https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: The Telly Thread  (Read 179421 times)

Offline harv

Re: The Telly Thread
« Reply #555 on: May 02, 2016, 05:08:10 PM »
Just started watching Humans, it's about androids. Just reminds me how awesome Asimov was with his Laws Of Robotics.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline jman

« Reply #556 on: May 03, 2016, 09:20:28 AM »
Been watching Making A Murderer the past few days, been blistering through it too... got the bug for real-life courtroom drama stuff after watching the brilliant The People vs. OJ Simpson drama that finished showing on the BBC last month - that was nail-biting stuff (even though you know what's going to happen).

Making A Murderer is such an interesting story, told as a real-time documentary rather than a re-enactment - it takes a good few episodes to really get going but I'm enjoying it a lot.  Might have to go on the hunt and find some more after we've finished this.  I've heard about The Jinx and Serial - if they are anywhere near as good as OJ/MaM then I'd be interested in watching them.

Offline harv

« Reply #557 on: May 04, 2016, 09:05:14 PM »
I've just started watching OJ as it goes, difficult to believe that all this happened 20-odd years ago. :o

OJ IS INNOCENT!!!! :o ;D ;D ;D :P

I couldn't get into Making A Murderer, might give it another go if it gets better as it goes along.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline jman

« Reply #558 on: May 05, 2016, 02:28:23 PM »
I think Episode 5 is where MaM gets really good.. the first couple are quite slow, but as the episodes go by, you realise that they are quite important as a background to the whole saga... personally I don't know if the documentary is slightly bias in the way it presented some of what happened and perhaps a few things might of been left out - its hard to give an opinion to someone who hasn't watched it without risk of spoiling it slightly.  Lets just say, some of the stuff the prosecution used as "evidence" and some of the stuff that was allowed to happen - you just couldn't make shit up like that lol.

I think I still preferred the OJ trial best though - apart from Travolta who I thought was pretty shit in it (I think his taut face just put me off everytime he was on screen) - I think I preferred it because it wasn't presented as a documentary and you could sit back and enjoy it without having to take a lot of information in - can't believe he got off.. disgusting really.

Offline harv

« Reply #559 on: May 05, 2016, 07:23:48 PM »
Disgusting..? Are you insane..? OJ didn't do it. He was framed, you crazy fool :o :P

Will check out Making A Murderer again I reckon.

Offline harv

« Reply #560 on: May 06, 2016, 03:16:47 AM »
Have started watching Orphan Black again. Couldn't get into it when I started to watch it the first time but am giving it another go. Pretty weird that they found so many actresses that look almost identical :o ;D

And they're not listed in the credits either. I'd be going mad at my agent if that happened to me tbh :-\

Offline harv

« Reply #561 on: May 09, 2016, 03:21:29 PM »
Have also started watching Stitchers. It's about a secret government programme where a tasty blonde bird is connected to a murder victim via a machine and is 'stitched' into their memories so that they can find out who killed them. There's something nefarious going on, it's just a tester for some dodgy use later on.

Quite good so far, and when she's in the machine she's wearing a catsuit type thing and the machine is full of water which frames her boobs VERY nicely :o ;D :P

Offline Late

« Reply #562 on: May 09, 2016, 07:19:28 PM »
I think I watched the first episode of that, and binned it. Load of rubbish.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #563 on: May 20, 2016, 02:24:09 PM »
Have now started watching Killjoys, the female lead is quite the Horn-Bat ;D

Offline Late

« Reply #564 on: May 21, 2016, 05:19:41 PM »
Watched the first series of Killjoys. It was a bit "meh". Watchable, but I'm not sure I'll bother with the second series (if they're in fact doing a second series - I can't rememeber)
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #565 on: May 23, 2016, 05:40:13 PM »
Am now watching the second series of Orphan Black. It's about fucking time that a character decided to fake their death when being drowned or suffocated. Just put up a token struggle and hold your breath and go limp. Whoever is trying to kill you will relax and at worst will leave a hand free to check your pulse or at best both hands and then their attention away and then *BAM* you either blitz attack them, or take out their kidneys or put them in a sleeper hold when their back is turned. ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #566 on: May 23, 2016, 11:42:21 PM »
I think I want to shag the actress that plays Helena, much better than the other actresses that play the other sisters. I wonder if she's just as mental in real life..? The actress that plays Cosima is also pretty hot too, and I don't normally go for dreadlocks either. :o ;D

Mind you, I wouldn't kick any of them out of bed tbh. :P

Offline harv

« Reply #567 on: June 04, 2016, 02:33:01 AM »
Have now started watching a new series called Lucifer, it's very funny in places so far :D ;D :D

The Devil has left Hell and has been on vacation for 5 years in Los Angeles and has just started working with a female cop who isn't susceptible to his wiles for some reason. ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #568 on: June 18, 2016, 08:16:29 PM »
I love some of the one-liners in Major Crimes (and The Closer before it). A schoolgirl asked one of the characters, 'How many people work here..?' and he replied, 'About half' ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #569 on: June 22, 2016, 03:54:44 PM »
Have been watching How To Get Away With Murder, glad I gave it another go because it got A LOT better after the first couple of episodes so thanks for the recommendation jman ;D