https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Xbox One  (Read 104098 times)

Offline Late

Re: Xbox One
« Reply #165 on: November 24, 2013, 11:08:31 PM »
Still getting to grips with the new layout etc...

I have scanned the QR code in for my Day One achievement. Where can I actually see it? And how do I see it on my friends' profiles, if they have it?
Edit - turns out I hadn't put the code in correctly. Have rescanned it and it's showing fine now.

Also, what's the green circle above my gamerscore about? I have a green circle with a six in it. I've seen other numbers on other peoples' profiles but I've no idea what it's supposed to signify.
Edit - might be how many years of gold you've had.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 12:37:23 AM by Late »
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #166 on: November 25, 2013, 08:18:03 AM »
Yep looks like its xbox live tenure.. although personally I haven't even noticed it..

..wish I wasn't feeling so shit.. I've hardly had any time on the X1 this weekend... in the time I did have, I played a bit more of DR3 - the thing I hate with that game is that I just want to collect everything.. and always feel rushed with the time limit... I feel like I want to start the game again as I've already pissed up so much time up the wall just messing around... there seems to be shit loads of zombies this time around.. in one section I couldn't quite believe how many zombies they had on screen at once.. chucked a couple of grenades and killed a few hundred... there was still no way through though...then I realised I had to jump from car roof to car roof to get past... then I found a vehicle and absolutely smashed my way through hordes of zombies - its great fun.. but I feel rushed all the time.. I love and hate playing Dead Rising at the same time, its a weird feeling.

Realised that Ultimate Team on Fifa this year allows single player seasons - which is great.. about time they introduced that.. to be honest, I get so sick of playing Be A Pro on Fifa.. its nice that there's a half decent single player alternative now.

Managed to stream some stuff from my pc to the X1 the other day too, there isn't an app available to do this via the X1 at the moment, so I was worried I wouldn't be able to do this, but if you have Windows Media Centre on your pc, you can just stream the files directly to the device.  I need to sort out my notifications, I don't seem to get any popups when friends come online, plus I set my colour as Blue.. and I don't like the fact the achievements come up in the colour you pick.. just my OCD, but I'm picking green tonight so it looks the same as the 360  ;D  Will probably play a bit of Forza tonight if you fancy testing out an online game late?

Offline Late

« Reply #167 on: November 25, 2013, 09:44:06 AM »
I'm up for it, mate.
I'll be showing as online all evening and into the early hours, but the wife and kids will be watching telly for much of that.
Best for me is between 6.00 and 7.30 and then any time after about 10.30. (If you're only available in that intervening time message me and I'll get the wife to go hoover the oven or something ;) )
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #168 on: November 25, 2013, 11:41:18 AM »
I usually get to play between 4:30 - 7ish.. sometimes later depending on what time the missus gets home.. I think she said she'll be home before 6 today.. but similarly, I can get mine to go iron something for a while.. I'll be having a fairly early night tonight I reckon as I feel like shit, so if you can get on between 6:00-7:30, just set up a party/session and invite me in.

Offline Late

« Reply #169 on: November 25, 2013, 02:46:37 PM »
Will do.
Our lass is usually home before me, but it's stock-take at her work today so she has to stop back a while. :D
(Either that or she's having an affair with her boss. Either way, she's out of the way for a while so it's all good.)

Ordered a second controller today. Still a bit more than I wanted to pay, but greenmangaming's £39.99 is the best price around (aside from a possible deal at "24studio" - which I avoided due to bad customer feedback).

Offline harv

« Reply #170 on: November 25, 2013, 03:52:59 PM »
I'm up for it, mate.
I'll be showing as online all evening and into the early hours, but the wife and kids will be watching telly for much of that.
Best for me is between 6.00 and 7.30 and then any time after about 10.30. (If you're only available in that intervening time message me and I'll get the wife to go hoover the oven or something ;) )

That's where a GamePad comes in handy. Not a big deal for me because I live on my own but people with a wife and kids on otherdforums are loving the Off-TV Play feature.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline harv

« Reply #171 on: November 26, 2013, 06:11:41 PM »
Dat next-generation crowd in Forza 5 :o

They would have been better off with either no crowd at all or having poly models. What an odd (and shite) design decision. :-\

The rest of the game looks amazing too.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline Late

« Reply #172 on: November 26, 2013, 06:37:08 PM »
Yeah, it's not great. ;D  That said, you rarely get near the crowds nor go slow enough to see them. You can see he's in photo mode there, and has contrived to get as close to the crowd as possible, plus he's used zoom - and of course he's used the most extreme example of character duplication he could find, to emphasise his point.
Definitely not ideal though.

Offline harv

« Reply #173 on: November 26, 2013, 07:59:36 PM »
Yup, he did precede that one with two fantastic screenshots so he was just having a bit of a laugh but there's no way that a game with that sort of budget behind it should look like that. The Producer should have known full well that this sort of quality isn't gooddenough.

Killzone is looking absolutely gobsmackingly good in terms of eye candy. Killzone and Super Mario 3D World are definitely the best two games featured in the next-generation screenshots thread so far, although to be fair Microsoft's inexplicable decision not to have a screenshot tool for the One isn't doing it any favours, nor is their dodgy upscaler either. The crushed blacks and sharpness filter isn't doing One screenshots any favours at all for those few people that have a capture card.

Offline Late

« Reply #174 on: December 09, 2013, 02:22:12 PM »
Peggle 2 bought. Hopefully it's downloading now. (I'm at work.)

£9.99 on the UK marketplace
It's $11.99 Stateside, which is about £7.35 sterling, or £8.82 including VAT, so we're only paying about a quid more than the yanks.

1.72 GB, so shouldn't take too long to download.

Offline Late

« Reply #175 on: December 09, 2013, 03:29:35 PM »
Urgh @ naive folk bricking their xb One consoles after following some advice on 4chan...

bbc

Offline jman

« Reply #176 on: December 09, 2013, 03:48:50 PM »
Peggle 2 bought. Hopefully it's downloading now. (I'm at work.)

£9.99 on the UK marketplace
It's $11.99 Stateside, which is about £7.35 sterling, or £8.82 including VAT, so we're only paying about a quid more than the yanks.

1.72 GB, so shouldn't take too long to download.

Nice, will pick that up later  ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #177 on: December 09, 2013, 06:27:10 PM »
Urgh @ naive folk bricking their xb One consoles after following some advice on 4chan...

bbc

Yup, can't believe anyone would be that stupid tbh...but Microsoft should never have shipped consoles in that state tbh, expect a firmware update to lock that out soon.

Offline Late

« Reply #178 on: December 09, 2013, 11:25:49 PM »
Peggle's great - but has randomly rebooted a few times. Keeps game progress (other than the level I'm on) but just goes to Xbox Home... :/

Offline harv

« Reply #179 on: December 10, 2013, 12:00:46 AM »
Online integration for consoles is one of the worst things to happen in the industry in a way. Years ago releasing a game with Class A bugs was unthinkable but now it's common practice. :(

I've crashed The Last Of Us twice so far and had to restart the game once too, which technically is a Class B bug but whenever I added them to the database I always bunged them in as a Class A because having to restart the game is just as bad as a crash imo. Most Leads agree with it, some don't.