https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: The Europa League Thread  (Read 39521 times)

Offline harv

Re: The Europa League Thread
« Reply #90 on: May 24, 2017, 08:03:16 PM »
Great start for United and Pogba puts United a goal ahead, albeit with a cruel deflection. It was on target without that deflection so he'll claim it.

We need more goals though, this young Ajax side have scored 120 goals in all competitions this season so it's far from over. :o
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline harv

« Reply #91 on: May 24, 2017, 08:32:53 PM »
United are 1-0 up at halftime and controlled the majority of the first half with Ajax beginning to get a grip on the game in the last 10 minutes or so.

I REALLY can't understand why we didn't play more positive football like this in our last half a dozen Premier League games. If we had we probably wouldn't be needing to win this game for Champions League football next season.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline harv

« Reply #92 on: May 24, 2017, 08:48:21 PM »
Micki makes it 2-0 in the first few minutes of the second half. Nice overhead kick too. 8)

Offline harv

« Reply #93 on: May 24, 2017, 09:38:15 PM »
2-0 final score and at long last we've won THAT trophy missing from our Trophy Cabinet. A great performance by every single player after such a difficult few days for the city of Manchester.

Shove that up your arses fucking sideways you Islamic fundamentalist cunts!!!!!

Offline harv

« Reply #94 on: May 24, 2017, 09:59:26 PM »
We'll that has to be the best match banner I've EVER seen in all of my years watching football. It said, 'Zlatan, stay and you can shag my wife' lmfao :o ;D

Offline jman

« Reply #95 on: May 25, 2017, 10:57:12 AM »
I'm sure the families of the victims will now feel mightly relieved that United won a poxy football match  ::)  I don't get this "doing it for the city" thing - they won a football match ffs - its hardly any kind of retribution for what happened.

But onto the game, I think it was all over before it started, they fielded a 17 year old at center back and currently a Chelsea loaner is their best player.. it was hardly a test for United and I think that showed when Ajax did absolutely fuck all for 90 minutes.  Saying that, Ajax still dominated as United once again retreated back into their defensive shell as soon as they went 1 up with the help of a massive deflection.

I did laugh at the banner at the end lol - I also saw him push a teammate away to get a selfie of the trophy  ::) the guy is a massive prick

Mourinho publicly said at the start of the season that the league was his priority - its not been as successful as he wanted but on the flip side, it hasn't been a complete disaster - I still wouldn't be happy if I was a united fan though - all that money spent and to finish 24 points off the leaders is an embarrassment however you want to put it.  If Mourinho doesn't win a proper trophy next season he should definitely be sacked.  8) ;) ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #96 on: May 25, 2017, 04:38:54 PM »
You are aware that this young Ajax side has scored 120 goals in all competitions this season, right? They're not a bad side by any means. Ajax just didn't have the necessary experience of a game of this much importance plus Maureen got everything right tactically.

Yes, they had more possession, but United controlled the game for around 80 minutes.

It was a great performance and a deserved win. And that win has got us £75m for next season from Adidas before a ball has been kicked which Maureen will spend during the Summer.

As for the amount of money we've spent over the last few seasons it doesn't matter how much money you spend if half of your players are injured during that time. Like I've said before in all my years of watching football I've never seen ANYTHING like these last 3 seasons. We've had an average injury list of 7 or 8 players out every week since the season started and managed to pick up 4 serious ligament injuries, 2 of those were ACL injuries in the same bloomin match :o

I guarantee you if Chelsea, arse, Spurs, the red scouse gits or the Bitters had these sort of injuries they would all have finished mid-table every season at best, whereas United have managed a top 4 place, won 1 FA Cup, 1 League Cup and 1 Europa League Cup.

We've been in a transition period since Fergie left, and things certainly weren't helped by giving Moyes the job, but the last transition period we had between 2003 and 2006 when Fergie decided to fundamentally rebuild the side we won two trophies - the FA Cup and the League Cup - and got beat in two other Finals. Two trophies in three seasons wasn't bad considering.

And during this 4 season transition period we've won three trophies in four seasons. Hardly a disaster by any means, particularly when you consider how unlucky we've been with those injuries.

We've also pipped the red scouse gits as the most successful side in English football, that was our 41st trophy last night. 8)

Offline harv

« Reply #97 on: September 19, 2019, 11:48:32 AM »
Back in this Mickey Mouse competition again.

Here's the squad for tonight's game against some team nobody has ever heard of from Kazakhstan lol

David de Gea, Sergio Romero, Lee Grant, Matej Kovar, Victor Lindelof, Eric Bailly, Phil Jones, Harry Maguire, Marcos Rojo, Ashley Young, Diogo Dalot, Luke Shaw, Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Axel Tuanzebe, Brandon Williams, Paul Pogba, Juan Mata, Jesse Lingard, Andreas Pereira, Fred, Daniel James, Angel Gomes, Nemanja Matic, James Garner, Scott McTominay, Anthony Martial, Marcus Rashford, Mason Greenwood, Tahith Chong.

My predicted lineup:

Romero

Young, Tuanzebe, Jones, William's

Fred, Garner

Chong, Gomes, Greenwood

Martial

Not really a prediction, more of a hope lol

I don't think UEFA will let Ollie get away with fielding that many non first team regulars. ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #98 on: September 20, 2019, 10:08:52 AM »
Ended up winning 1-0 which was pretty disappointing. Greenwood got the goal and it was a good one. Chong and Gomes were disappointing but the latter won A LOT of free kicks.

Our main problem was bloody Static, he's ALWAYS reverting to playing the ball backwards and sideways which slows our game down to a bloody crawl and loses the ball in the middle of the park WAY too much.

I'm REALLY hoping that we can fuck him off in January or the Summer.

Offline harv

« Reply #99 on: October 03, 2019, 04:56:50 PM »
Great to see Brandon Williams getting his first start this evening:

De Gea

Dalot Lindelof Rojo Williams

Matic Fred

James Mata Gomes

Greenwood

Bench: Romero, Maguire, Tuanzebe, Lingard, McTominay, Chongy, Rashford

Disappointing to see Static and Mata starting though but at least that means that they're less likely to start on Sunday I would have thought.

Offline harv

« Reply #100 on: October 03, 2019, 06:09:59 PM »
Plenty of possession for United early on. And an early warning for United as AZ scored an offside goal. We've only had one off target shot so far.

Williams looking quite confident so far.

AZ have only conceded 3 goals so far this season in the league :o

Offline iaskthequestions

« Reply #101 on: October 03, 2019, 07:17:18 PM »
Not gonna lie. Harv once again United look so shit.

Offline iaskthequestions

« Reply #102 on: October 03, 2019, 07:50:28 PM »
So wolves do the job in istanbul. 90th min winner
Not United though. Another shocking performance. Probably lucky to get away with a draw.

No wonder Arsenal were disappointed to come away with a point on monday.

Offline harv

« Reply #103 on: October 03, 2019, 07:51:09 PM »
Yup, pretty awful going forward again, great defending at times though against a side that has scored plenty of goals in their league, and they've only conceded 3 goals this season too.

Not all bad though because Williams had a very solid game, would have liked him to get forward more and stick a few crosses in though.

Offline iaskthequestions

« Reply #104 on: October 03, 2019, 07:54:00 PM »
0 shots on target and just 7 touches in AZ box.

Sugarcoat it all you want Harv. United are bang average now. Such terrible football.