https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Xbox One  (Read 104265 times)

Offline harv

Re: Xbox One
« Reply #120 on: November 14, 2013, 09:36:53 PM »
That's what she said :o ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Late

« Reply #121 on: November 14, 2013, 10:46:43 PM »
Lol! ;D
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #122 on: November 15, 2013, 09:39:22 AM »
Looks like Lego Marvel isn't delayed after all.. releases on the 29th in Europe - £25 is a pretty good deal - I'd of probably been tempted myself as you could easily flog it on afterwards for £40+ on ebay.

My launch day order is
£400 - Xbox One, Day One Console + Fifa 14
£50 - Dead Rising 3
£50 - Forza 5
£Free - Killer Instinct  :P

Console is paid for.. put a £5 deposit on DR3 already and got £55 left over on my game card.. so I've basically got £40 left to pay for Forza 5.. I was debating whether to get Zoo Tycoon at the same time - but I think that would be taking it a bit too far as I'll have plenty to play through.

Offline Late

« Reply #123 on: November 15, 2013, 11:13:29 AM »
I was told Lego Marvel would probably be a week after the console's release. I assume I'll pay for it on the 22nd and pick it up when it's available. Works fine for me. I'm sure Forza and COD will tide me over ;)

I think I'll have about £20* left on my gift/rewards after buying my bundle. Won't get anything else that day, but will probably get a second controller or another game within a fortnight.
I'm tempted by Zoo Tycoon. Doesn't look the most outstanding of games or something I'd normally go for, but it's something a bit different, it puts Kinect to good use, I'd play it (and probably enjoy it), and the wife and kids might love it.
We'll see how the reviews go.

*Give or take a tenner or so. I lose track, as I've used the card to buy SR4 t'other week (I don't think I've used it for anything else, but I might have) and I'm not sure how many reward points etc. I'll get next week.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 11:15:23 AM by Late »
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline Late

« Reply #124 on: November 18, 2013, 04:34:22 PM »
Mixed reports that Lego Marvel might not be delayed, now.
No biggie if it is, tbh. I'll have enough to keep me busy if that game's released a week late, and I pretty much drive past the branch of Game I'm getting it from on my commute.

Toying with getting Assassin's Creed. I usually wait until the AC games are about £20 before taking the plunge, but this one's getting rave reviews - and I doubt we'll see next gen versions dropping in price that quickly. So I might be best off getting it for a tenner off on launch day if possible.
Decisions, decisions.
I should probably leave it. I've pretty much used up all my credit and I've not yet got a second controller or a game that properly utilises Kinect.

Have arranged to leave work half an hour early on Friday. Avoiding the rush hour should save me a fair bit of time in my commute, so hopefully I'll be home about 5.00-5.15 instead of 6.00.
I still intend picking up the machine at midnight. Probably won't get much (or any) play on it that night, but I should hopefully be able to get it all set up - so that I'm good to go when I get home, instead of fannying about setting it up for a while and not actually gaming until 9pm or something...

Annoyingly, the wife and one of the kids will both be home all day Friday. I get my new toy and go to work while those two are home and not all that interested in it. FML.

Offline jman

« Reply #125 on: November 19, 2013, 08:48:03 PM »
Money taken from my account.. status updated to "Awaiting Despatch"  ;D ;D

Order despatched this morning, bit worried they are using Yodel as the courier as I've had nothing but bad experiences with them  :-\
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 07:45:19 AM by jman »

Offline Late

« Reply #126 on: November 20, 2013, 11:21:00 AM »
Yeah, Yodel aren't my favourite - but I think they've been better this past year or so, and they can't really screw this up.
If you get it a day early I'll be well jealous! :(  ;)

Offline jman

« Reply #127 on: November 20, 2013, 12:02:41 PM »
lol, no chance of that, I can see the parcel status and apparently its sitting at the Zavvi depot awaiting yodel to pick it up.. and even if they try to deliver it tomorrow I'll be at work.. so I wont get it until Friday at the earliest... but another worrying sign is that on the Zavvi order it says it will arrive "On or before 25th November"  :o .. like I said previously.. Zavvi have a chance here.. and now they have despatched it.. even if Yodel fucks it up, I wont be using Zavvi again (nor any of The Hut Group subsidiaries).

The last two things I ordered from companies that used Yodel, one package was chucked into the middle of my garden (and no card was left) - didn't realise until the next day (after it had rained) - luckily it wasn't damaged from the rain or the drop because it was thrown around 10 feet from about 6 feet up and there is no way the courier knew what was inside it.. the other I paid for next day delivery and despite the company sending it out that day, it sat with Yodel for a week and when he eventually turned up I told him to sod off and refused delivery, so I complained, heard nothing back - so haven't used that company again.  I think that last time was about 1 & 1/2 years ago though.. so I hope they have improved since !!

Offline harv

« Reply #128 on: November 20, 2013, 01:10:23 PM »
Yodel are fucking useless. If you're not in the driver will probably sign for it himself and leave it on your doorstep. That's what theyddid with my hard drive recently. They don't get paid unless their packages are delivered apparently. >:(
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline harv

« Reply #129 on: November 20, 2013, 05:16:32 PM »
Fucking hell, the One takes 1 minute and 8 seconds to boot from a cold start :o ;D

Can't see anyone in their right mind not booting from standby, even the most environmentally conscious ???

Offline Late

« Reply #130 on: November 20, 2013, 07:51:38 PM »
Mine won't ever be powered down. Half the appeal in the console is turning it on with voice control! ;)

Offline harv

« Reply #131 on: November 20, 2013, 10:08:52 PM »
Bu-bu-bu-but think about the trees, man :o :P

Offline jman

« Reply #132 on: November 21, 2013, 09:51:17 AM »
So it looks like there will be a 2GB update on day one.. you can do this before-hand by saving it to a USB stick to speed up the process - Instructions Here - although it seems a bit convoluted so I dont think I'll bother, I think what I will do is wait in until the courier turns up (if they turn up) - then download the update and nip out to game to pick up DR3 and Forza.

What game am I going to play first.. I haven't got a clue.. just so excited.. it'll probably be Forza though as it looks absolutely amazing... probably play it for a few hours before I swap over to DR3.. then give KI a go later on and make sure I download the Kinect Sports Rivals demo to give Kinect 2.0 a good seeing to.. also I cant wait to play around with the snap features...I can see myself getting a lot of use out of snapping tv and game in one window.. my tv does already support PIP but not between two different HDMI outputs

Edit : Forgot I have Fifa 14 aswell.. will probably have a little go on that.. but it certainly wont be my priority.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 09:53:11 AM by jman »

Offline Late

« Reply #133 on: November 21, 2013, 10:48:34 AM »
I still don't know if my Forza will be digital download or disk.
I assumed it'd be digital, like FIFA, but the Game website indicates it might be a disk. I asked when I was instore last week and the lad said he's not sure either.
TBH I'm easy either way. If it's disk it means I can get straight to playing it when I get the console set up, rather than waiting for 4 or 5 gig to download. Also means I can sell the game later if I want.
If it's digital it means I should be able to switch from COD to Forza with one voice command, and not have to get off my lazy backside and change disks.
Swings and roundabouts really!

I'll let the machine sort it's day one update out itself. It'd be nice to get it downloaded early to speed things along, but I can't be arsed with that.

Can't wait. 13 hours from now I'll be pulling my car into the big trading estate where Game is located, whilst scanning the area for ne'r-do-wells. (Those lads sat in that car. Have they paid for a One, or are they looking to mug someone? Good luck - I'll take on all four of you to protect my games console!)

Offline jman

« Reply #134 on: November 21, 2013, 11:26:11 AM »
The amazon bundle with Forza comes with a download code - so I imagine its the same.

I cant wait to try out the voice commands.. shouting out "Xbox - change my pants" - when I've been festering on the sofa for the next couple of days.. and "Xbox - make my dinner", "Xbox - iron my clothes".. to be fair, if you substitute Xbox with my missus name.. I'll probably get the same response lol.