe have a champions league cup built in for the 8 X-1-1 winners at the end of each season.

Integrate FL1 to FL4 as part of the game, and make an official cup like i.e. the elite cup, champions shield, or inter-conference cup.

Replace the manager table with the official ranking tables, incorporate the rankings as part of the game ( will save me a lot of work J :)

To attract new players, show the current top ranked players on the log on & register screen. This used to be done many years ago.

Have an advertising campaign to attract new players. Help. Tips, and guidance section for newbies.

Increase the number of players so a reserve or youth team league can be set up.

Ability to watch matches, nothing fancy ( I never got to see what this was like in SL2 )

These are but a few I can think of that would improve the game significantly

Cheers

Deca

« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 06:14:20 PM by deca »
Manager of Aston Villains & Cubana Villains

Offline bigdealdave

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2017, 06:13:26 PM »
If we really would have to move to a new server to further the game then so be it. But it needs to be this game. We want SL1 exactly as it is now just with a few tweaks and minor changes. The game itself is perfect as it is.

As David mentioned I'm sure we would all like to be assured that we would keep our teams exactly as they are if or whenever it happened. Also I'd like to carry over our team history pages, and for those that have it, our extended team history pages.

All the features mentioned by Junior are not of interest to me. I don't want SL2 or even to meet in between with SL1.5.
The match analysis could be useful for those strange games we can't explain. But that and the live chat are the only things from SL2 I'd be happy with.

If SL1 has to be rebuilt in a newer system then ok. But I'd like to see this version remain open in case it all went tits up and we lost everything or it turned out to be another SL2. We've been there before and lost a lot of managers because of it.

I pretty much echo everything Stu is saying. All good points well made
The Flashhearts
Madbastid United

Offline The Borg

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2017, 07:26:39 PM »
I posed David's question to junior and got the following reply

You would take everything - team and history that's the minimum or it's not worth going down that road at all. (I don't think I could ask everyone to start again - it's too painful to even contemplate)

What I'm saying is that the core of SL1 would be practically the same. (same teams, same main competitions and you'd be placed in the same competitions / league in the 'update')
The update would then allow for some scope for some essential (and some not essential additions).

eg. easier competition creation and management, match replay and analysis update. ability to put in quality of life updates to the game.
We are The Borg. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

Offline The Borg

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2017, 07:45:39 PM »
Thanks for the responses. I won't compile anything just yet as we need to make sure we all say what we want. Try to come to some consensus. I have spoke with Junior a little I'm not holding anything back. You get what I get. I have reiterated to Junior by keeping SL1 SL1. Nothin of this stuff he speaks of on SL2. If we wanted that we'd play that game.

These are my thoughts:
First and foremost what I thinking needs adding is a guide for new users. That is essential IMO. Theres one thing getting new managers but we need to keep them. There is just nothing on this game that helps a newbie.

Get rid of the TM basic player info. This is where some managers go wrong. Why have we got that?? Its useless. Just causes confusion for newbies.

Gelling needs fixing or scrapping one of the 2.

Accepting friendly bug needs sorting if it hasn't already.

Feedback needs to be working. I must admit I don't use it but if I remember correctly its erractic at best.

Would love to see the TCL part of the game. And Decas rankings to replace the managers table personally. SL2 has the League Cup integrated into the game that could be the Server cup.

Keep the discussion coming.
We are The Borg. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

Offline davidvangaal

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2017, 07:53:23 PM »
I posed David's question to junior and got the following reply

You would take everything - team and history that's the minimum or it's not worth going down that road at all. (I don't think I could ask everyone to start again - it's too painful to even contemplate)

What I'm saying is that the core of SL1 would be practically the same. (same teams, same main competitions and you'd be placed in the same competitions / league in the 'update')
The update would then allow for some scope for some essential (and some not essential additions).

eg. easier competition creation and management, match replay and analysis update. ability to put in quality of life updates to the game.

That's very good.  Much appreciated and thanks.  Pass on to Junior too, if you like. 
DAVID VG

DVG Stars
Westeros XI

Offline davidvangaal

« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2017, 08:09:42 PM »
CL as part of the game would be superb., with leagues for the group stages and then knock out as its organised unofficially on here .   Effectively gives us a complete pyramid and gives more teams  the opportunity to reach the pinnacle each season than having a top league into which you are promoted would.

Also agree that it would be great for Deca's stats to be incorporated officially. 

FL, I am not sure about.  For me its Steve's commentary that makes this so great. Also,  if  it became an official part of the game I'm not sure how it would work..  Wouldn't it just be like an additional conference that we could enter as well as our main conference and played in the afternoon?  All teams must start in the lowest division and work themselves sup.  Maybe. But teams leaving might spoil it.  At the moment the organisers use discretion to shuffle teams around when need be. I don't know if that could be put into code.  We wouldn't want to end up with computer teams in the FL after people leave or more than one team per manager.   Seems very complicated and requires dedicated management to me....which is why its so good as it is.  Friendly in name only, too.  :)   
DAVID VG

DVG Stars
Westeros XI

Offline shellyboy100

« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2017, 08:17:10 PM »
I'm going to add my two cents, some have already been mentioned some things I agree with and others I don't. Other things I'm adding on here are new too.

What I'd Like To See Added

The Runners-Up Cup Return - This was a great tournament back in the GamerTV days of Sunday League, it has exactly the same format as The Champions Shield, but for people who have finished 2nd of course.

X-1-1's Winners To Get 5000 Credits For Winning The League - We all know it is a big achievement doing this, it deserves a bigger reward.

Be Able To Restart Private Leagues - We used to be able to do this before, but then it stopped all of a sudden. I feel history pages look messy with all them 1's for Winners and Runner-Up, and it would be pretty cool to show you won some PL's a couple of times. Maybe let the organizer of the PL have a "Restart" option for like 5 days after it ends to get it going again.

Top 4 Of An X-1-1 To Automatically Be Put In A Champions League Style Tournament - This has already been mentioned a few times on here, so I won't go into detail.

Automatic Conference Cups - I think it would be cool to set up conference cups for all the teams in the Premier Region of each conference. Automatically putting them in a 64 team knockout tournament, and sort of a reward for not sitting in the lower leagues, you automatically get put in a cup  ;).

Help Manual For Newbies & Advertising - Another one that has been mentioned on here, so I think I'll leave it here.

Side Chat - Probably one of the few things I want from SL2, is the chat on the side of the screen when you're logged in doing tactics etc. It's great for banter, and helps create a better community.

3 Subs Bug - 3 Subs never happen at the start of the match in real football, so I don't see why we should have it on here?

Newbie Cup - The last thing I want from SL2 is The Newbie Cup, maybe only have managers who have signed up in The Last 3 Months play in this cup? That way they can win something when they first get here to keep there interest, after the 3 months is up, they don't get the change to play it.

Keep The 47 Day Season - I like how fast paced Sunday League is, I never get sick of waiting for a game, as I'm usually always less than 12 hours away from one. I know SL2 does only 3 league games a week and I DONT want that here, it's too slow paced, and every other game is like that on the internet too, this makes Sunday League pretty unique in my opinion.

What I Don't Want To See

Equipment - Funky Gloves, and Weird Chocolate Bars can all stay on SL2 as far as I'm concerned. I think we are all agreed on that anyway though.

Live Friendlies - I think this is on SL2 and they get like 4 training sessions if they do 4 of these a day. I think if we do that here, the game becomes all about the money, and I can see this demoralizing a few managers.

One Top League - If we do this, we lose the ICC, The Champions League Style Format Tournament for the top 8 conferences, and it hugely drops the value of winning The Champions Shield, as 15 top teams won't be competing in it. We have a Friendly League that sorts out the problem of the top league, this is a big one for me, I could see myself losing intrest in the game if this one happened. Keep the 8 conferences.  :)

Selling Players - Remember the name of the game, Sunday League. When is the last time anyone heard of a Sunday League team selling a player? For me, never.

Reserve and Youth Teams - Again, the name of the game is Sunday League. For me, Sunday League teams don't have Reserve Teams and Youth Teams, I feel like it would get too much to manage too.

Like i just said though, just my 2 cents, I'm sure some people will disagree with me too.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 08:24:33 PM by shellyboy100 »
South Shields

Offline Wizard

« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2017, 08:35:29 PM »
Wholeheartedly agree with each and every one of your comments, Shelleyboy! Excellent suggestions!
Menagerie
7-1-1

Offline shellyboy100

« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2017, 08:40:41 PM »
Cheers Wizard! :)
South Shields

Offline touchnplay

• Joe - Touchnplay Manager
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2017, 08:46:26 PM »
Nailed that Shelly totally agree with everything you've said mate

Offline superj

« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2017, 09:31:24 PM »
Totally agree with Shellyboys stuff that is not needed in the game.

I don't agree with all the numerous cups people are suggesting, there is no need need for many more major cups, otherwise they wouldn't be major trophies if there was so many of them, I do agree with making the champions league official though
Brazilian Piggys

Offline Baggio

« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2017, 10:51:55 PM »
The point about keeping the 8 conferences is a great one also imo, as Shelly said FL1 decides the best of the best anyway :)

I don't think junior will go far wrong if he listens to what the managers would like and adapts the game to the ideas most of us agree on.

SL Hibernian

Offline mr_cobra

« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2017, 12:37:53 AM »
I left SL for a long time & only recently came back.
The simplicity of SL1 is what I and so many people love.

Was a facinating read from some of you with your in depth views and I must say I agree with a lot of what has been suggested.

A MUST is a Guide for new managers so this game can retain managers and not lose them, advertising, tweaks to the match engine.

Is there a need for all of the advanced tactics that I for one don’t personally use?
I’m thinking ones like if 2 or 3 men up or down in the match..

Maybe a different way training styles can benefit your team not just jogging and corners rotation.

I don’t want to repeat stuff already said as just wanted to get a couple of points out there for discussion.

Mr C
Ocean City Orioles - C1
Arsenals Invincibles  - C4
London Heat Colts - C6
The Wizard of Ozil - C7

Offline davidvangaal

« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2017, 10:00:56 AM »
I completely agree with Shelly, too.  On both the wants and don't wants.
DAVID VG

DVG Stars
Westeros XI

Offline herbie88

« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2017, 11:12:20 AM »
Restarting cup competitions is brilliant, how much better would history pages if you just saw FL1 once for example?