https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Xbox One  (Read 104138 times)

Offline Late

Re: Xbox One
« Reply #225 on: January 21, 2014, 12:35:22 PM »
Dead Rising got a patch last night, apparently.
A staggering 13gb! THIRTEEN GIG! (11gb of that actually overwrites part of your previous installation, so your used HDD should only actually grow by 2gb.)

On the bright side, you won't need to boot up the console and/or game to start the download, and then wait ages for it. If you have the game then the patch should've automatically downloaded and installed itself while your console was in standby overnight. Which is canny stuff, really.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #226 on: January 21, 2014, 01:16:36 PM »
Canny..? That's normal for this gen, even the Wii U does that :o :P
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline jman

« Reply #227 on: January 21, 2014, 02:43:30 PM »
Yep, I noticed that patch yesterday, took a while to install and I went and played something else instead and didn't come back to it.. but started playing it again today and its a great game, the only niggle for me is the map is getting slightly monotonous now, its just annoying that certain roads are blocked meaning there are sometimes only one or two ways to get to 1 of the 4 areas in the game meaning you have to go the same way every time... the rollerhawg is so awesome though!!

Offline Late

« Reply #228 on: January 21, 2014, 03:28:33 PM »
Canny..? That's normal for this gen, even the Wii U does that :o :P

The U downloads all the latest patches for all of your games, even if you've not played the game in years, and possibly sold it a year ago?
Wow. That massive hard drive must come in handy!
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #229 on: January 21, 2014, 03:34:06 PM »
And I think the PS4 does the same too, doesn't it..? Like I said, not very canny. ;)
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline Late

« Reply #230 on: February 02, 2014, 10:39:46 PM »
I mentioned somewhere on these forums that I was having some problems with an Xbox code.

I bought a £40 code from Game (for £24 - price error) and scanned it in (qr). It said my balance was increasing £40 - but my balance never actually went up. Checked the wife & kids' accounts but they all had nil balances - and I was the only person home when I scanned the code in anyway so it could only go onto my account.
After 9 days I've finally got it resolved. Microsoft today confirmed it had gone onto the wife's account. God only know how that happened. Most odd. I'm positive it wasn't there when I checked last week, but it's there now. And Microsoft have bumped my own balance up by £30* to say sorry. Very nice result, all in all.
Just wish I could transfer the credit from her account to mine. Not sure what to do with £40 credit on hers. Had a look around at the marketplace and there's not much on there - and what there is is mainly £50. Will probably just leave it there a couple of months, see what comes up. And like I say - I can't complain. I paid £24 and got £70 credit.
Nice one Microsoft :D

*They actually told me that were giving me £40 but they gave me €40 in error. Works out at about £30. I'll take it!

Offline jman

« Reply #231 on: February 03, 2014, 10:01:59 AM »
nice.. could never complain about MS customer service to be honest, they were great when my 360's broke.. the only niggle would be for them to have uk based call centres instead of indian, but its the norm for most companies nowadays

Offline jman

« Reply #232 on: February 17, 2014, 12:18:42 PM »
Got the new OS update the other day, lets you see how much storage you have left, controller battery and a whole load of other stuff.. I've already used 32% of my storage up  :o

I wish they would sort achievements out, its such a pain checking achievements compared to the 360 and its not instant either which is another annoyance.  Its stupid that I cant check my xb1 achievements online without using smartglass either.

Don't know if they have sorted the friend list stuff out, but notifications of new messages and also if I have friends online when I turn my xb1 on are an absolutely necessity  :(

Offline harv

« Reply #233 on: February 17, 2014, 06:30:00 PM »
Most importantly, they've thrown that awful sharpening filter in the bin. Still not the best scaler in the world, the colours are still shite but it's a big improvement apparently. Whoever thought that filter was a great idea needs shooting. :-\

Offline Late

« Reply #234 on: February 18, 2014, 04:19:14 PM »
Microsoft have today announced that they're reducing the price of Ryse from £49.99 to £34.99.
Looks like the price is due to go up again in a week's time, so it's hard to gauge whether this is a one-off promotion or possibly the start of something a bit more widespread. Either way, it's a nice price cut - though I doubt I'll be getting it myself. Doesn't really appeal to me. (Might give it a look if I see it for about £20 later in the year, but that doesn't seem likely tbh.)

twitter

Offline Late

« Reply #235 on: February 24, 2014, 04:47:34 PM »
To those who say you can't get 1080p on the xbox One:

Offline jman

« Reply #236 on: February 24, 2014, 05:26:07 PM »
Shall I get your coat?  ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #237 on: February 24, 2014, 07:34:52 PM »
lmfao ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline jman

« Reply #238 on: February 27, 2014, 03:06:04 PM »
Don't forget to fill in this months survey on http://rewards.xbox.com/ for 250 points.. I missed the last few.. but nearing my first 5000 deposit.. it only equates to £3.35 (which makes filling out a survey worth about 17p) but any saving is a saving and to be honest, I got most of my points from playing new games.. 1000 points for playing a new game for 10 hours in the first month of its release - I don't mind getting paid for my hobby  :D

Offline Late

« Reply #239 on: February 27, 2014, 04:21:48 PM »
I guess you got the same email I did.
I got some email this morning reminding me about the rewards scheme, and completed the survey for the 250 points (having not done one in months). I'm currently showing as 4650 points, but that doesn't seem to include 250 from today's survey, so am pretty close to my first reward.

31/12/13 - MyAchievements – Legend Rebate - 400 Credits (Pending)
19/09/13 - Played New Game Release - 1,000 Credits (Pending)
02/09/13 - Completed September Survey - 250 Credits (Pending)
26/08/13 - Renewed 12-month Xbox Live Gold membership - 3,000 Credits (Pending)

Not sure what the "played new game" reward was in September. I guess I didn't play Forza enough for the reward (sounds about right - I probably only played about 2 hours). Must've played dozens of hours of COD in November - no reward there. I wonder if the month started when it came out on last gen platforms, because I'm sure I must have played well over ten hours in the first month after the game's release on xb1.
Fingers crossed for reward points soon for Rayman Legends, Thief, and Titanfall.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 04:27:40 PM by Late »