https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Phobias  (Read 3835 times)

Offline harv

Phobias
« on: April 04, 2013, 10:55:19 PM »
Have you got any..?

I've got 2, syringes (and I'm supposed to have 3 injections per day!) and bees/wasps.

I'm also a bit wobbly with heights, but only if there's any danger of me falling down.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Dragontao

Re: Phobias
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 01:02:07 AM »
Mildly claustrophobic. Only really affects me in very small spaces. For instance, no way I could go pot-holing and crawl through some of those ridiculously tight spaces they get through.

Apart from that, nothing really. I;ve a few things I don't particularly like, but not phibic about them.

Clown phobias always make me laugh. What is it about them that scares people? There's a bloke I work with who is terrified of them. No wonder so many horror writers have clowns in various tales.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 01:12:06 AM »
I used to get quite anxious near very tall buildings as a kid, but I'm not really afraid of heights. I eventually learned this was called batophobia, and that it wasn't just me. ;D Luckily I grew out of it.

Offline harv

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 05:28:31 AM »
Clown phobias are hilarious lol. I've always thought them to be pretty cool myself.

One of my mates who I haven't seen for a few years is literally a textbook psychopath. It's a term that's always bandied about by everyone but this guy is the real deal. We call him Big Dave because he's 6 foot and 4 inches tall. He had to leave the country because he used to be a doorman and also did the security at Millwall. He got sacked from Millwall after some scrote slashed a girl's eye with a razor blade and he lost it. Decked him and dug the guy's eye out with his thumb and tried bursting the eyeball whilst it was dangling from its optic nerve :o He was facing charges for that as well as future charges along with another couple of doormen who beat someone into a coma. :-\ After the latter incident he did a runner a bit sharpish and went to Australia.

And what scares this nutcase..? Frogs lololol ;D ;D ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Late

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2013, 10:42:47 AM »
Clowns.
Spiders.
Most physical deformities.
Dwarves.
Dried toothpaste.
Those cotton wool buds on sticks (I believe the yanks call them q-tips).

You think I'm joking, but I'm genuinely scared of all of the above.
Can work through my fear on the latter three. Can speak to a dwarf, can clean up crusty toothpaste, and can use cotton buds - but I feel lightheaded/sick and get a proper sweat on when I do.
Will likely get violent if you try coming near me with one of the top three though.

I know they're stupid fears, you don't need to tell me.
But that's what makes it a phobia, isn't it...
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2013, 10:12:19 PM »
Clowns.
Spiders.
Most physical deformities.
Dwarves.
Dried toothpaste.
Those cotton wool buds on sticks (I believe the yanks call them q-tips).

You think I'm joking, but I'm genuinely scared of all of the above.

You big Northern poof.  :P
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.