https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: CONFERENCE TWO  (Read 524208 times)

Offline stevenm

• Global Moderator
Re: CONFERENCE TWO
« Reply #240 on: April 29, 2012, 07:53:56 AM »
Day21 Results

Sat, 28 Apr 2012   White hart lane   0 - 3    Steel City Blades   
 Sat, 28 Apr 2012   Touchnplay   0 - 3    UNIV. CRAIOVA   
 Sat, 28 Apr 2012   Didier Drogba Fan Club   1 - 0    FC Town of Luton   
 Sat, 28 Apr 2012   Forever Blowing Bubbles   0 - 0    Cubana Villains   
 Sat, 28 Apr 2012   Spartak   0 - 2    HaDoKeN F.C   
 Sat, 28 Apr 2012   Rocket Rangers   0 - 3    Bayern Arse   
 Sat, 28 Apr 2012   Tottenham Hotspur   0 - 1    Tipton Tornadoes   
 Sat, 28 Apr 2012   HH Beticos   0 - 2    The Pink Charlottes

TheBlades kept the pressure on with an easy win away at the doomed TheLane, they couldnt close the gap however as TheRomanian put TheTouch to the sword with an impressive away win. TheFanClub pulled away from the relegation zone with a good win against FCLuton. TheBubbles and TheCuban fought out a goaless draw, sadly for TheCuban there have been too many draws this season. TheCaptain went to Spartak and emerged victorious to leave the top2 a little anxious. Bayern had a good win against a resurgent Rocket. Tottenham need some points quick or they may find themselves in deep trouble very soon as they lost at home to Tipton. ThePink won away at Beticos who also needs a little run of points quick.
Didier Drogba Fan Club - Every Drog has his day

Offline MartinW63

« Reply #241 on: April 29, 2012, 08:30:26 AM »
Typical mention injuries and awols and I get 2 of each! Well played Steve you must have got hold of my tactic book before the game, so complete was your tactical advantage. Hopefully you'll stay up now and we can have more write ups next season on my battle against relegation!
FC Town Of Luton - Cheap and Nasty since 1964
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Offline Mancunian_Nick

« Reply #242 on: April 30, 2012, 08:47:52 AM »
One thing I have noticed is the older players tend to train up quicker? Is this just me or has anyone else noticed this?

No, t'is true, they do train quicker, although there are always exceptions to the rule depending on hidden stats of course. Would you believe I have one of those? Older player now in season 3 or 4 I think and whilst he's improved, it's nothing to write home about, as they say. Oh well. :)
Tottenham Hotspur

Offline Mancunian_Nick

« Reply #243 on: April 30, 2012, 08:54:06 AM »
Day21 Results

Sat, 28 Apr 2012   Tottenham Hotspur   0 - 1    Tipton Tornadoes   

Tottenham need some points quick or they may find themselves in deep trouble very soon as they lost at home to Tipton. ThePink won away at Beticos who also needs a little run of points quick.

This is the 2nd result I've had (no disrespect intended to Tipton at all who played well) which I simply fail to understand where it went wrong?! According to the report, he had 61% possession to my 49. Really? Let's look - I was ahead for the first 45 minutes - no score. Then we were the same for 15 minutes until 60 minutes when he went ahead and oh look! 6 minutes later he scores! Really? Then (without looking/checking again) I think we were the same again for the last 15 minutes but whichever way you look at it, I don't understand why (a) I didn't score - my strikers aren't exactly rubbish and (b) how are the stats worked out? And yes, that last question is rhetorical. I don't expect *anyone* to know the answer to that! :D

If you screw up, it's easy to understand where you went wrong and fix it. Results like I get sometimes that I fail to comprehend ... well enough griping for today methinks. Got more important things to worry about today. :)
Tottenham Hotspur

Offline Chili

« Reply #244 on: April 30, 2012, 11:14:31 AM »
Actually you were even for the first 57 minutes, that goal came down team stats (Tipton's team is probably even stronger than UNIV in terms of honestly). ;)

In my opinion, possession is just an arbitrary number. There are elements that seems to influence the possession (aggression being the biggest) but other elements have a much larger effect on the gameplay. I seriously doubt the possession and shots are even real elements in the game (the engine can't possibly be sophisticted enough to play out entire games as if it were a real football game.. and if it was, we would've been able to see more than just the "GAME IN PROGRESS" screen. ;)), I think most of the statistics are just for appearance's sake.

I think there are a lot of match-determining factors in this game though, I just don't think the match reports display more than the end result. :P
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 11:17:16 AM by Chiiiiii »
Port Morrow/Colour City

Offline Brads

« Reply #245 on: April 30, 2012, 02:13:53 PM »
I must admit I agree with Chiiii on this!

I think the most important factor is team stats followed by TA!

A team with much higher stats will win regardless of TA and if your teams stats are better you can go longer against TA without conceding! if teams stats are similar then TA plays a bigger part.
Then there's little things like gelling, morale, stamina (especially in extra time) I think even captain and set piece takers make a slight difference otherwise why would there be an option to change them?
Steel City Blades - I will win everything even if it takes me forever to do it!
Flashing Blade - "Got any leeches for this?"

Offline Brads

« Reply #246 on: April 30, 2012, 02:37:02 PM »
As for the transfer market, I find it impossible to get a top quality defender (even being a 10k a player man) they're so rare!!
When there is one about 40 people bid for him and even if only half of them bid 10k that's still only a 1/20 chance of getting them, top midfielders are pretty easy to buy and sometimes go for less than 10k especially if you get a day with 3 or 4 on for the same position, strikers are pretty easy to get aswell for less than 10k unless your patient enough to wait for a real top quality one! Keepers tend to be pretty similar in stats anyway so I only ever spend 500 on a keeper and get a young one to train up!

I've never really gambled with old players so not sure about how they train, I'd rather spend on a player that lasts 8-10 seasons where I'll get atleast 5-6 at top stats than one that only lasts 4-6 seasons to start with!

As Kush says the hardest part is having your squad so they don't all decline at once while trying to get them all at there peak together! It's a hard task, I managed to get maybe 10 at there peak last 2 seasons which was the main reason for my success but now most of those have been replaced and there's a few more to replace next season, unfortunately for me I think there mostly defenders aswell  :(

Offline MartinW63

« Reply #247 on: April 30, 2012, 03:51:39 PM »
Good to see everyone chipping in as usual. That's what makes this the best conference by far  :D. Now about tonight - Captain any chance of you taking it easy on my tired, aging players ;)?
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Offline captain_kush

• Administrator
« Reply #248 on: April 30, 2012, 11:27:03 PM »
Good to see everyone chipping in as usual. That's what makes this the best conference by far  :D. Now about tonight - Captain any chance of you taking it easy on my tired, aging players ;)?

I'm afraid not Martin! - It's a must win tonight if I am going to keep the pressure against the top 2 !!
Kushberry F.C & Purple Gelato
Forum Admin

Offline Mancunian_Nick

« Reply #249 on: May 01, 2012, 02:48:13 AM »
I must admit I agree with Chiiii on this!

I think the most important factor is team stats followed by TA!

A team with much higher stats will win regardless of TA and if your teams stats are better you can go longer against TA without conceding! if teams stats are similar then TA plays a bigger part.
Then there's little things like gelling, morale, stamina (especially in extra time) I think even captain and set piece takers make a slight difference otherwise why would there be an option to change them?

I'm grateful to you and Chiii for your input, Brads, and whilst I do agree to what you say about the match reports, I didn't think my team was bad in those 2 games I referred to so I'm not quite sure what you mean about my team stats being worse? Mind you, I obviously can't see theirs so maybe I can't comment very well on that? I certainly always play an experienced player with the highest morale and overall as my captain and same with corner taker and free kick man and my midfielders ain't that bad to be fair - quite a few 99s across the board almost but hey ho, never mind. All adds to the surprise element I guess. I was just surprised my scorers don't do better in a lot of games coz they're pretty good too - in my opinion of course and maybe as the manager I'm a bit biased? lol
Tottenham Hotspur

Offline stevenm

• Global Moderator
« Reply #250 on: May 01, 2012, 07:00:31 AM »
Day22 Results

Mon, 30 Apr 2012   Tipton Tornadoes   0 - 2    Steel City Blades   
  Mon, 30 Apr 2012   The Pink Charlottes   1 - 2    UNIV. CRAIOVA   
  Mon, 30 Apr 2012   HaDoKeN F.C   1 - 2    FC Town of Luton   
  Mon, 30 Apr 2012   Bayern Arse   0 - 2    Cubana Villains   
  Mon, 30 Apr 2012   Didier Drogba Fan Club   2 - 0    Spartak   
  Mon, 30 Apr 2012   Forever Blowing Bubbles   1 - 1    Rocket Rangers
  Mon, 30 Apr 2012   White hart lane   0 - 5    Tottenham Hotspur   
  Mon, 30 Apr 2012   Touchnplay   0 - 0    HH Beticos

TheBlades continued their winning ways with a good win at Tipton but again couldnt make an impression as TheRomanian sealed an away win at ThePink. TheCaptain lost touch after losing at home to a rejuvinated FCLuton and now will be looking to secure champs league qualification. TheCuban returned to the top4 with an away win at Bayern. TheFanClub continued their recent good form with a win against Spartak. TheBubbles and TheRocket fought out a draw. Tottenham relieved the pressure with a hammering of TheLane and TheTouch are in big trouble after fighting out a goaless draw with Beticos.
Didier Drogba Fan Club - Every Drog has his day

Offline captain_kush

• Administrator
« Reply #251 on: May 01, 2012, 11:20:59 AM »
Well done Martin, got me there.
From looking at the report... Feel i got a bit robbed there. Should of at least got the 1 point.
Kushberry F.C & Purple Gelato
Forum Admin

Offline MartinW63

« Reply #252 on: May 01, 2012, 11:32:42 AM »
Captain I think you are right should have been a point a piece :o. I guess the subs made the difference for my 1st goal as the TA up to that point was 6 mins to you (18 v 12). After that I got lucky! Your still a shoe in for TCL, Ive kept my outside chance alive  :).
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Offline Chili

« Reply #253 on: May 01, 2012, 11:35:44 AM »
Unfortunate Kush, at least took some pressure off me. ;)
Port Morrow/Colour City

Offline Brads

« Reply #254 on: May 01, 2012, 01:15:19 PM »
I reckon I need to bag all 24 points on offer to steal this one off you Chiiii!
That's very doubtful in this division  :-\