https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Xbox One  (Read 104131 times)

Offline jman

Re: Xbox One
« Reply #270 on: May 21, 2014, 08:06:01 PM »
Had no problems at all mate, doesn't sound good  :-\

Offline harv

« Reply #271 on: May 21, 2014, 11:18:23 PM »
I think a few people had a problem with DREs soon after launch if I remember correctly..? Good job it's still in warranty!
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Late

« Reply #272 on: May 22, 2014, 09:28:31 AM »
I don't recall having any multimillionaire rappers round my house in recent weeks.

They're a pain in the arse, this generation, aren't they.
First Snoop is linked with your Kinect, and now Dre's knacking up the bluray drives? What next? Eminem's gonna pop round and break my controller? Tupac's gonna start haunting my hard drive?

Fuck you, Microsoft, with your obvious West Coast associations!

(What's a DRE?)
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #273 on: May 22, 2014, 11:55:56 AM »
Can download Powerstar Golf for free (for some reason) on Xbox One ->

Link

Just downloaded myself.

Actually I wouldn't bother.. reports are coming in that the game has gone F2P - so this is basically just a glorified demo and you have to buy the courses :-\
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 12:00:59 PM by jman »

Offline harv

« Reply #274 on: May 22, 2014, 02:57:28 PM »
Disc Read Error ;)

Usually down to a faulty lens, PS2s were always getting them during the 6th generation.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline Late

« Reply #275 on: May 22, 2014, 03:13:12 PM »
Ah!  lol ;D
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline Late

« Reply #276 on: May 29, 2014, 10:43:04 AM »
Bit the bullet, and contacted MS about my faulty console.
Was talking to them on webchat last night, and she got me to reset MAC address stuff, unplug everything for a couple of minutes, plug everything back in, etc. Still no joy.
Been putting it off, because I don't want to go a few weeks without a console, waiting for it to be repaired/replaced.

Needn't have worried, though. They're sending me a new console, and I'll return to them the faulty one after I've received the new one.
Nice service, that.

Offline jman

« Reply #277 on: May 29, 2014, 11:10:29 AM »
Needn't have worried, though. They're sending me a new console, and I'll return to them the faulty one after I've received the new one.
Nice service, that.

Result!  Best to get it done whilst it is in warranty.

Is there really any need for a 'media centre' these days..? Most people these days have a shitload of devices that play music, video etc

Well I can stream stuff directly to my tv (or X1) from the WMC on the pc because they are all on the same network.. except it doesn't seem to stream everything I used to be able to watch on the 360 with it's built in media centre.. its weird.. the files are normal AVI's and MP4's and some work, some don't.. could be a codec issue but they seem to play ok when I use the 360 or the pc.  Since I've moved the 360 and disconnected it from the network its a right pain in the ass when stuff no longer plays.

And yes, not having to buy a separate Blu-ray player/dvd player/media streamer/console is handy - part of the reason I bought an Xb1 was the fact it could do everything the 360 can do plus more.

Offline Late

« Reply #278 on: May 29, 2014, 12:59:32 PM »
Had some weird font thing on my xbox recently.
Seems it was from the last beta (and has been corrected now that I've moved onto the June beta).

Not annoying - just weird. In fact, I quite like it, lol

(I don't think I'm breaking the NDA by posting that, as it related to the May update, and the official May update has now gone live to everyone!)

Offline Late

« Reply #279 on: June 02, 2014, 02:23:13 PM »
After speaking to Microsoft on Thursday morning, I got an email saying my xbox would be shipped within the next two working days, and that I'll get an email when it's dispatched.
Still no email received, so I've just phoned MS to see what's happening - as I need to make sure someone's home to take delivery. Quite unlike them to take so long to dispatch. They said within 2 working days but I kinda expected it to be dispatched that same day...

After several minutes on the phone it turns out the console was dispatched on Thurs 29th, they've no idea why I didn't get my dispatch email, and it was delivered at about 10 o'clock this morning. I felt like a right dozy tw@t.
You'd think the wife would bloody let me know it'd been delivered! Dizzy tart. I'd be blasting her on the phone right now, but I know she's working 12.00-6.00 today.

Anyway, good result that it's been delivered. :D

Offline harv

« Reply #280 on: June 02, 2014, 04:55:01 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D

Offline Late

« Reply #281 on: June 03, 2014, 01:52:32 AM »
Yay - I can play blurays again.

Have installed the bluray app and titanfall. Titanfall took about six or seven hours to download which is a bit weird. Only took about an hour on launch day. Might take some time to get everything installed.

Offline jman

« Reply #282 on: June 04, 2014, 09:31:23 AM »
Looks like the Games With Gold offer for June is now active for the X1

Offline Late

« Reply #283 on: June 04, 2014, 10:02:36 AM »
Oh nice. Will have to check it out tonight :D
Was knackered last night so didn't really put the xbox on (well it's always on when the tv's on, but you know what I mean) so I haven't progressed with Titanfall (still on gen 9) and I haven't installed anything other than Titanfall, Youtube, and BluRay Player.

I'm intrigued by the new "Brazil Now" app. Don't think it's available yet, and it probably won't bring much to the table, but it's nice that footy is getting some attention from Microsoft rather than just the usual American sports.
For those who haven't heard of it, it's an app you can install that will pop up alerts about goals, and other news from the World Cup. You can also have it in "snap" mode (which uses about a quarter of your screen) where it'll display live stats etc.
Like I say, it might not actually be all that good, as your usual tv providers will keep everyone up to date with anything you need to know anyway, but it's great to see they're getting into the footy and you never know - it might be really good.

Offline jman

« Reply #284 on: June 04, 2014, 10:24:08 AM »
Yeah I heard about "Brazil Now" and would of definitely used it - but since my tv has built-in freeview and I have no satellite or cable.. I can't get any of the tv stuff working with my X1  :(

I think the Oneguide is coming soon (or might of been included in the June pre-update) which looks to work really well with Kinect.