https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: The Premiership 2018-2019 Thread  (Read 65153 times)

Offline harv

Re: The Premiership 2018-2019 Thread
« Reply #180 on: December 30, 2018, 06:08:31 PM »
Oops! Bailly deservedly sent off lol :o ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline harv

« Reply #181 on: December 31, 2018, 04:55:02 PM »
Here's a comparison of stats between Pogba playing under Ollie and Pogba playing under Maureen:
Code: [Select]
                             Ollie      Jose

Games Played                    3 14
Minutes Played               270 1136
Goals per game              1.33 0.24
Assists per game         1 0.24
Shots per game              4.33 3.17
Shots on target per game 3 1.66
Chances Created per game 2.67 1.43
Passes per game              96.33 64.17
Passing Accuracy       86.2 82.8
Tackles per game         2 1.11
Interceptions               1.33 0.4
Touches                     113.67 86.59

Says it all really lol

I'm surprised none of these newspapers or TV stations or pundits have dived into the stats for passes forward under Ollie, van Gaal and Maureen. I reckon we must be playing three or four times more passes forward compared to playing under those two managers. :o
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 05:00:01 PM by harv »
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline harv

« Reply #182 on: January 01, 2019, 08:28:52 PM »
Shit. The latest rumour is that we're going to sign Costa. I fucking hope not, the man is a disgrace to football. Hopefully the more accurate sounding rumour is going to work out to be true - Ollie isn't going to be given any money to spend, and any new players must be free transfers or loan deals.

Offline iaskthequestions

« Reply #183 on: January 01, 2019, 11:45:56 PM »
Costa is better than any striker you have at United currently.

Offline harv

« Reply #184 on: January 01, 2019, 11:51:18 PM »
Costa is better than any striker you have at United currently.

Absolutely. His goalscoring prowess isn't in question. But I don't want that man anywhere near my football club. He's a disgraceful human being, always has been and always will be.

Offline jman

« Reply #185 on: January 02, 2019, 04:34:08 PM »
Yet harv idolises Cantona.. the guy who kung fu kicked a fan in the face.  Costa didn't ever get a PL red card for Chelsea.. he's an angel compared.

Besides, this will never happen, dunno where you even got the idea from.. why would he want to take a step backwards and go to United ;)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 05:07:50 PM by jman »

Offline harv

« Reply #186 on: January 02, 2019, 06:31:51 PM »
Cantona kung fu kicked a bigot, Costa is a filthy player that bites people, spits at people and should have had three times more red cards in his career than he has done so far. The man is a disgrace.

Offline harv

« Reply #187 on: January 02, 2019, 08:20:22 PM »
The Geordies are looking up for this, they're playing very well indeed so far, looking dangerous  :o

Offline harv

« Reply #188 on: January 02, 2019, 08:51:32 PM »
0-0 at half-time with both sides having good chances. It was a close half but United just edged it as the better side, but both sides going in even is a fair half-time result I think.

Offline harv

« Reply #189 on: January 02, 2019, 09:24:12 PM »
Sanchez and Lukaku come on for Martial and Mata and Lukaku is looking to take the Super Sub name from our Ollie, he scores with his first touch lol ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #190 on: January 02, 2019, 09:41:48 PM »
Rashford makes it 2-0, nice passing movement from United again. Am surprised that Pogba hasn't been booked. He should have got one yellow for a bit of argy bargy when he was fouled earlier and another yellow for a push on Shelvey.

Not that I'm complaining lol ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #191 on: January 02, 2019, 09:58:31 PM »
A decent win and a clean sheet. And a draw for Chelsea narrows down that gap to 4th place to 6 points.

4 wins in his first 4 league games, nobody has done that at United since Matt Busby  :o 8)

Offline harv

« Reply #192 on: January 04, 2019, 08:03:22 PM »
And the red scouse gits had their first wobble last night. If the goal line technology wasn't as accurate as it is they might have got a result if that goal had stood!

A bit of time off for some of our players with us playing Reading in the FA Cup tomorrow afternoon, Ollie is bound to be resting a good few of our players and then they're all off to Dubai for a bit of warm weather training like they did last year with Maureen.

And then they're back for Ollie's first proper test against the Spuds. I'm A LOT more comfortable with us playing any of the top 5 under Ollie than I ever was with Maureen and van Gaal, it's going to be interesting to see how he does against better competition.

Offline harv

« Reply #193 on: January 11, 2019, 11:29:00 AM »
Turns out I got the wrong Costa, thank fuck! It's Douglas Costa not Diego. Phew!

There's talk of us doing a swap for Pogba. Not sure that he'll want to go now that we're playing attacking football again though.

Offline harv

« Reply #194 on: January 12, 2019, 05:18:16 PM »
arse dropped another 3 points this afternoon. Hopefully Chelsea are going to do the same so that we get closer to 4th place if we beat Spurs tomorrow!

We'll probably be playing deeper than we have been for Ollie's first four matches tomorrow and look to catch Spurs on the break. Maybe 10 yards or so deeper than we have been, so the line isn't going to be quite so high. Ollie has said that we're not going to go naively gung-ho but that doesn't mean that he's going to do a Maureen and play defensively for 90 minutes. We'll still play attacking football I think but we won't be playing with such a high line as we have been lately.

I'm still expecting our full backs pushing forward because when we lose possession our two defensive midfielders will cover them until they can race back again.

A MUCH bigger test for Ollie tomorrow but now that we're playing fast-paced attacking football again I'm A LOT more confident about playing the current top 5 teams than I ever was with Maureen in charge. 8)

I'm not sure if Ollie is going to win tomorrow because winning 6 games on the trot is quite a big ask, not even Sir Matt Busby managed that but I'll be happy with a point away from home tbh.