https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: What you would like to see for the future of SL1  (Read 23998 times)

Offline munkeespuzz

Re: What you would like to see for the future of SL1
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2017, 02:07:24 PM »
Some great points put across here. Great feedback lads and exactly the kind of points I was expecting.
On a personal note, I love both current versions of SL and if I'm honest I only went over to SL2 when it first started to beta test it and see what Terry was creating. At first I hated all the gimmicky kit ideas and I still loathe the firm cup part of the game to this day. However I still find it very easy and quick to play much the same as the old version was. This version really does need to move to a new platform to make it stand up to other games and more fluent for new users. However I would echo exactly what most are saying about keeping it the same and not over elaborating game development. SL1 has kept its core fan base and I'm fearful if it's changed too much we might lose many users which could be catastrophic for Catgames going forward.

Offline The Borg

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2017, 07:56:57 PM »
Agreed. Fantastic feedback and Echo Ty's comment about SL1. Not spoken to Junior today but as I said previously in here I have reiterated to him about SL1 being SL1. That is why we play this version. If we wanted the firms, energy bars, live friendlies we know where to go and it aint on here.

I'll go through this thread and the wish list thread and compile a list etc. Before I send it to Junior I will post it in here and you can give thoughts if you think that is right or wrong. If we really want that or not. And what we don't want to see as I believe that needs to be made clear.
We are The Borg. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

Offline The Borg

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2017, 09:38:09 PM »
Dear Junior,

Had some great feedback and discussion from the community of SL1 and we have drafted a list of what we'd like to see and not see on SL1 on the new platform.

what we would like to see on the new SL1 -

- A step by step help guide for new users. One of the biggest flaws on SL1 is new managers joining putting together a team getting smashed as they don't know what there doing. getting peed off and quitting. Some form of guidance need adding. We don't want to see any levelling up tutorial. We are talking just a straight help guide so new managers know the basics of the game.

- SL1 to have its own login page/Be top of the login page. SL1 is currently the lead game.it has the biggest user fan base being tucked down in the corner has starved us of new users. luckily we have kept a good core which has kept the game kicking along all this time.

- Committed customer service/feedback working. the amount of messages I hear of that get bounced back or unanswered is scary.

- Very slight tweaks to the match engine every so often. To which we can adjust with using the match analysis.  Currently we have a thing where people can use 3 subs at KO or 15mins and this bug gives an advantage. This needs working into btw and whatever advantage it gives needs removing

- Forum integrated back into the game. This will improve the community.

- Return of cheaper credit options. Make the game open to all ages. Some people may not have use of a card. There used to be an option as little as £1.50 to text for credits.

- Slight change in player ratio on transfer market.. For example half the midfielders on the transfer market are defensive midfielders which are used by only a handful of managers.

- Fix gelling. Gelling doesn't work properly. it's erratic. It either needs fixing properly so you get the gelling for all the games you play or removed.

- Slightly larger squad. We are not talking 45 players like SL2. just a few more players 22-24.

- Larger prizes for x-1-1 winners. 5000cr for winning top league.

- Integrated christmas break. Doesn't need to be to long just a short break over the christmas break integrated into the game.

- Restart of private leagues Restarting of private leagues will help clean up history pages and collate winner runner up information together.

- Each conference to have its own cup To run alongside the league campaign each conference to have its own cup.

- The Champions League integrated into the game on SL1 we run a champions league where 1st to 4th qualify for a Champions League style competition. 8 groups of 4. Seeded so each group has a 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th finisher in their group. Top 2 qualify for a KO.

- Decas ranking system to replace the managers table. This gives a better overal picture of where your team stands

- Live chat from SL2

- Match analysis from SL2

- League Cup competition from SL2 Renamed honouring Terry Ricketts involving all managers on the game automatically entered

What we don't want to see on SL1 from SL2

Please keep SL1 as SL1. we play the game for it's simplicity and don't want to see the gimmicks that SL2 has to offer. If we wanted them we could just play SL2. SL1 has a loyal fan base who have stuck with the game despite SL2 coming out for a reason. what we don't want to see is

- Goalie Gloves and Energy Bars

- Levelling up system which makes the game unplayable. Everything should be unlocked.

- Firms and Live friendlies Keep friendlies as they are and how we get training benefit.

- 1 League pyramid. keep our 9 conferences as they are. Games frequent. not just 3 a week.

please let us know what you think
Nathan
Borg

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Please give me honest feedback on this as it's open to ALL to discuss. Be brutal. It's not just my decision its all of ours. What we want to see and not see. Things can be changed added taken off. i have tried to add as many points people have brought up that have been said more than once.

While writing this I have thought of a few ideas of my own -

- Talking about the TCL being integrated into the game. Why not get the TCL to take over the inter conference cup. 1-4 go into the TCL 5-8 go into the europa league. Same grouping system and KO. each competition has a winner. Gold Cup  and credit prize. Winner of each comp then play eachother In a super cup for another gold cup?

- Take the training benefit away from the official competitions

- Scrap the Elite cup unless it can be done via Decas ranking system TOP 64 managers on the game. If scrapped give everybody 1 night off a week.

please give me your opinions
also if you have thought of anything else get it stuck in here.
We are The Borg. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

Offline superj

« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2017, 09:43:43 PM »
Totally agree with every word Borg, not so sure about the larger squad sizes but I think what you have there is perfect
Brazilian Piggys

Offline mr_cobra

« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2017, 09:51:50 PM »
Happy with all that Mr Borg.  8)
Ocean City Orioles - C1
Arsenals Invincibles  - C4
London Heat Colts - C6
The Wizard of Ozil - C7

Online shellyboy100

« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2017, 09:58:39 PM »
I'd agree with Jason on the larger squad sizes...it's 4 more players we gotta buy potentially, it's only going to hit our wallets more.
South Shields

Offline Jt21

« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2017, 10:09:12 PM »
Agree with pretty much all of that Borg i think the opportunity to switch between two formations by just a ‘one click’ would be a good improvement especially if the squad size is to go up.i certainly wouldn’t want the elite cup scrapped though. Me personally I value winning a ’major’ as the pinnacle prize on the game I think the three majors should be kept as they are and the fl and tcl to run alongside them.

Offline Jt21

« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2017, 10:13:46 PM »
Also the promotion of the game really should and could quite easily be a lot better. We shouldn’t be playing against 3/4 computer teams in a Top league the Top 1 or 2 leagues in each conference should be full of human players. I know some of that is down to managers getting to the Top league then bottling it and taking a easy life in a lower league but with a little bit of promotion it could attract so many more players.

Offline deca

« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2017, 11:09:22 PM »
Great Stuff Borg

Would be nice if we could have the option to save line ups for i.e. 4-5-1, 5-3-2 then just change by selecting either saved line up.

Line ups saved would also have saved advanced tactics

Cheers

Deca
Manager of Aston Villains & Cubana Villains

Offline munkeespuzz

« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2017, 11:32:37 PM »
Maybe you guys could set up a poll on the forum? Set parameters for what you would want to see if SL 1 was moved onto a new platform? Make it easy for junior to see what you all want to move forward?

Offline touchnplay

• Joe - Touchnplay Manager
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2017, 11:58:20 PM »
Great stuff Borg summed everything up really well there, a few final points I'm going to throw out there just to consider:

Thought this was a really good point regarding the 3 subs:

As far as the 3 sub things is concerned I don't think its really a bug.  I think the advantage of making the 3 subs comes about because this prevents the match engine from subbing players into incorrect positions during the game due to injury. When you combine this with the fact that players in the wrong position are heavily penalised by the match engine then you get an advantage by making the early sub.  The other factor is that players who are injured and can't be subbed do not suffer  the performance drop that perhaps they should.

I originally wrote in my wish list that the sub rule should go, however, if David is right and the advantage gained is only to stop the match engine subbing injured players off and putting a player out of position in their place which will result in the team with the injured player being penalised then we should consider leaving it as it is. Can you imagine someone goes psycho on you for 15 minutes injures 2 of your players changes back and then your screwed.

Clarification please?

Conference/SL Cups

This may sound a bit strange seeing as I love the idea of them and have organised one for my conference. But I think this should be only entered by either the human managers or the x-1-1 to 4. At this moment in time if we were to run a system organised conference cup then there would be a lot of computer games. We could run our own until more managers join - creates banter on the forum as well?

Elite Cup/ Champions Shield/ICC should stay add the Champions League/Europa in as a fixed cup to be run in the afternoon - Add runners up cup to run same day a champions shield games

Squad Sizes

I think there should be a vote on this and could be rolled out at a later date. I like the idea of having the option of adding a def/att midfielder or att full backs to my squad. But again its more money for people to be competitive (potentially up to 40 quid more) and part of the fun I guess is you come across managers who try different formations. The more I think about it I'm not sure if it would be good, as those road signs say '20 is plenty

Everything else spot on !!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 12:09:15 AM by touchnplay »

Offline stupac

« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2017, 12:11:14 AM »
I agree with most of what you have said Borg.

The main thing I think you have missed is the need to advertise the game. No point having it's own site or being on top of the current site if people don't know it's here. A tutorial for noobs is only useful if we are attracting noobs to the game  ;)

I don't think that the ranking system should replace the seasonal managers table, but have them running alongside each other would be good. The managers table shows who have been the best teams in any given season and it could take years for new teams to place on the ranking system which could be very demoralising. Another section on the drop down menu on the managers tables of 'all time top teams' with Decas rankings.

I like the idea of changing the Inter Conference Cup to a Champions League/Europa League style tournament with a Super Cup at the end.
However I strongly disagree with scrapping the Elite Cup.

Also disagree with taking away training benefits from the official leagues, unless there is a cheaper way of training introduced.

Speaking of training, regardless of whether you are a member or not, i would like to be able to see how my team is developing on the training page. Which you can't do unless you are a member.

I also think the squad size of 20 is fine.
Arcadia Bay | FKA The One United

Offline davef

« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2017, 03:06:11 PM »
Great Stuff Borg

Would be nice if we could have the option to save line ups for i.e. 4-5-1, 5-3-2 then just change by selecting either saved line up.

Line ups saved would also have saved advanced tactics

Cheers

Deca

In a sense, you can?

I just pick the last couple or so Friendlies and set them up with different tactics, players and ATs then I can go to any one, apply it to all games, confirm it on the matchday page and so on. Best not done when tired though  ;D

I'm also gonna keep pushing for rewards of some kind (credits or a cup) for the higher-finishing mid-table teams EG 2-4, 2-6? . In the long-term they are the ones who will keep the game going while the "elite" compete for the trophies and prizes. It would help keep many more players interested and also provide incentives for newcomers learning or still building teams. Call it a dose of instant gratification as an incentiviser and encourager  :)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 03:15:55 PM by davef »

Offline davidvangaal

« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2017, 04:57:20 PM »

I just pick the last couple or so Friendlies and set them up with different tactics, players and ATs then I can go to any one, apply it to all games, confirm it on the matchday page and so on. Best not done when tired though  ;D

What a great idea.  Thanks  :)
DAVID VG

DVG Stars
Westeros XI

Offline davidvangaal

« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2017, 06:27:48 PM »
Oh dear me.

You're right.  Don't ever do this when you're tired and you have a Runcible Spoon match and a FL1 match on the same afternoon.  What a mess!  I wish I had never read this. 
0-15 in FL1 and 0-15 in Champions League because.  Noooooo!  :(

Please can we have the  option to save line ups instead.   :P
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 06:50:14 PM by davidvangaal »
DAVID VG

DVG Stars
Westeros XI