https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Wii U pricing  (Read 51327 times)

Offline Late

Re: Wii U pricing
« Reply #60 on: September 14, 2012, 09:53:22 AM »
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 11:22:54 AM by Late »
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #61 on: September 14, 2012, 10:42:53 AM »
So my guess of £239.99 with no bundled game was pretty close to the base model then  ;)

The premium model is averaging around £300 more than £290 though.

The states are getting a great deal for their Wii U.. europe are getting completely shafted in comparison - I cant believe its costing more than the 360 at launch  :o

Offline Late

« Reply #62 on: September 14, 2012, 10:53:17 AM »
The premium model is averaging around £300 more than £290 though.
Fair call. Amended.

Here's prices I've seen so far.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 11:25:37 AM by Late »
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #63 on: September 14, 2012, 11:44:12 AM »
Seeing as Amazon are now honouring their £199.99 price for the Premium SKU I might drop them an email complaining about them not honouring the £199.99 price in June lol. Can't see it happening but if you don't ask you definitely won't get it lol :P
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline jman

« Reply #64 on: September 14, 2012, 11:47:52 AM »
Just read that in america, they are not selling seperate gamepads until there are games that support two at once... and its likely that will become the norm in europe too...

...am I missing a trick again here.. what if a gamepad gets broken, its inevitable that someone, somewhere in the world will break one on the first day or in the first week... what are they supposed to do then... there are games like ZombiU that can only be played with the gamepad.. they would become totally unplayable.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 11:57:10 AM by jman »

Offline Late

« Reply #65 on: September 14, 2012, 11:55:10 AM »
Odd. As you say, there's bound to be a fair few broken (accidents, rage-quits, etc.)

Offline Late

« Reply #66 on: September 14, 2012, 12:00:11 PM »
Seeing as Amazon are now honouring their £199.99 price for the Premium SKU I might drop them an email complaining about them not honouring the £199.99 price in June lol. Can't see it happening but if you don't ask you definitely won't get it lol :P

Are you sure they're honouring premiums at £199.99?
Seems unlikely.
Can't see you getting anywhere arguing the June orders, but let me know if you do ;)

Offline jman

« Reply #67 on: September 14, 2012, 12:01:54 PM »
You also have to wonder that if the japanese converted price of a gamepad cost £110.. and the japanese converted cost of the base model was £209.. that means the Wii U console is actually only worth £100...  :o 

Would people of bought an upgraded Wii (no gamepad functionality) if it launched at £100... I can tell you now.. loads of people would have... I just cant comprehend the price of that gamepad.. its fucking bonkers LOL

Offline Late

« Reply #68 on: September 14, 2012, 12:55:47 PM »
Aye, the whole "the controller's more expensive than the console" thing was my first reaction, and still has me scratching my head. If the console's effectively doing all the work and the gamepad's effectively just a controller with a relatively low resolution resistive touchscreen bolted on then how's it come in at over one hundred quid? It's a fisherprice toy ffs.

If you need to go directly to Ninty to get a replacement gamepad, should you break the one in your bundle, it definitely doesn't bode well for the prospect of 2 player any time soon. And if you need to wait more than 6 months after launch before you can play balance multiplayer you might as well wait to see what Sony and Microsoft come up with instead.

So disappointed with this launch.
I've maybe come across as a Nintendo hater in recent months, as I constantly belittle their console, but that's not the case. Most of the put downs are just me arguing the ridiculous over-the-top boasts Harv spouts. I like Nintendo, on the whole, I wanted this console to be good, and I was seriously considering buying it - provided my concerns could be assuaged and the price was reasonable. But they haven't been, and it isn't.  :(

Offline harv

« Reply #69 on: September 14, 2012, 01:26:58 PM »
The controller is only expensive in Japan by the looks of things, I've seen it for £40-50 at some places which is cheaper than I was expecting. I would have thought £70 or so, the same price as a remote and nunchuck at launch.

A bit weird you can't buy them separately at launch though.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline Late

« Reply #70 on: September 14, 2012, 03:22:55 PM »
The controller is only expensive in Japan by the looks of things, I've seen it for £40-50 at some places...

If you can't buy it for that price then it ain't that price.
Can you buy it anywhere for that price? Course not - it ain't for sale.

Offline Late

« Reply #71 on: September 14, 2012, 03:43:27 PM »
A few price/stock comparison sites:

wiipreorder.co.uk/
consoledeals.co.uk
wiiprices.co.uk
wii-consoles.co.uk
console-price.co.uk

(Credit to andy4diehard on hotukdeals)

Offline harv

« Reply #72 on: September 14, 2012, 07:14:42 PM »
Nintendo have confirmed via a Tweet that the ZombiU bundle doesn't include Nintendo Land. Bollocks. >:(

Edit: Have just seen on another forum that Zavvi give you a 5% discount on your first order and they're doing the ZombiU bundle for £299.99 so you're already saving £20-30 compared to everywhere else before you take the 5% off. So I'll be getting the Black ZombiU bundle with 32GB of storage, stands, charging doc etc, ZombiU and a Pro controller for £285...assuming I'm making my first order...I may have ordered something from them before but can't remember. I've tried bunging in both of the emails I usually use into the Forgotten Password thingy and it says they're not registered...so fingers crossed lol :P
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 07:57:01 PM by harv »

Offline Late

« Reply #73 on: September 14, 2012, 08:39:31 PM »
If you have used them before but not recently you may have a 10% discount code in your spam folder - the hut group regularly email them to accounts that have been dormant for a while.

As mentioned, its part of a group - so most prices and offers apply to all (including zavvi thehut iwoot amongst others).

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #74 on: September 14, 2012, 09:36:30 PM »
32GB sounds a bit small... and that's the premium package?