https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 681516 times)

Offline Late

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #2775 on: May 29, 2014, 01:20:47 PM »
Battlefield 3 is currently free to download (pc, Origin), for the next few days.
Offer ends 3rd June.

origin
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #2776 on: May 29, 2014, 08:03:05 PM »
100%ed wolfy  ;D Didn't take long, think I'll sell it along with south park and pick up either kinect sports or zoo tycoon

Offline Late

« Reply #2777 on: May 29, 2014, 10:44:38 PM »
Anyone interested in game design might want to check out the latest Humble Bundle.

hukd
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #2778 on: May 30, 2014, 06:20:28 PM »
Have set up my telly and it's fantastic. ;D Mario Kart 8 looks amazing :o ;D

Am ready for the football now. People have complained about the sound being tinny but it's fine once you fiddle around with the EQ. Have found the right setting so that I can use my GamePad as my remote control and unlike my InspiRED 37" it gives you an extra button on the GamePad screen to access the EPG, not sure why my InspiRED one only gave me Volume up and down and channel up and down.

Very happy with my purchase, it's like having a cinema in my bedroom lol 8)
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline harv

« Reply #2779 on: June 01, 2014, 04:17:37 PM »

Who would have thought that Luigi was such an evil fucker..?!!?!? :o ;D :o

That stare is going to give me nightmares lmfao ;D ;D ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline jman

« Reply #2780 on: June 02, 2014, 06:54:08 AM »
Back on trials over the weekend... played for a few hours last night... managed to post a time on the first 4 levels on the last track.. fucking hell some of them are hard, especially the 2nd one... I don't know why but I find myself holding the controller really tightly playing it.. woke up this morning and my bloody hands are aching like a bitch..  ;D ;D

Just got to post a time on Inferno IV now - my last track without a medal.. and the one with the achievement, but its bloody tough.. there's one bit I just cant figure out how to do it.  There's absolutely no way I'm getting the achievement for doing ALL the track challenges - if it excluded the last 2 events then maybe...

Edit : Actually I've just found there's a glitch to the hardest achievement in Trials.. I think if I finish all the other achievements off then I might go ahead with using it just to 100% the game..
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 10:04:22 AM by jman »

Offline Late

« Reply #2781 on: June 02, 2014, 10:05:41 AM »
I hope to go back to Trials at some point.
I definitely need to have a proper look at the Extreme levels. I only tried the first two of them. I must've spent well over an hour trying the second one, without completing it - might've even been over two hours. Gave up after that, and didn't look at the other Extremes.
Need to improve a few of my scores on other levels, too, as well as finish some of the challenges - about half of which are probably done.

Wish I had a USB 3.0 HDD kicking around.
I got the June update (on preview) a few days ago. Ordinarily I don't think I'd be much interested in the option to use external storage. But I should be getting my replacement console some time in the next week, and it'd be bloody handy to transfer all of my games etc. over to external media rather than having to re-download everything.

As announced a couple of weeks back, there'll be 5 games on Games With Gold this month.
"Dark Souls" is available on xbox 360 now. (I've "bought" it for free from the website but haven't downloaded it to my console yet.) I think I have Dark Souls still in it's cellophane, on the shelf.
"Charlie Murder" and "Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition" will both be available for free on the 360 in the second half of the month.

"Max: The Curse of Brotherhood" and "Halo: Spartan Assault" will both be available for free on Xbox One this month, but no details yet on the date. Rumour has it, it'll be around the 24th of June, but it's nothing more than rumour.
Was hoping it might be available when the June firmware update is installed, so people on the Preview program might get it early - but I had a look yesterday and Max was still showing as £11.99 on the console's marketplace. :(

Offline jman

« Reply #2782 on: June 02, 2014, 10:28:16 AM »
The 1st extreme level - I did that in one go.. think there's only one tough jump.

The 2nd extreme level - I definitely found the hardest.. right near the end there are 3 fucking insane jumps to do.

The 3rd one - has 2 difficult jumps, but none of those jumps as hard as the 2nd level ones..

The 4th one - hardest jump comes straight away, followed by a slightly less difficult jump, the rest of the course is fairly simple compared.

You can use a 2.0 HDD with the Xb1 cant you ?  Also if you do have trouble locating a HDD at all, you can at least save your game saves to the cloud - you would have to reinstall everything though.

Offline Late

« Reply #2783 on: June 02, 2014, 11:09:22 AM »
No, I'm pretty sure external storage is limited to 3.0 USB drives (with a minimum of 250gb).

Will definitely look into transferring my save data to the cloud.

Offline harv

« Reply #2784 on: June 02, 2014, 01:26:46 PM »
If it has a USB 3.0 port you should be able to use a 2.0 drive, unless Microsoft have done something daft with the software. The hardware is backwards compatible at any rate. You should be able to find a 500GB USB 3.0 hard drive for around £30-40, although given the daft compulsory installs for the system that the PS4 is also plagued with you'll be better off with a 2TB or 4TB one.

Offline Late

« Reply #2785 on: June 02, 2014, 02:15:32 PM »
Microsoft announced that they're only supporting USB 3.0 drives, but I've not tested it.

I suppose it's possible that USB 2.0 drives might work but be too slow for gameplay. If that's the case that'd do me just fine, as a means of transferring my games (rather than re-downloading approx 300gb).

In loosely related news - I hear some folk are reporting load times are reduced when using an external HDD.
One guy with two Xbox Ones (flash bugger) set them both up to play a certain level of Ryse - one using internal HDD, one using external. The internal one took 1m 1s to load. The external one took 45s to load.
Getting past the fact we have load times at all (come on, Microsoft/Sony - shouldn't we have seen the back of those by now?!), that's quite an improvement. If true.

Offline harv

« Reply #2786 on: June 02, 2014, 04:45:55 PM »
Yup, saw the same thing mentioned on Gaf. Probably means that Microsoft have used cheapo internal drives for the thing to keep unit costs down. Both the PS4 and One having just 500GB internal hard drives is also an indication of cutting costs. With large mandatory installs for each console I was expecting 1TB drives for each console.

Offline Late

« Reply #2787 on: June 03, 2014, 03:47:08 PM »
"LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham" has been announced for early Q3 this year (so around July/August).
Nice :D
That's two Batman games I'll likely be buying in that quarter (Arkham Knight is supposed to be late Q3, so around September - though there's rumours it might be delayed into Q4).

youtube

Arkham Knight has now been pushed from October to "2015" (nothing more specific than that has been mentioned). :(

Offline harv

« Reply #2788 on: June 03, 2014, 05:03:37 PM »
Bloody hell, that's a shitload of games for the PS4 and One getting delayed until next year :o

A right pain in the arse for me personally because I was hoping a few of those would be available as cheap as chips by the time I get my PS4 next year >:(

Offline harv

« Reply #2789 on: June 03, 2014, 11:33:26 PM »
A system update for the Wii U has given a nice Quick Start menu when you press the power or Home buttons on the GamePad. It displays the most frequently used games and applications so that you can press the icons to start one of them after it has booted up. Nice little use of the GamePad. ;D

Got my glasses this afternoon and Mario Kart 8 looks even better now lol :o ;D :P

For some reason Toad and Donkey Kong are always with me in the top 3, bloody glad that Luigi isn't there because then I'd be seeing way too much of him and his psycho stare. It really is enough to give you bloomin nightmares :o :-[ ;D