https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Xbox One  (Read 104274 times)

Offline jman

Re: Xbox One
« Reply #300 on: July 28, 2014, 09:08:32 PM »
Quite happy with Crimson Dragon... I have very fond memories of playing Panzer Dragoon on the old Saturn.   Haven't even heard of Strike Suit Zero.. but will give it a go either way.

Offline jman

« Reply #301 on: July 30, 2014, 08:32:20 AM »
EA just announced EA Access - a subscription service for the Xbox One which allows users to play older EA titles for $4.99 a month.. or $29.99 per year.. only 4 titles included so far - Fifa 14, Madden NFL 25, Peggle 2 and Battlefield 4

Plus you get digitial discounts on newer games (10%) and trial access to newer games before the launch.

Sounds good.. the pricing is decent which is the main thing.. if they can add a few decent titles to the service - I'd definitely give it a go on a monthly basis.

Link

Offline Late

« Reply #302 on: July 30, 2014, 08:46:48 AM »
Nice initiative, that.
I do worry, though, that we might end up in a situation where it seems normal to pay monthly fees to Microsoft, EA, Activision, Ubisoft, and a few others.

And whilst the scheme seems okay now, I'm not sure where it's headed. If they don't include access to their latest game people will buy that game. And then in a year's time when that game is added to those that subscribers get are you going to keep your subs going?

Time will tell. At present and in the short term it just means more options, and that's rarely a bad thing. Choice is good.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #303 on: July 30, 2014, 05:31:55 PM »
Strike Suit Zero could be worth a go. Not sure about the other one. Was hoping for something like Zoo Tycoon or Ryse, but can't complain.

EA Access looks like it might be good value, but this is EA we're talking about... I'll probably subscribe just to try BF4, and surely they'll add Plants vs Zombies and NFS Rivals soon as they've both been out a while.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 05:34:46 PM by ancelotti »

Offline Late

« Reply #304 on: August 11, 2014, 09:28:09 AM »
Had a go on Crimson Dragoon last week. Not my cup of tea at all. Did the training mission, was crap at it, replayed that mission, was crap again, gave up. Have never been a fan of on-rails shooters. They're a bit 80s.

Strike Suit Zero is a bit better. It's not really my thing but it's okay - for free. Will tide me over for a few days. Did the training mission, was crap at it, replayed that mission, was a bit better at it, moved on to the next mission.

Might give Titanfall another look soon. There's been some new dlc. One new map pack (at a cost) and one free update that adds a few things (such as the ability to buy and sell burn cards, rather than just binning your excess ones). If matchmaking is working okay I might get the map pack - which is supposed to be good.

All in all I'm largely just burning time ahead of Minecraft hopefully coming out later this month. I know it's often ridiculed, as it's a game with no real objective and it's appeal is hard to explain, but I liked the clone I played a couple of years ago and am keen to try out the real thing.
(As for it being hard to explain, and having no real objective, I'm comfortable with that. Explaining it to non-gamers is actually easier than explaining Sim City to them!)
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline Late

« Reply #305 on: August 12, 2014, 02:17:45 PM »
"Rise of the Tomb Raider" will be xbox exclusive.

Did NOT see that coming. Must've cost Microsoft a fucktonne.

Offline Late

« Reply #306 on: August 13, 2014, 02:57:30 PM »
"Rise of the Tomb Raider" will be xbox exclusive.
Did NOT see that coming. Must've cost Microsoft a fucktonne.

Ah. They've now said it's exclusivity is timed - but they won't say for how long.
So we're probably looking at Q4 in 2015 on xbox and then Q1 or Q2 in 2016 for other platforms.

Offline Late

« Reply #307 on: August 19, 2014, 09:06:05 AM »
No survey this month on xbox rewards.
It seems they're now going to do them once every two or three months, instead of monthly :(

Offline Late

« Reply #308 on: September 02, 2014, 02:47:54 PM »
Child of Light and LocoCycle are both reduced this week on the One, in the "Deals with Gold" initiative.
I don't fancy LocoCycle, but Child of Light might be worth a look.

Child Of Light - £8.03 (was £11.99)
LocoCycle - £4.79 (was £7.99)

Offline jman

« Reply #309 on: September 20, 2014, 02:10:21 PM »
Ooh I like the new gamerscore leaderboard on the dash (mainly because I'm top)

Gamerscore in last 30 days:

1. Me - 2045
2. Kenny - 700
3. Late - 550

8) 8) 8)

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #310 on: September 20, 2014, 07:59:06 PM »
I'd rather think of it as the nerdscore leaderboard.  :P

Offline jman

« Reply #311 on: September 20, 2014, 11:17:38 PM »
Can't be, late would be top by a mile... The only people I know who play minecraft are children and nerds  8)

Offline Late

« Reply #312 on: September 22, 2014, 03:52:41 AM »
Have just checked my stats and it turns out I've played 0 days, 0 hours, and 0 minutes of "World Of Warcraft".....

Offline jman

« Reply #313 on: September 22, 2014, 10:30:08 AM »
Heh.. so does mine.. in the last 7 years at least anyway  ;)

Offline harv

« Reply #314 on: September 30, 2014, 02:37:46 PM »
Never understood the popularity of World Of Warcraft. It wasn't 'hardcore' enough for my liking. It would be different if your character died and you lost everything rather than being able to carry on regardless afterwards. :-\
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever