https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Xbox One  (Read 104303 times)

Offline Late

Re: Xbox One
« Reply #135 on: November 21, 2013, 12:52:54 PM »
You're expecting the xbox to respond with "yet your own fucking dinner you lazy bastard"? ;)
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline Late

« Reply #136 on: November 21, 2013, 12:56:53 PM »
So it looks like there will be a 2GB update on day one.. you can do this before-hand by saving it to a USB stick to speed up the process - Instructions Here ...
Damnit.
As someone pointed out elsewhere, probably best to have that downloaded just in case. The servers might be a bit busy tomorrow.
So I went to the link (which was active earlier) but it's now been taken down :(
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #137 on: November 21, 2013, 04:32:24 PM »
Yup, and you can't do bugger all with the console until that update is done apparently. At least with the Wii U you could play a game whilst it downloads in the background. That's the price to pay for that 180 I guess, and well worth paying even though it's inconvenient.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Late

« Reply #138 on: November 22, 2013, 12:29:28 AM »
Looong queue. I'm ticket number 153. They're currently serving customer 112, so I should be out of here about 12.50 I reckon...

Offline jman

« Reply #139 on: November 22, 2013, 06:18:03 AM »
I can't sleep..and its my day off  ;D.. my X1 reached Reading service centre at 02:09am - its not with the courier for delivery yet.. I just wish they would hurry the fuck up already!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Can tell my F5 key is going to get a bit of a bashing today... hurry up!!!!!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edit : 8:30 - Parcels out for delivery  ;D ;D
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 08:25:21 AM by jman »

Offline Late

« Reply #140 on: November 22, 2013, 09:47:02 AM »
Got home with my console around 1.10am.
Setting it up went as smooth as you like, as did bringing over my gamertag etc.
The day one update was smaller than expected (varying reports said 1.2gb - 2.0gb but it was only 500mb) but it took about half an hour - I guess the servers are taking a bit of a hammering.

My copy of Forza is physical disk. I also bought COD on disk, and I have Lego Marvel ordered - but that won't be available for about a week. All disks appear to have a mandatory installation to HDD. I think the installation for Forza was about 5gb but I wasn't paying attention tbh - was busy buggering about with customising profile etc. You can't play the game straight away, but when it was partly installed (about 35%? rough guess (a few minutes) - again I was preoccupied so never paid attention to the game installation) it flashed up a message saying it's okay to play now and the rest will install in the background.
Played the first three races, but it was about 3.30am by then and my back was aching from the little bit of crawling around behind the tv - and from carrying the console, which is heavier than expected - so I decided to call it a night. I ejected the Forza disk and put the COD disk in to start that installing to HDD so that I'm good to go on both games tonight. I then got messages telling me to put the Forza disk back in as it was still installing. D'oh! Ah well, I'll sort it all out tonight.

I think I'll get a wall mount (or shelf) for the kinect. I have it in front of the tv at present, and it works okay - but having it further back against the wall will allow it to see more of the room.
Also need to have a play about with the hdmi-in options. Will probably feed my Sky in, but might feed in the media player instead.
Controller's good, but will take a bit of getting used to. The thumbsticks are smaller than on the 360, but have a great feel and grip to them. The feedback in the triggers is great. The bumpers and face buttons are fractionally off where they used to be, but I'll get used to them in no time.

Voice control is a bit iffy on occasion, early impression. Not sure if it's my accent, the room setup, my being a bit quiet because the family were asleep, or just me getting used to asking the right things, but a couple of times it did the wrong thing and a few times it didn't seem to recognise my commands at all.

Of course I only had a fairly quick play with it all, and it'll be a different story in a few days' time.

I can confirm, though, that saying "xbox on" and watching the console turn on and go to your personal homescreen is pretty much the most awesome thing ever.

Offline jman

« Reply #141 on: November 22, 2013, 09:49:46 AM »
Nice ... I'm still waiting.. and waiting... and waiting... annoyingly I have no ciggys and too scared to go down the shops to buy them  ;D

Offline Late

« Reply #142 on: November 22, 2013, 10:24:30 AM »
What a n00b. :P
Yesterday I got 100 cigs, three hundred cans of coke, a dozen tubes of pringles, and filled the car's petrol tank up.
A guy's gotta be prepared!*

*Says the guy who ran out of holidays a month or so back without realising. ;)

Offline jman

« Reply #143 on: November 22, 2013, 10:42:28 AM »
lmao..  ;D

Absolutely pointless taking a days holiday.. by the time I've got it, set it all up, gone and bought my games, come home and downloaded them.. it'll easily be going home time.

Parcel was received by the local delivery courier at 09:09 - and still I wait  :(

Offline Late

« Reply #144 on: November 22, 2013, 11:00:47 AM »
Absolutely pointless taking a days holiday.. by the time I've got it, set it all up, gone and bought my games, come home and downloaded them.. it'll easily be going home time.
Believe me, you don't want to be at work right now.
Being at home setting it all up through the day definitely beats getting home from work and making a start on it all at about 6pm.
And getting it set up doesn't really take all that long. 15 mins to unbox and plug it all in, then half an hour or so of mandatory day one download (while you pop down the shops - don't worry, you don't need to be there and click continue etc. throughout).
If the delivery driver turns up soon you could be up and running and playing games by lunchtime.

Offline harv

« Reply #145 on: November 22, 2013, 11:52:07 AM »
Oops, numerous reports of fucked Blu-Ray drives are coming in. :-\

All appear to be English consoles so far. :o
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline jman

« Reply #146 on: November 22, 2013, 12:14:04 PM »
Bored of watching the clock now.. most exciting part of my morning was when I got a chinky menu shoved through my letterbox

Offline jman

« Reply #147 on: November 22, 2013, 12:50:52 PM »
Wayhey.. 12:30 it turned up.. taken me 15 minutes to unbox it... and during the 5 minutes it took to box all the shit back up.. its already applied the update  :o

Time to set Fifa/KI download going and get down to GAME!!

I personally love the controller.. its the new king!

Offline Late

« Reply #148 on: November 22, 2013, 12:54:57 PM »
Congrats Kieron! :D

Can't believe how fast that update went for you. Are you wired directly into the Microsoft servers?
One of the lads I've been speaking with said he's just done his and it took 45 minutes.

One of the kids was around as I set it up last night, so I got her set up on the console too. (She couldn't remember her email addy and password from the xb360 so had to make a new account, but that's by-the-by.)
Anyways, when we were both set up we spent a while just farting around with voice controls - primarily "xbox, show my stuff" and watching it switch from my homepage to hers, and back again :D
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 01:01:45 PM by Late »

Offline jman

« Reply #149 on: November 22, 2013, 02:50:35 PM »
You didn't happen to pick the Hyundai Genesis with the flame design in Forza did you late??  Well I picked that car/design (mainly because I drive a Hyundai coupe myself).. and your drivatar I just raced against used the exact same one!!

You'll be pleased to know, I absolutely cained yours and everyone elses drivatar in my first race ;D ;D

I love next gen!!