https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Xbox One  (Read 104263 times)

Offline Late

Re: Xbox One
« Reply #150 on: November 22, 2013, 03:26:16 PM »
lol - yes indeed I did! About ten starter cars to pick from, each with dozens of designs, and we picked the exact same one, lol.
That's so cool it used my car and style for you to race against :D
Of course when I race you for real I'll kick your arse.
(Okay, probably not, as I'm not very good at driving games.)
I did come first in all three races I did - but I used rewind on two of them after major crashes... :-[

You got your console yet Kenny?
If memory serves you were getting the Forza pack from ShopTo?
A workmate of mine got the same pack from there, and it's being delivered between 3.16 and 4.16 this afternoon.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #151 on: November 22, 2013, 03:29:24 PM »
I'm looking forward to Project CARS when it gets released next year, should blow Forza and GT out of the water. Going to be interesting to see how the Wii U SKU compares to the PS4 and One SKUs in terms of eye candy too.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline jman

« Reply #152 on: November 22, 2013, 03:35:34 PM »
I feel for the poor sod who comes up against my drivatar... so many times I have just smashed my way round corners and stuff lol...

I've just finished the first championship.. finished 1st in all but one - I finished 3rd in that one.. but I had messed around with the assists/drivatar ability - and it took one race to get used to no assisted braking!!

Its only just finished installing (it took its sweet time), so I've just stuck DR3 in to install and will give that a whirl...

No email/message from Microsoft yet about my free KI.. but got several things queued up to download already.. I absolutely fucking love the fact I can hold my QR code up to Kinect (instead of having to input a code) to register my downloads and stuff.. its so cool.

I had tried the controller previously, but getting more to grips with it and I love it even more than the 360 controller.. its smaller, but feels so much better, rumble in the triggers - amazing.

Talking to your console as in "Xbox - do this" seems strange at first, but it is pretty quick and easier.. I think if you are having trouble with the voice recognition, its easy to just say xbox and pause for a sec for the (Stop Listening) box to come up - before you tell it what to do... to be honest, I had a few times where it didn't do what I said, but it seems to of sorted itself out now and besides me shouting out the wrong commands, its doing everything just dandy!

Offline Late

« Reply #153 on: November 22, 2013, 03:50:36 PM »
Hate that I'm sat at work. I've gotten bollock all done all day - I'm just keeping up to date with xbox news etc.!
Still - I won't let that stop me...

got several things queued up to download already...
Ditto. I've just been on the xbox One store on the office pc, and have told it to download Killer Instinct and Xbox Fitness to my console. Might as well get the machine doing some of this stuff while I'm out of the house :D

...I absolutely fucking love the fact I can hold my QR code up to Kinect (instead of having to input a code) to register my downloads and stuff.. its so cool.
I love the idea of that. Haven't actually tried it yet.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #154 on: November 22, 2013, 04:08:20 PM »
I'm guessing if I have no satellite, cable, freeview or set top box at all.. I cant hook my tv up via the xbox one ??  I guess it would be a bit silly to do that, but I'm just interested in how well it works

Offline Late

« Reply #155 on: November 22, 2013, 04:24:26 PM »
I haven't looked at setting up my TV options on the console at all yet. I did see the option last night, but swerved it at the time.
I don't think we have much functionality in the UK on that side of things, yet, so you're not missing much. You could possibly feed a freeview box into the HDMI-in if it's not doing anything else, but I doubt you'd get much benefit from doing so.
I'll be experimenting with mine over the weekend - will let you know how it goes. I plan on trying my little media player device, and my Sky+HD.
TBH I'm not expecting much. As far as I can see it's just putting an extra (completely unnecessary) middle-man into my set-up, but time will tell.

Offline jman

« Reply #156 on: November 22, 2013, 09:38:56 PM »
I absolutely shit myself in the first 10 minutes of Dead Rising 3... the first jump scene.. just was not expecting it at all... to be honest, I didn't play it for very long.. I will get some more time on it over the weekend... graphics are like high end 360 graphics - so nothing to shout about, but its certainly got tension to it already.

I love Forza 5 though, it is a piece of fucking beauty, the controller feedback is amazing and the drivatar stuff is brilliant.. cant believe its only tracking at an average of 82 on metacritic... its telling in the user reviews that pretty much everyone has given it a 9/10 or a 0 .. lol some people are too sad for words.

I'm also pretty impressed with Killer Instinct although I always have problems with the longevity of fighting games.. and with no actual campaign/story mode in it, I think this will struggle to stay in my recent played games.

Fifa 14.. is just fifa.. it looks pretty, it plays nicely.. but I bore it of way too easily..

Kinect Sports Rivals - I can see this being a LOT of fun when the full version releases, the wake racing in the demo plays really nicely - very much like waverace 64 with some nice graphics - and its great that I can play it sitting down, although my arms starting aching after about 2 go's on it.

I downloaded Xbox Fitness but haven't played it yet.. I decided to get a Play And Charge kit today instead of Zoo Tycoon - but that's going on my xmas list.

I cant seem to get "Xbox - On" working :(  lol - I just sound like a twat, sitting there trying to get it to work instead of using the controller - it is on the correct power mode  :-\
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 09:44:39 PM by jman »

Offline Late

« Reply #157 on: November 22, 2013, 09:42:50 PM »
Leaving a slight pause between 'Xbox' and your command worked well for me - expect when turning it on. A short 'Xbox on' works best for me.

Voice controls keep coming on without prompting on YouTube, which is very irritating.

Offline Late

« Reply #158 on: November 22, 2013, 10:37:59 PM »
 ... Can't ... Breathe ... Xbox ... Fitness ... Dying ...

Offline jman

« Reply #159 on: November 23, 2013, 08:40:38 AM »
I managed to get into the top 800 drivers on Alps Festival on Forza 5.. this is in my starting car too...  :o surprised myself there.. it was a nice lap but still.   Don't tell me you bought a mini late, last few times I've been playing Forza you've been driving around in a little mini cooper (with a Japanese style on it) - lol.

I wish I could call my Xbox something.. like Alan.. or Dave.. I get tired of saying Xbox all the time lol...

Wow I don't feel good this morning.. I forgot to eat properly yesterday.. all I ate was a bowl of cereal, a cookie and 2 mince pies, and I smoked way too much and drank way too much DC... woke up this morning with a pounding headache, a sore throat and a cough... well that's what I'm going to tell my boss on Monday anyway  ;) - honest guv'nor.

Offline Late

« Reply #160 on: November 23, 2013, 12:38:03 PM »
No, I've only got the Hyundai. Have only done the first tournament.

Started cod today. I'm still shit. New console, same me. :D
Pwned by people who've been playing it on last gen for a couple of weeks.

Offline AVFCRoss

« Reply #161 on: November 23, 2013, 01:08:06 PM »
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-16753-Xbox-One-Sells-Through-1-Million-Units-in-24-Hours.html

One matches the PS4 with 1 Million units in 24 hours.

The Wii U is doomed lol

Offline harv

« Reply #162 on: November 23, 2013, 02:10:11 PM »
The Wii U had a successful launch, it was the launch window and beyond that were dodgy due to its software drought. Super Mario 3D World should boost sales significantly and they have plenty lined up early next year to keep sales momentum after Christmas, including the sales beast that it Mario Kart 8. The Wii U is going to be fine.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Late

« Reply #163 on: November 23, 2013, 10:05:13 PM »
I want an "Xbox eject disk" option. Can't understand why it's not there.

Have got sky plugged into my HDMI in now - and I like it. It's nowhere near as good as it should be (ie how the yanks have it) but it means I can switch from game to app to TV. Can't control my Sky or bring up the TV guide with voice controls but it's limited functionality is still pretty cool - and means my Xbox will now be turned on whenever the TV is on.

Playing cod earlier (search and destroy, as always) I could snap or switch to TV between games or whilst waiting to respawn by simple voice controls.

Offline Late

« Reply #164 on: November 24, 2013, 02:48:32 PM »
Have slightly rejigged my Xbox One inputs, Harmony remote, etc.
I now have Sky+HD , Cyclone media player, and (a now totally defunct) Philips BD player all going into a 3-in-1 HDMI switcher, which goes into the Xbox One's HDMI-in.

If I press the "watch TV" activity button on my remote it powers on the TV, the Xbox One, and the Sky, and turns off everything else. TV at that point is on a large tile on the One's dashboard and can be full-screened with a voice command or a press of a button on the Xbox controller (though the controller would need to be turned on first). Could probably also be full-screened by gesture but I've not really played much with gesture controls yet.

If I press the "watch film" activity button (I use "watch film" as a catchall for watching TV and film from portable hard drive via Cyclone media player) it powers up the TV, the Xbox One, and the media player, and turns off everything else.

End result - whatever I'm doing the One is turned on and everything goes through it. Whether I'm watching telly or watching something I've downloaded I can instantly access any Xbox one function - be it playing games, browsing the internet, YouTube, Skype, or whatever. I've noticed no problems with latency etc.
Voice command over the tv and media player are pretty much limited to volume control (mute, volume up, volume down) - so just some limited control over the TV but no control over the satellite decoder/PVR nor the media player.
TV guide, changing channel, scrolling through hdd, fast forward etc are all done by remote control.

As mentioned above, the separate bluray player is fairly redundant now (though it does mean I can have a game disk and a bluray disk simultaneously accessible). I'm toying with getting rid of the bluray player and plugging in either my Xbox 360 or a ps3 (I don't have a ps3 but I'm tempted) to the third slot on my HDMI switcher.
Not sure if I can be logged in on the 360 and the One  simultaneously, but I'd imagine it's fine. Might get messy if I'm sent a message from another Xbox, mind, and try to display it on both the 360 and on the One it's feeding through.