https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Xbox One  (Read 104216 times)

Offline jman

Re: Xbox One
« Reply #255 on: May 20, 2014, 01:37:51 PM »
I'd rather they did an anniversary edition of Halo 2 than repackage Halo 1-4 into one collection set.. maybe jumping the gun, but I'd be sure that if it was a collection then there wont be any multiplayer... and I was really psyched to play Halo 2 MP again...

Should be seeing a patch to enable extra storage with a HD soon - that will be good - you just knew as soon as Microsoft and Sony announced the sizes of the internal hard-drive - it wasn't going to be enough... apparently Wolfenstein is a big bastard too, so I could hit half-way through my limit by tonight  :-\

Offline Late

« Reply #256 on: May 20, 2014, 01:56:56 PM »
I love the idea of the Master Chief Collection (Halo 1-4).
No official word on it, yet, but rumour has it there'll be the four campaigns, plus one multiplayer mode featuring the best maps from all four games.
That'd be pretty bloody awesome.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #257 on: May 20, 2014, 02:58:21 PM »
Meh, we'll see what happens.. either way I'm all over it.. I've still got all my Halo games on disc  8)

Offline Late

« Reply #258 on: May 20, 2014, 03:45:39 PM »
I just hope it's at the standard price.
I have an awful feeling the rumours about Halo 2 Anniversary and the rumours about Halo Master Chief Collection might both relate to the same project - being a standard "Halo 2 Anniversary" for £50, with a "Master Chief edition" (which includes Halo 1-4) being £100 or something.
In which case they won't be seeing any of my money.

If it's all four games for £40-£50 I'm in, though.

Some might argue it's a rip off to pay that for such old games (bearing in mind the second is ten years old this year), but I'm happy to see old games come to the current generation - preferably with a polish, but I'm happy to replay them as they originally were.
Would love to see Portal, Half Life, and Bioshock get similar treatments.

EDIT - ah, I do love a good pun...
Have just seen a piece on these rumours, with the headline "Remaster Chief".  ;D
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 03:51:14 PM by Late »
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #259 on: May 20, 2014, 04:36:13 PM »
Hang on, I thought The Master Chief Collection was games 1-4 given the Halo Anniversary treatment..? So they're going to release the Collection, Halo 2 Anniversary and Halo 5..? A bit pointless for Microsoft to work on the Collection if they're not going to spruce the games up a bit, isn't it..? :-\

And aren't they overdoing things a bit with so many Halo games in one go..? :o
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Late

« Reply #260 on: May 20, 2014, 05:44:39 PM »
Nobody knows what the master chief collection is. In fact Microsoft haven't even announced it. It's just a rumour. But a VERY strong rumour...

Offline harv

« Reply #261 on: May 20, 2014, 06:54:41 PM »
Oh right. Fair enough. Has Halo 2 Anniversary been confirmed yet or is that another rumour..?

It would make A LOT more sense to either release separate Anniversary games with updated eye candy or just release them in the Collection, in one great value package deal.

I can't see them doing both tbh. :-\
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline jman

« Reply #262 on: May 21, 2014, 07:53:05 AM »
Nothings been confirmed yet...

But seeing as its Halo 2's 10 year anniversary in November this year.. it would make sense that if they are going to release an anniversary edition - it would be this year.

The rumour is the master collection - the games would all be HD versions - not like the anniversary editions where all the graphical textures are rebuilt...  But it wont include Reach or ODST - therefore it wont be a complete collection in my eyes.. ODST maybe just a side extra, but Reach certainly wasn't.

I'm quite happy with one or both separately.. be a bit silly to release them together I think - but this is Microsoft we are talking about  ;D

Looks like I finally got my 600 credits rebate for Trials - at last.. on 4500 credits now.. 2 more surveys.. and that £2.50 is mine!! YES!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Most played game this month (you guessed it) - TITANFALL
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 07:59:07 AM by jman »

Offline Late

« Reply #263 on: May 21, 2014, 09:51:09 AM »
Yeah, you won't be surprised to hear Titanfall was my most played game of the month, too, lol.

I added a year's gold to my account a day or two back. Runs out at the end of Sept, so I added 12 months.
That should boost my reward points by 3000 - though I see you don't actually get the rewards for that until your current membership ends and your new membership kicks in, so I won't get those until Sept.

I also stuck £50 credit onto my account (bought for £39 from cdkeys. Got the 12m Gold there, too, for £24) so I'm all set if there's any bargains when the Deals With Gold initiative starts next month.

Offline Late

« Reply #264 on: May 21, 2014, 03:51:27 PM »
June update for Xbox One:

majornelson

Includes:
External hard drives (any generic usb drives over 256gb, and you can set default storage as either drive - and easily move stuff from one to the other)
Real names (can allow people on your friends list to see your name, rather than just their gamertag)
Smartglass improvements (including tv remote, drap&drop your home icons, and twitch notifications)

Offline jman

« Reply #265 on: May 21, 2014, 03:57:55 PM »
Yeah, just saw that..

Have to say they are getting there... making the xb1 behave exactly like the 360  ;D ;D  (With a few extra improvements thrown in for good measure of course.)

Does look good for Xb1 owners that you are seeing visible improvements each month - there's still a fair few things I'm not happy about - the fact I cant use it as a media centre is one.. the achievements app is still way too slow as another

Offline Late

« Reply #266 on: May 21, 2014, 04:27:22 PM »
...there's still a fair few things I'm not happy about...

Reminds me...
Are your blurays all playing fine?
I've been having problems with them lately.
Bought a new film yesterday and the disk wasn't recognised. (Was brand new, and spotless - and worked fine in my stand-alone BD player.) So I tried a few older films, all of which I'm sure I've watched on the xbox One in recent months, and only 3 of the 9 worked.
I tried powering off at the wall, and I tried uninstalling/reinstalling the bluray app, but it didn't seem to make any difference.
Not sure if it's a faulty unit, or possibly related to an update (either general release or "preview"). Have reported it to Microsoft.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 04:30:07 PM by Late »

Offline harv

« Reply #267 on: May 21, 2014, 04:33:49 PM »
Is there really any need for a 'media centre' these days..? Most people these days have a shitload of devices that play music, video etc

I've never understood people wanting to use a game console for playing anything but games, although to be fair I do use mine for Netflix and LoveFilm too these days.

Offline Late

« Reply #268 on: May 21, 2014, 04:35:33 PM »

Offline Late

« Reply #269 on: May 21, 2014, 07:32:02 PM »
...there's still a fair few things I'm not happy about...

Reminds me...
Are your blurays all playing fine?
I've been having problems with them lately.
Bought a new film yesterday and the disk wasn't recognised. (Was brand new, and spotless - and worked fine in my stand-alone BD player.) So I tried a few older films, all of which I'm sure I've watched on the xbox One in recent months, and only 3 of the 9 worked.
I tried powering off at the wall, and I tried uninstalling/reinstalling the bluray app, but it didn't seem to make any difference.
Not sure if it's a faulty unit, or possibly related to an update (either general release or "preview"). Have reported it to Microsoft.

Ugh. Checked my game disks, and it turns out some of those won't work now either.