https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: The Telly Thread  (Read 170957 times)

Offline harv

Re: The Telly Thread
« Reply #585 on: March 22, 2017, 05:02:05 PM »
Have just seen that a third series of 12 Monkeys is starting in May and they've also have a fourth and final  series that's been confirmed too. Finally a decent show that those knob heads at SyFy haven't killed off! ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline harv

« Reply #586 on: May 10, 2017, 07:09:16 PM »
Have been watching the penultimate series of The Good Wife.I really love this programme. It's about a woman who's husband is the State Attourney and gets done for corruption and shagging hoo-ers. So when he gets nicked and sent to prison she has to go and and work again as a lawyer to make ends meet. I love legal dramas and there's plenty of comic relief there too. ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #587 on: May 11, 2017, 08:53:17 PM »
American Gods has been quite enjoyable so far.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline harv

« Reply #588 on: May 12, 2017, 07:17:49 AM »
Yup, that's on my list of programmes to check out ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #589 on: May 22, 2017, 07:24:06 PM »
I've started to watch NCIS Los Angeles, a spin-off of NCIS (Navel Criminal Investigation Services). Like with a lot of US TV series these last few years it took me a while to warm to the characters in it but now I have I'm really enjoying it. The best thing about it is that unlike the vast majority of US cop shows once a gunfight starts doesn't last long because these guys don't miss that often lol. And the good guys catch bullets quite often too, albeit in their vests for the most part. There's been 3 of them getting shot without vests though with one fatality so far.

The crumpet count isn't bad either but neither of them compares to Pauly Perette (sp?) from NCIS who's fucking gorgeous and to my surprise I found out a few months back is in her 40s :o :P :P :P

Offline harv

« Reply #590 on: May 28, 2017, 03:38:02 PM »
Have now started watching (or re-watching!) the third series of Auf Weidersehen Pet. One of my all-time favourite series of all-time. Some of my favourite actors and it's so well written. They're currently in the process of dismantling the Tees Transporter Bridge in Boro with a shitload of Eastern Europeans lmfao  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #591 on: May 29, 2017, 10:46:59 PM »
Have them all on DVD. Loved that show, being an old git, watched it first time round.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline harv

« Reply #592 on: May 30, 2017, 12:57:36 AM »
Yup, me too. Also watched Boys From The Blackstuff first time round too. Might have to watch that again now I'm thinking about it.

Offline harv

« Reply #593 on: June 26, 2017, 10:09:43 PM »
I've been watching Designated Survivor on Netflix with Kiefer Sutherland. Just like 24 it's completely fucking ridiculous but great fun lol.

Without giving away too much of the plot 24/7 there's always two designated survivors kept safe and well, usually in a bomb shelter, just in case something happens to the rest of the US government. Quite a clever idea as it goes. After a terrorist attack levels the Capital Building and kills the government Kiefer Sutherland is made the President Of The United States.

Yup, completely ridiculous but great fun lol

Has been renewed for a second series too so I'm quite happy! Am about halfway through the first series so far.

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #594 on: June 29, 2017, 01:08:54 AM »
Seen all of the first series, it wasn't bad. Watchable fun.

24 Legacy was okay too, very formulaic, very much in the vein of the original show. Got axed after the one series though, so I suppose he'll go back to being Heath in the Walking Dead.

New series of Prison Break was okay as well, if you liked the original. Totally ridiculous again as well. Only 9 episodes (may have been 10, can't remember if the first was a double). Wouldn't be surprised if it gets axed now though, they've given the brothers a happy ending and Michael isn't dead.

Series 2 of Preacher has started, now that's a good show.

Offline harv

« Reply #595 on: July 16, 2017, 08:25:00 PM »
After watching Boys From The Black Stuff again I decided to download some more Bleasedale stuff to watch again including GBH which I'm watching now. Starred Michael Palin, Robert Lindsay and Julie Walters. A brilliant series, probably the best that Bleasedale has written imo.

Offline harv

« Reply #596 on: July 20, 2017, 07:56:03 PM »
GBH was awesome, I forgot how good it was. Especially the third or fourth episode when Robert Lindsay's character, Michael Murray, starts to completely lose it. ;D ;D ;D

Am now rewatching series 2 of Alfred Hitchcock Presents. I tend to rewatch both Alfred Hitchcock Presents and The Alfred Hitchcock Hour every few years. A great couple of programmes, and Hitchcock is quite funny in the intros and outros too. ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #597 on: October 10, 2017, 02:36:20 AM »
This is hilarious for any Star Trek TNG fans lol ;D ;D ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odAVuJfV5fE

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #598 on: October 16, 2017, 01:39:35 AM »
Thoroughly recommend Doctor Doctor. Australian dramedy. Bloody hilarious in places. A bit like an Australian Doc Martin (in some respects) but a hell of a lot better (in my opinion). The main characters couldn't be more different for a start.

Glitch is another excellent Australian show.

Both currently in their second series.

Offline harv

« Reply #599 on: November 12, 2017, 08:21:38 PM »
I started watching Glitch a while ago, but stopped watching it for some reason. I think it might have been because I wanted to wait and see whether they did a second series.

Another good Ozzie programme is Rake, about a solicitor. Quite funny.

I've just started re-watching Arrow from the beginning. I've just watched the first series of The Flash again and decided I needed to catch up on Arrow because I needed to keep up with these crossover episodes. I've fallen behind on a lot of these superhero series so need to catch up on The Flash, Arrow and Gotham.

I might also re-watch Heroes too, I loved that series but the 2008(?) writer's strike fucked that series up.