https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Xbox One  (Read 104093 times)

Offline harv

Re: Xbox One
« Reply #210 on: January 07, 2014, 09:50:44 PM »
Flipping flipper.. Microsoft say they sold 3 million consoles worldwide in 2013... PS4 probably more... what was the Wii U total to beat ??

Told you it would be less than 6 months harv  ;)

PS4 has sold 4.2m, the Wii U should be around 5m. We'll find out at the end of the month during Nintendo's investor's meeting. But you've got to remember that sales for both the PS4 and One will drop like a stone these next few months whereas the sales of the Wii U will get a boost in February and probably April/May due to the releases of Donkey Kong and Mario Kart 8.

There also has to be something on the way before the end of the financial year that we're unaware of behind the sales forecasts of Iwata (9m) and Patcher (6m).
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline jman

« Reply #211 on: January 08, 2014, 09:12:00 AM »
Sorry, was that a "yes you were right"?  :P

I'd expect X1 and PS4 sales to slow, naturally but with some really strong launch window titles still to release, they won't slow down that much

Offline harv

« Reply #212 on: January 08, 2014, 10:33:25 AM »
No, you're not right. As I've said, Nintendo have a secret Megaton to unleash - we'll probably have it announced at the end of the month and if it's a Wii U Pokemon then that combined with China ending their video game ban will have consoles flying off shelves. China's change in policy can't be the reason why those two sales forecasts are so high, it has to be Pokemon.

Probably a good time to buy Nintendo shares, they've already gone up in value since the ban ended (as did Sony and Microsoft shares, just not as much as Nintendo who already have a decent foothold in that market) but if they release Pokemon Wii U over there with collectible NFC cards/figurines, people over there would go fucking INSANE :o :o :o
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline harv

« Reply #213 on: January 08, 2014, 10:39:18 AM »
And those sales forecasts would bring the installed userbase to 9m/12m which would mean it will take longer for the PS4 and One to catch up even before you take the sales boost that Mario Kart 8 will give the Wii U probably at the beginning of the next financial year, and what's likely to be SSBU released before next Black Friday and Christmas.

Offline Late

« Reply #214 on: January 08, 2014, 12:00:07 PM »
Of course the Wii U's 2014 line-up looks exciting compared to it's rivals - because Donkey Kong, Mario Kart, Pokemon, and Super Smash Bros are much more mouthwatering than Titanfall, Infamous Second Son, The Order 1886, Destiny, Halo 5, Witcher 3, Dying Light, The Evil Within, Daylight, No Man's Sky, Driveclub, The Crew, The Walking Dead, Tom Clancy's The Division, Dark Souls 2, Dragon Age Inquisition, Metal Gear Solid Ground Zero and The Witness (to name but a few of the fantastic looking titles coming out in 2014 but not making it to the Wii U)...

Wake up, Harv. The U's getting mauled.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #215 on: January 08, 2014, 01:45:20 PM »
Those 4 titles combined will probably outsell those titles you've listed combined. Pokemon in particular is going to be huge when it happens. And once the Wii U's installed userbase is boosted by Donkey Kong, Pokemon and Mario Kart 8 you'll see the third party support growing.

I'm 100% certain that we're going to see Pokemon released before the end of the financial year and the effect that's going to have on sales is going to be ridiculous. I can also see a 3DS companion app coming too.

Offline Late

« Reply #216 on: January 08, 2014, 03:35:40 PM »
Last month's survey results are in.
100 people were polled...

Q1 - Do you know what the Wii U is?
.......... 22 Yes, I'm sure I know what it is.
.......... 78 No, I'm not sure what it is

Q2 - The Wii U is a console, and is not the same thing as a Wii. If you answered yes to the above question would it be fair to say you got it wrong, and didn't really know what the Wii U is?
.......... 15 Yes, I was mistaken. Thought I knew what it was, but turns out I didn't.
.......... 7 No, I really knew.

Q3 - Which of the following games are you most likely to purchase? (You may only pick one.)
.......... 4 Mario Kart 8
.......... 31 Titanfall
.......... 5 Pokemon
.......... 15 Dark Souls 2
.......... 28 Infamous Second Son
.......... 17 Don't know/not interested

Q4 - Have you bought a console in the last 18 months?
.......... 43 Yes
.......... 57 No

Q5 - If you answered yes to Q4, which console did you buy?
.......... 8 Xbox One
.......... 11 Xbox 360
.......... 9 Playstation 4
.......... 13 Playstation 3
.......... 1 Wii U
.......... 0 Wii
.......... 4 Other
(total 46 rather than 43 expected as several people bought more than one console in the last 18 months)

Q6 - Which console are you most likely to buy in the next 18 months?
.......... 28 Xbox One
.......... 16 Xbox 360
.......... 32 Playstation 4
.......... 13 Playstation 3
.......... 1 Wii U
.......... 0 Wii
.......... 11 Other
.......... 44 I'm unlikely to buy a console in the next 18 months.
(total 145 rather than 100 expected as several people anticipate buying two or more consoles in the next 18 months)

Q7 - At what point will the xbox One and the Playstation 4 both overtake the Wii U's sales worldwide?
.......... 33 Between January and March 2014
.......... 45 Between April and December 2014
.......... 3 Not until 2015
.......... 1 They'll never be able to catch up
.......... 18 Haven't they already overtaken it?

Q8 - Is Pokemon the gayest thing ever?
.......... 5 No
.......... 88 Yes
.......... 7 What's a Pokemon? Definitely sounds gay, at any rate.

Q9 - Is Harv a mental fanboy with a curious fascination with gay sex, pensionable women, and a toddler's games console?
.......... 3 No
.......... 97 Yes

Q10 - How much would you pay for a Wii U?
.......... 5 I'd happily pay over £100 for one
.......... 73 I'd buy one if they were less than £100
.......... 5 I wouldn't have one if they were free
.......... 17 I have no idea what you're talking about.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #217 on: January 08, 2014, 04:08:51 PM »
I would just like to point out that I have never played and probably never will play a Pokemon game, and it's only been recently that I've found out what the fuck a Pokemon is. That isn't going to stop it printing money for Nintendo and selling a shitload of home console hardware. ;)

Offline jman

« Reply #218 on: January 10, 2014, 11:18:39 PM »
Spent a few hours yesterday (and today) pissing around with the car customization in Forza 5 - it really is quite powerful... I created a Mighty Ducks themed car and put it up to share, to be honest, I could of spent ages doing more bits to it, but I got a bit bored and just finished it off instead... I'm gonna start messing around with the upload studio tomorrow as I haven't really used that much yet and see if I can capture a short video to post on here of it.

Edit :

Pictures - unfortunately taken from my camera phone and edited in paint - totally unsure how to save a picture in Forza 5 and be able to share that - I don't think you can..

Video - so I managed to save 2 clips - one of a replay of me racing, and one of me showcasing the car in my garage - used "Xbox Record That" commands - although I could of also snapped Upload Studio and started and ended the clip as and when I wanted.  So went into Upload Studio after I had saved two clips (I had to delete tons of shitty Peggle 2 clips - I see they have sorted that bug now as well btw)... and went to edit my first clip, chose Picture in Picture, set my showcase as the second clip and hit Upload - it really was as simple as that - so I was very impressed with that.

http://tinypic.com/r/nyv1w4/5

« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 09:22:39 AM by jman »

Offline jman

« Reply #219 on: January 13, 2014, 09:05:09 AM »
2 months until Titanfall...  ;D ;D

I'm not sure if I will buy another retail game before then..still got plenty of life in Forza 5 and Dead Rising 3.. in fact I really need to stop playing Forza 5 and get back into Dead Rising 3 - I've barely played it since I got it.. will make some time for it this week most definitely.

Offline Late

« Reply #220 on: January 13, 2014, 11:16:26 AM »
Nice paint job, Kieron!

Really looking forward to Titanfall. Was surprised to hear teams are capped at 6v6, but it's impossible to cast judgement until you've played it. It's possible for everyone to be operating Titans simultaneously, and with a dozen or more titans raining destruction I imagine things will be a bit busy.
Looks absolutely outstanding.

Offline Late

« Reply #221 on: January 17, 2014, 11:20:43 AM »
Probably a good time to buy Nintendo shares...
Yeah... I'd be selling them pretty sharpish, tbh...

Offline harv

« Reply #222 on: January 17, 2014, 11:43:54 AM »
Yup, Iwata has just revised Nintendo's sales forecast from 9m to 2.8m. :o

So no Wii U Pokemon before the end of the FY by the looks of it. Not sure how they're going to turn this around tbh, Donkey Kong and Mario Kart 8 should boost sales a bit though.

Time to get rid of Iwata I think.

Offline jman

« Reply #223 on: January 17, 2014, 12:53:00 PM »
Sorry, was that a "yes you were right"?  :P

Offline harv

« Reply #224 on: January 17, 2014, 01:29:52 PM »
Nope, not yet. Me not being sure how they're going to turn things around doesn't mean they won't. ;)

The Wii U hasn't been out for long after all.