https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Xbox One  (Read 104091 times)

Offline Late

Re: Xbox One
« Reply #90 on: June 20, 2013, 10:43:12 PM »
Lolz:

Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #91 on: June 20, 2013, 10:51:16 PM »
LOL  ;D  (stealing that!)

Offline harv

« Reply #92 on: June 20, 2013, 11:04:28 PM »
Fucking brilliant lol ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline jman

« Reply #93 on: June 24, 2013, 12:26:31 PM »
Launch Games for the X1
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
Battlefield 4
Call of Duty: Ghosts
Dead Rising 3
FIFA 14
Forza Motorsport 5
Just Dance 2014
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
LocoCycle
Madden NFL 25
NBA 2K14
NBA Live 14
Killer Instinct
Kinect Sports Rivals
Ryse: Son of Rome
Skylanders: Swap Force
Watch Dogs

Just been looking to see which ones I'd want to get

Top of the list is definitely Dead Rising 3 and I think Forza 5 and Watch Dogs would be a day one purchase too.

Killer Instinct would be launch window and I'd like to give Kinect v2 a good go.. so Sports Rivals might be a launch window purchase too

Probably get Bf4 on the PC depending on how the multiplayer is shaping up and I don't think I'll bother with AC4, haven't even played AC3 yet.

Offline Late

« Reply #94 on: June 24, 2013, 02:35:50 PM »
That's a pretty impressive launch lineup.

If I were getting an xbone this xmas I'd be wanting the following either at launch or pretty soon after:
Battlefield 4
Call of Duty: Ghosts
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
Forza Motorsport 5
Watch Dogs (so long as it reviews well. Looks great, but you never can be sure with a new IP).

I'd also want AC4 and Kinect Sports Rivals (and maybe DR3 & Killer Instinct) pretty soon afterward.

Not personally interested in Fifa, Dance, Loco, NFL, NBA, Ryse, or Skylanders - but they each have appeal to a lot of people. I'd imagine there's something there for just about anyone.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #95 on: June 24, 2013, 03:52:33 PM »
Yup.. one of the better launch line-ups in recent times.. pisses all over what the Wii U had.. Plus there's Titanfall, Wolfenstein and The Crew to come in Q1 as-well and they all look like the mutt's nuts.

Apart from GTA 5 and NHL 14 I'm (hopefully) not going to buy any more 360 games...the saving starts here!!!  Although come November when I have no savings.. I'll probably have to take it all in one hit lol - its the norm.

Fortunately my birthday is in November, so hoping the console releases before the 11th  :P

Offline Late

« Reply #96 on: June 25, 2013, 02:43:30 PM »
MS revealed today that the xb1 won't have a headset included.

You're asking us to stump up four hundred and thirty quid, and you won't even throw in your £2 headset - you'll instead sell it separately (for about £10-15?).

I understand the headset is an optional peripheral, so some wouldn't use it and some would eschew them for their premium Turtle Beaches etc. - but to not include the basic headset is just cheap.

Offline jman

« Reply #97 on: June 28, 2013, 07:42:58 AM »
Well Kinect does come with a built-in-microphone that can be used.. although there are distinct advantages of using a headset.  I actually haven't used mine for the 360 in ages though.. so probably wont affect me too much.. they said they were working on an adapter to get current x360 headsets to work although you'll probably have to pay for that separately as well.

Offline Late

« Reply #98 on: November 04, 2013, 11:33:16 AM »
Peggle 2 has been pushed back slightly - so is no longer a launch day title but is still firmly in the "launch window".

PopCap haven't given a date for it but say it'll be in December - so we're only looking at few weeks delay.

venturebeat

Offline Late

« Reply #99 on: November 06, 2013, 11:55:06 AM »
Looks like all Xbox Live Gold members will be able to stream music from Xbox Music free of charge on Xbox One (with the occasional ad).

I'm not really a music lover, but will have to check that out. I'm sure it'll be very popular with a lot of folk.

I believe the only way to play music on the ps4 is to subscribe to Sony's music service at about £5pm (i.e. it's not included in your ps+ subscription) - though that's advert free..

dealspwn

Offline jman

« Reply #100 on: November 06, 2013, 03:13:44 PM »
Just got an email from Microsoft saying they are giving me Killer Instinct for free..

Obviously the basic version of Killer Instinct is free-to-play - but they are unlocking all the characters for me... as a dedication present!!  :o  (I presume its based on how many years as an xbox live member you have been.. maybe? )

Sweet!  I was actually thinking of buying the full version.. no need now  ;D

Offline Late

« Reply #101 on: November 06, 2013, 03:39:40 PM »
Blimey - that's a good result!
Did MS know you're getting a One, or was it something along the lines of "if you buy a One we'll give you this"?

Edit: a few sites are reporting people getting the same email as you. And there's also reports of some folk getting free consoles!
Nothing for me, sadly :(
No official word on the criteria for being "dedicated" but it seems to be a combination of gamerscore and gold membership.

(Can I put an awful thought in your head, Kieron. Might you have been given a free console if you'd passed 100k gamerscore instead of deliberately stopping just shy of it last month?...)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 03:49:28 PM by Late »

Offline harv

« Reply #102 on: November 06, 2013, 03:55:27 PM »
Late, you are an evil, evil man lololol :o :D ;D ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline Late

« Reply #103 on: November 06, 2013, 04:11:16 PM »
Surely under such circumstances it's any bloke's duty to plant such thoughts in their friends' minds! ;)

(Incidentally, rewards seem to be based on a mixture of criteria, and I've seen reports from people with over 300k GS getting the KI characters unlocked, so being on 99980 won't really have stopped Kieron hitting the jackpot.)

Offline harv

« Reply #104 on: November 06, 2013, 05:48:08 PM »
Looks like all Xbox Live Gold members will be able to stream music from Xbox Music free of charge on Xbox One (with the occasional ad).

I'm not really a music lover, but will have to check that out. I'm sure it'll be very popular with a lot of folk.

I believe the only way to play music on the ps4 is to subscribe to Sony's music service at about £5pm (i.e. it's not included in your ps+ subscription) - though that's advert free..

dealspwn

Thought it sounded too good to be true, and unlike Microsoft. Turns out that only the first 15 songs are free.