https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Xbox One  (Read 107367 times)

Offline Late

Re: Xbox One
« Reply #240 on: March 10, 2014, 12:25:06 AM »
New survey done. Showing as 4900 reward points not including the March survey so I expect that'll update tomorrow and I'll get my reward later this month.

Turns out the offer where you get 1000 reward points for playing a new game was a short-lived promotion and ended in October, so that explains why I've not been earning that reward. :(
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 12:44:14 AM by Late »
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline Late

« Reply #241 on: March 11, 2014, 11:54:16 PM »
There was a problem. We could not sign you in. Try again in a few minutes, or check your account by signing into account.live.com. Sign in: 0x8004804F

Ugh. Was having problems with my Thief disk. Has happened a few times - just hangs on a splash screen and can only be fixed by powering of completely (not a great game, and buggy too - awesome :( ) After this reboot I'm unable to log into my profile.
It seems it's a widespread problem affecting a LOT of people this evening. Unfortunate timing, with the US launch of Titanfall. Seems to be Xbox One only - Xbox 360 is apparently fine.
Can't really play anything if I can't get into my account. Wtg Microsoft. :( 

« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 12:07:41 AM by Late »
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #242 on: March 12, 2014, 11:31:50 AM »
Feel lucky those americans aren't getting too far ahead in Titanfall already  ;) 

2 days to go - and fantastic news.. my missus is buggering off for the whole day on Saturday for paddys day.. so I'll have an entire day dedicated to Titanfall.. well actually I'm going out in the evening too, but should be on for most of the day up until 4-5ish

That's if I get it on time.. wondering why I haven't received my dispatch email yet ..  ;D :-\

Offline Late

« Reply #243 on: March 12, 2014, 12:27:17 PM »
Aye, hopefully we're not too far behind. It's a bit nasty that the yanks will all have scopes and extended clips on their guns, not to mention a range of new weapons and equipment when we're starting out at level one. Plus they'll know their way around the maps a bit. :(

I'm looking to buy it digitally at midnight tomorrow night. I expect it'll be £55 - which doesn't sound great when the disk version is around £37, but I got my credit at a bit of a discount so £55 would actually work out at about £35. And £35 for a digital copy of Titanfall on the xb One sounds like a bargain to me :D

I'm told the download is 16gb (extracts to 20gb), which is a lot smaller than the pc version (around 50gb), and of course you can play it before it's fully downloaded, so hopefully it'll take less than 18 hours and I'll be able to play it when I get home from work on Friday night.

Offline jman

« Reply #244 on: March 12, 2014, 05:12:46 PM »
Don't worry.. if you're on my team, your guaranteed a win, no matter what the disadvantage ;)

Got my dispatch email today  :D

Offline Late

« Reply #245 on: March 26, 2014, 12:31:50 AM »
Digital sale on Xbox One this weekend.

From Friday 28th March till 30th March.

Call of Duty: Ghosts* 33% off, was £54.99, down to £36.84
Thief* 50% off, was £49.99, down to £24.99
Tomb Raider* 50% off, was £44.99, down to £22.50
Call of Duty: Ghosts Digital Hardened Edition 20% off, was £89.99, down to £72.00

Meh. No use to me - I already have cod and thief, and had TR on the 360. And I didn't rate any of those games. Still - good if you want any of those, or want to pad out your collection a bit.

Offline Late

« Reply #246 on: April 15, 2014, 07:59:34 AM »
Uk OneGuide for Sky HD is here at last. A few folk are beta testing it, and it should hopefully be available as an app within a month or so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxQ6THm6Ubo

Offline Late

« Reply #247 on: April 30, 2014, 02:38:31 PM »
Most recent movements on my xbox rewards account:

11/04/14 - Completed April Survey - 250 Credits (Pending)
31/03/14 - MyAchievements – Legend Rebate - 1,600 Credits (Pending)
26/03/14 - Rewards Deposited - 5,150 Credits

So in early March I reached/passed the 5000 credits mark, at which point they automatically convert into cash (I got £3.45).
Thanks to buying Titanfall and doing a survey I'm well on the way to my next payout.
I'll not get a reward for buying Trials, unfortunately, as I bought that on the wife's account. (Some credit I bought accidentally went onto her account, so I used a bit of that up.)

Offline jman

« Reply #248 on: May 07, 2014, 08:46:27 AM »
Reward for buying Trials.. ??

Have I missed something then.. I didn't get anything for buying that..

The rewards programme is ridiculous since they got rid of the new game rewards..  I mean you'd still have to buy 5 new game releases to even earn 5000 - which is still only a few quid in rewards..since the X1 release, I bought the console on launch day, several brand new games and a few other things too and earnt about 2000 credits - half of which came from fucking surveys lol ;D
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 08:50:02 AM by jman »

Offline Late

« Reply #249 on: May 07, 2014, 09:50:44 AM »
Yeah, you should've gotten a few points for buying Trials, assuming you bought it digitally and on your own account. You're top tier (over 75k gamerscore) so for every £6.70 you spend on the marketplace you should get 300 Rewards Credits.
Can't remember how much it was. £10 or £15? You should be on for 300 or 600 points. Which is worth fuck all, but I'd still be complaining about not getting it.

Mind, you did get a free copy of Killer Instinct, and I got nowt, so screw you :p 
Did you actually play KI, btw? Was it any good? I had one game with the one free character they gave everyone, on launch day, then completely forgot about it.

May survey done.
That one was a bit tricky. Which of these fifteen features on xb1 are your five favourites? I put voice & gesture control as #1 (though I love voice but hate gesture), and then had hdmi passthrough, home gold, and oneguide as 2-4 (not sure if I put them in that order), but struggled to come up with a #5. I'm not interested in cross party chat, Skype, Fitness, or most of the other options, and they're taking the piss if they think anyone's going to select "the large selection of marketplace games".
For the "what feature do you want added" question I put Games With Gold. I'm sure they'll be crap when we do get our free games, but free's free! :D

Offline jman

« Reply #250 on: May 07, 2014, 01:31:36 PM »
Killer Instinct was alright.. bit bland as a fighting game.. which are probably one of my least favourite genres anyway.. I absolutely sucked at online play.. played a few times and got my ass handed to me every single time.. people must just play them constantly to learn the combos - I just find them boring.

I didn't get anything for Trials - I got a Master Rebate (tee-hee) at the end of December for 900 credits - Peggle 2 maybe?  Since then I've only had the February Survey - I keep forgetting to do them aswell lol.

Offline Late

« Reply #251 on: May 13, 2014, 05:03:22 PM »
Three big announcements from Microsoft today.  All three should start in June.

They're selling a cheaper version of the One without Kinect. (Ugh)
You can use a lot of apps without Gold. (Indifferent)
Games With Gold is coming to the One. (Yay)

Edit: autocorrect & formatting.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 05:20:05 PM by Late »

Offline harv

« Reply #252 on: May 13, 2014, 05:27:24 PM »
Going to be interesting to see if Sony respond to this by cutting the price of the PS4 by $50. Unless I'm getting my US prices mixed up that puts the Xbox One from $499.99 to $399.99, the same price as the PS4 over there. So they've gone from paying more money for a less powerful machine to paying the same amount of money for a less powerful machine. It's better but still not ideal. :-\
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline jman

« Reply #253 on: May 14, 2014, 08:00:58 AM »
You forget that the X1 (despite being a "less powerful machine") is already keeping up/surpassing PS4 sales in N.America on a weekly basis despite being more expensive... 2.8m - X1, vs 3.1m - PS4 -  you'll start to see the X1 dominate the market over there soon.

The biggest loser in all of this would be the Wii U - but we already knew that.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 08:03:31 AM by jman »

Offline Late

« Reply #254 on: May 19, 2014, 02:16:28 PM »