https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: CONFERENCE TWO  (Read 525586 times)

Offline Mancunian_Nick

Re: CONFERENCE TWO
« Reply #1665 on: May 24, 2014, 01:04:18 AM »
I did wonder, Brads, to be honest. No points are usually easy against the likes of Blades and others, although was very grateful for the 3 points. :)

Hoping for a better season this time than last. Disappointed not to be in top 8 to be honest. Oh well c'est la vie.  :P
Tottenham Hotspur

Offline Chili

« Reply #1666 on: June 11, 2014, 12:47:17 PM »
I was hoping you'd run your default ATs again last night, Stato! Noticed you had been on to change your ATs, so had to change them last minute. I was hoping for a lucky break, really disappointing. :'( ;D
Port Morrow/Colour City

Offline Stato1

« Reply #1667 on: June 11, 2014, 08:11:30 PM »
Just do random tactics when I can be bothered m8 you should win the league easy this season

Stato
Leeds Legends FL1 Champions Season 32

Stato Leeds Again Moved To 1-1-4 While Rebuilding

Offline Chili

« Reply #1668 on: June 12, 2014, 12:43:56 AM »
You never know mate, have a history of always screwing up in the end.

On a different note, using 9 reserves tonight. Let's grab some popcorn and see my two players from the starting eleven get injuried or go AWOL tomorrow. ::)
Port Morrow/Colour City

Offline Mancunian_Nick

« Reply #1669 on: June 13, 2014, 12:08:30 PM »
Just do random tactics when I can be bothered m8 you should win the league easy this season

Stato

So ruddy typical you were "bothered" when you played ME then! :D

Started off so well then lost one of my best midfielders for about 10 days then he comes back, then gets injured again for another 12 days closely followed by one of my best strikers for ANOTHER 12 days. The game's conspiring against me it would seem. How the mighty have fallen.  :-\

Anyway starting to come back now so fingers crossed.  :P
Tottenham Hotspur

Offline davo

• Marching on Together. Leeds Leeds Leeds
« Reply #1670 on: June 13, 2014, 12:57:37 PM »
I have been doing random tactics for 95% of games since I joined "smokey". I have been setting all my fixtures up at the start of the season for the past 4 seasons and  playing 5-2-3 longball in all weather - and I have probably had my best form on smokey doing that.....sad really.

I used to spend ages researching peoples previous tactics back in the old days on the other servers, but I really cannot be arsed to do that anymore. It's no real benefit anyway as it is all guesswork about how the opponent will set up - plus the ME makes a nonsense of the management aspect of the game.

Offline Mancunian_Nick

« Reply #1671 on: June 13, 2014, 02:52:22 PM »
Sadly I have to agree with you there, davo. Games I think I have sewn up then go pear shaped. I even lost a game not too long ago when my opponent scored in the 90th minute for heaven's sake! :( I suspect what you say about the ME is absolutely true. Oh well.

Incidently, I guess this has probably been discussed before but is there some kind of bug with this 5-2-3 malarky that many of you seem to do or is it just a matter of that gets you maximum gelling because I'd always thought gelling wasn't really much of an aspect (impact?) on games? Just curious. Sadly I don't have enough good defenders to do that. 4-3-3 is the best I can muster at the moment. tra-la-la (was going to say oh well again but don't like to repeat myself :D)
Tottenham Hotspur

Offline Chili

« Reply #1672 on: June 13, 2014, 03:31:49 PM »
My theory is that when CG initially programmed this game, they obviously made it so that player stats would play a significant role. However, due to the nature of the defenders, a squad running 5-2-3 would rarely reach the same total stats as a team with five midfielders. My guess is that they lowered the significance of players stats for 5-2-3 drastically, otherwise there would be literally no reason to ever use anything besides a 5 midfield formation.

However, lots of the top teams do have ridiculously strong defenders. So they get the natural advantage of using 5-2-3 and are easily able to match a 4-5-1 squad in terms of stats, which I reckon completely cancels out whatever disadvantage you might get from playing Longball in the sun or wind. That, and the added bonus of perfect gelling and morale for every match.
Port Morrow/Colour City

Offline Brads

« Reply #1673 on: June 13, 2014, 07:18:46 PM »
I'm not so sure, don't get me wrong as a generic formation 523 is the best out there!

I still wouldn't use it in 451 conditions though as I don't think you score as many goals and in tough conferences that can be key
Steel City Blades - I will win everything even if it takes me forever to do it!
Flashing Blade - "Got any leeches for this?"

Offline Chili

« Reply #1674 on: June 13, 2014, 10:53:48 PM »
I agree! I feel like many of those 1-1 draws with 5-2-3 becomes a 2-1 victory with 4-5-1. On the other hand, I feel like 5-2-3 are less prone to random goals against them, so plenty of 0-0 draws are turned into a 0-1 loss. I think 5-2-3 is a necessary evil in this game, there needs to be other effective formations other than just 4-5-1 imo.

I think both formations has a purpose, though. Personally I think 5-2-3 is well-suited for a crazy competitive league where no team can win by a landslide, whereas 4-5-1 is much better in a league with only a few competitive teams. If one team goes to win the majority of their games, you kind of have to do the same, and that's more difficult with 5-2-3 since you are less likely to get rewarded with random goals. However, in a league without any completely dominant teams, earning a draw can sometimes count for a win.
Port Morrow/Colour City

Offline Chili

« Reply #1675 on: July 08, 2014, 08:52:34 AM »
Thought for sure somebody was going to catch up the minute my form dropped but finally dodged that bullet. ;D

Now I just have catch up in Rocking Soccer! I think I bought one of your players the other day, Alex. You should join us in the Australian league. ;D
Port Morrow/Colour City

Offline Brads

« Reply #1676 on: July 08, 2014, 12:44:19 PM »
Well done mate!

Losing to you 2 last week really ended any chance I had
Steel City Blades - I will win everything even if it takes me forever to do it!
Flashing Blade - "Got any leeches for this?"

Offline womble

• Bayern Arse
    • Bayern Arse (conf2)
« Reply #1677 on: July 09, 2014, 01:11:19 AM »
Now I just have catch up in Rocking Soccer! I think I bought one of your players the other day, Alex. You should join us in the Australian league. ;D

Yes you bought my dodgy keeper the other day. You got yourself a bargain  ;)
Bayern Arse (2-1-1)

Offline captain_kush

• Administrator
« Reply #1678 on: July 15, 2014, 07:33:15 PM »
As Arnie would say, "I'll be back"
Kushberry F.C & Purple Gelato
Forum Admin

Offline Mancunian_Nick

« Reply #1679 on: September 09, 2014, 04:10:22 AM »
Last post 15th July? Hmmm. About time I kick started some life back into this thread methinks. What's up people, cat got your tongues?! :P :D
Tottenham Hotspur