https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Xbox One  (Read 104092 times)

Offline jman

Re: Xbox One
« Reply #105 on: November 06, 2013, 06:55:12 PM »
lol.. I was checking neogaf and saw a few people mention they had won themselves a console.. and I already thought to myself that if the free game/console was based on 100k+ Gamerscore and years service - I would of properly done my nut in lol..  I've seen a fair few people who have higher GS than me and around the same years service not get an email at all though ??  Maybe their email was delayed - dunno... but I'd imagine there are other factors involved - # of games played/downloaded perhaps - maybe just a random factor.. I haven't got a clue - but I have pretty much dedicated my entire console gaming to the 360 this gen... so I think I deserve it  :P  and you cant beat free stuff  ;D

Offline Late

« Reply #106 on: November 08, 2013, 03:16:59 PM »
youtube: "Xbox One All-in-One Demo with Yusuf Mehdi and Marc Whitten"

Nice live action demo vid showing xbox menus and kinect features etc.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #107 on: November 12, 2013, 08:49:51 AM »
10 days to go... transferred my £400 savings across to my account today as not sure when zavvi will want to take it.. made sure my card is up-to-date too.. lol.. don't want anything screwing up launch day..

Offline jman

« Reply #108 on: November 13, 2013, 10:31:21 AM »
Just been looking on the GAME website for opening hours on launch day, I want to get there super early, pick up my games and leave... they do a early morning opening in my local store I think - I hope that means anyone can go in there at that time (i.e. not just console pre-orders only)... are you doing a midnight launch late or you waiting till the morning/afternoon?

Offline Late

« Reply #109 on: November 13, 2013, 12:13:04 PM »
The plan was to get it at midnight Thursday night and be off on the Friday.
(I wasn't certain it was opening at midnight but I assumed so. Have just checked the list/u] and confirmed.)
Probably get a second controller and a copy of COD at the same time, if possible.

As I'm out of hols I'm not sure, though. If I go for the midnight launch I might not actually get out of there with it until after 12.30 (I've no idea), and it's a 20 minute drive home. Then say half an hour to set it up (unbox, move av equipment around, etc.). And probably a 20 minute mandatory day one system patch. And then download Forza (half an hour, rough guess?). There's a good chance I'll be fannying about until gone 2 or 3am, and then not actually get it played.
On the bright side I'd get to play with it at 6pm on Friday.

Alternative option is to pick it up on the way home from work Friday and do all the fannying around on the evening. Probably makes more sense to do that, but it means I ain't playing on my new toy until late evening. (And when has "making sense" come into the equation when buying a day one xb1?)
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #110 on: November 13, 2013, 01:45:07 PM »
All my hopes rest on the courier getting to my house nice and early.. I swear if zavvi are even a day late getting my X1 to me, I shall not use them again.

Looks like Lego Marvel has been delayed on the X1 - but not other platforms.. sorry late!

Offline Late

« Reply #111 on: November 13, 2013, 02:35:48 PM »
Was surprised to hear "Injustice: Gods Among Us" is coming to ps4 but not to xb1.
I've got the GOTY edition for xb360 pre-ordered. Would've considered getting xb1 version instead (if it were a reasonable price).
Annoyingly, it's available for a really good price on ps4, which just compounds the frustration.

Offline harv

« Reply #112 on: November 13, 2013, 06:55:08 PM »
I got my Wii U from Zavvi on launch day without a problem so you should be okay. The only problems with delivery from Zavvi have been with software, not hardware. For some strange reason they seem completely unaware of the correct launch dates of some games. Very odd.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline jman

« Reply #113 on: November 14, 2013, 10:20:30 AM »
Yeah, well just a bit wary pre-ordering hardware online after getting burnt with amazon and their monumental fuck-up with pre-orders on the 360.. I was a massive amazon user at the time.. but after that incident, I stopped buying from them for about 5 years.. and only in the last few years have I ordered a few bits from them but I always look around first if amazon seems to be the cheapest, I don't mind paying a little bit extra if it means I don't have to use them.

Just heard Halo Spartan Assault (the windows mobile/pc) top down twin shooter is coming to X1/X360 on digital download.. will definitely be getting that.. love twin shooters and love halo.. so I should enjoy it.. all the reviews blast the mobile version for having shit controls.. but that shouldn't translate to the consoles where dual-analogues are king for this type of game.

Offline Late

« Reply #114 on: November 14, 2013, 01:03:40 PM »
If picking up an xbox One at a Game midnight launch I hear the following offers will be on:

Fighter Within half price £25
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes half price £25 (game has been delayed but i hear will be honoured)
Call of Duty: Ghosts for £40 (or free if you trade in a current-gen version of Ghosts previously purchased at GAME)
£10 off a number of games (Forza Motorsport 5, Dead Rising 3, Ryse: Son of Rome, FIFA 14, Battlefield 4, Need For Speed: Rivals, NBA 2K14, Madden NFL 25)
£10 off a 12 Month Xbox LIVE Day One Edition Subscription.
Reduced price BluRays (£12.99 each: The Wolverine, Man Of Steel, Despicable Me 2, Kick-Ass 2, Alan Partridge: Alpha Papa, Pacific Rim.)

Possibly other deals. I'm not sure whether these deals are set in stone or just rumour but I've seen mention in a couple of places.

Offline harv

« Reply #115 on: November 14, 2013, 02:05:21 PM »
You might want to avoid Ryse,  I've heard nothing but negative feedback regarding the combat. I had my doubts about it when I saw the first reveal of the game. A real shame because it really could have been seven shades of awesome :(

Really pisses me off that what could be great games are completely fucked up by shite design decisions. >:( But of course you need a design degree to be a games designer...right..? Right..? :o ::)
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Late

« Reply #116 on: November 14, 2013, 02:16:28 PM »
Ryse has always looked crap.

If the offer is correct I can see me buying COD for £40 and reserving Lego Marvel (to pick up a week or so later) for £25.

The other games don't much excite me, and I ain't paying £13 for a BD. I'll end up buying Man of Steel and Kick Ass 2 but only when they're about £6. And I'm sorted for my live Gold subs until approx Sept 2014, so don't need that. I hear they're throwing in £5 of MS credit if you buy subs, but that's not a deal if their stickered price is RRP.

Offline jman

« Reply #117 on: November 14, 2013, 03:02:06 PM »
Let me know if you hear those deals are concrete late... £10 off Forza and DR3 might be worth staying up for!

Personally I think Ryse "looks" pretty awesome, amazing in fact.... the gameplay on the other hand is what is putting me off actually buying it.. I don't think the demo did it any justice whatsoever by showing so many QTE - I would give it the benefit of the doubt in that aspect as its only the finishing moves that require a QTE, I heard the combat has more in line with batman combat than anything else.. its the linearity of the game that is offputting and would bore me stiff, offering little to zero replayability -  which is not what I want from a launch game.. saying that, that comment was from a preview of the early 2 stages of the game so if the reviews come in and suggest the game is far more expansive and open later on - I could be tempted to buy it.

Offline Late

« Reply #118 on: November 14, 2013, 03:16:07 PM »
Let me know if you hear those deals are concrete late... £10 off Forza and DR3 might be worth staying up for!
I think it's only if you're getting your Day One there, but I'll be popping in at some point in the next week to check details.

Personally I think Ryse "looks" pretty awesome, amazing in fact.... the gameplay on the other hand is what is putting me off actually buying it.. I don't think the demo did it any justice whatsoever by showing so many QTE - I would give it the benefit of the doubt in that aspect as its only the finishing moves that require a QTE, I heard the combat has more in line with batman combat than anything else.. its the linearity of the game that is offputting and would bore me stiff, offering little to zero replayability -  which is not what I want from a launch game.. saying that, that comment was from a preview of the early 2 stages of the game so if the reviews come in and suggest the game is far more expansive and open later on - I could be tempted to buy it.

To be fair, the graphics look very good.
But as I posted elsewhere: "Looks like it plays similar to the freeflow sidegame thing from the Arkham games [I love the game but don't like the freeflow combat], but with QTEs thrown in, and some shifting maps. Spike pits etc. sound reasonable to put into a Roman arena (I'm not sure if they really had them, but they're often in films etc. and they do actually add something) but the arena shifting to a swamp or jungle at the press of a button by the Caesar? Behave yourself!..."
Has never appealed from the moment I first heard about it, and it's only gone downhill since then, for me.
I hope I'm wrong and it's great, though.

Offline Late

« Reply #119 on: November 14, 2013, 07:54:59 PM »
Popped into Game on my way home today.
The deals are confirmed, and only apply if buying a console at the same time.

My preorder is now amended to:
Xbox One day one edition with Forza £429.99
Call of Duty Ghosts £40.00
Lego Marvel £25.00

I've been told I can get it at midnight (or any time thereafter) but to speed it up I can pay on Wed or Thurs if I want - which will mean I can pretty much be straight in and out.