https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 680461 times)

Offline Late

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #2865 on: July 23, 2014, 10:39:25 PM »
Not long. It's only scheduled to last until 27/07.
I've got it downloaded and will have a look tonight.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline Late

« Reply #2866 on: July 23, 2014, 11:26:03 PM »
Started downloading the beta at about 6:30. It said it was okay to play a few minutes later, with 10% downloaded - but there's been lots of people saying it caused them a lot if grief doing that and you're better if waiting until it's fully downloaded, so I opted to wait.
Five hours later and it's still downloading :|
(Is at 91% so not long to go, but I'm really looking forward to my broadband increase next year, now! )
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #2867 on: July 24, 2014, 07:42:19 AM »
Mine took about 2 hours.. I got to the class select screen and then turned it off.. was too tired. 

Will give it a quick go tonight or tomorrow

Offline Late

« Reply #2868 on: July 24, 2014, 10:21:23 AM »
Yeah, I didn't get a chance to play it last night (been doing a bit of hill walking on evenings lately, so that's taking up time and is also leaving me a bit tired on a night) but will definitely have a look tonight and hopefully get some serious time on it this weekend.

Offline harv

« Reply #2869 on: July 24, 2014, 03:36:27 PM »
Hill walking..? :o

Blimey, what with Jman and his cycling and you with your walking I'm beginning to feel chubby lol ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #2870 on: July 24, 2014, 04:02:35 PM »
Never really got into Halo but I'm told the Destiny gameplay is very Halo: Reach-esque. I think when it comes out I'm just gonna hang around with Jman as he was obviously a Halo God.

Offline jman

« Reply #2871 on: July 24, 2014, 06:38:41 PM »
Hah, do love my halo.. especially killing n00bs.. probably wont get to play tonight.. but forgot the missus is out tomorrow so be able to give it a good go then..  busy all weekend unfortunately so wont get any time then  :(  If its anything like Halo, I'll be putting a pre-order down  :D

Offline Late

« Reply #2872 on: July 24, 2014, 07:44:09 PM »
Have done the campaign/tutorial stuff, and am impressed so far - before getting to the real game and multiplayer. Plays well, and it looks like there's some nice rpg-type elements to improving skills and equipment as you progress.

Offline jman

« Reply #2873 on: July 25, 2014, 05:49:33 PM »
I was enjoying it until I went to the space hub.. then went to do the next mission.. and saw other players joining in the fighting... no no no... I don't want to play an MMO in any shape or form.. I looked for an option to just play on my own.. but couldn't find any.... the server chucked me off soon afterwards.. I'm sure random disconnections will be encountered less in the real game.. but it's a problem that hampers any kind of online-only game

Sorry Kenny, think you might have to find someone else to hide behind.. I don't particularly like it and I think the beta is enough to put me off buying it... whilst some parts are definitely Halo-esque.. its got more in common with Borderlands.. which I never really got on that well - my friend who loves Borderlands 2 bought me a copy and we played it through to the end, there were some enjoyable parts and its better playing with a real life friend... but on the whole, I never got into the game as much as other people who have played it have.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 05:53:22 PM by jman »

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #2874 on: July 25, 2014, 10:39:42 PM »
I never played Borderlands, but it sounds like I would enjoy it! I did most of the missions available myself on the beta but the final one I had to do with 2 other people as it was very difficult. It was a bit annoying as one guy didn't seem to realise getting blown up by a huge spider tank thing (called Devil Walkers, I think) means instant death, so he didn't bother trying to dodge its attacks and just kept dying... I think the MMO elements are going to be alien to a lot of standard FPS players just expecting to come on and shoot things, so getting any sort of teamwork going might be tough. I'll probably play by myself a lot unless I have a couple of friends online I can party up with.

I tried out a second class today, made myself a Titan and I can now see why I wasn't doing so well in the Crucible (player vs player) as a Warlock! The classes seem balanced but I think I'll need to learn more about fighting as a Warlock if I choose to be that class in the full game as they don't seem to be quite as good in close combat as Titans.

Offline Late

« Reply #2875 on: July 26, 2014, 02:58:21 AM »
Had my first go in the Crucible (multiplayer arena) this evening. Not sure what class I am. Sine sorry if robot magician.
I didn't fare very well. I think I had something like 4 kills and 20 deaths.
Kept getting crushed by people jumping into the air and doing some sort of ground smash move.

Offline harv

« Reply #2876 on: July 26, 2014, 11:56:27 AM »

Bayonetta 2 is looking better and better each time I see it. Dat wave :o 8) ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline harv

« Reply #2877 on: July 26, 2014, 07:07:12 PM »
And in 60fps-o-vision:

http://a.pomf.se/whxbap.webm

Fucking hell, this game looks sooooooo fucking smooth!!! :o

Offline Late

« Reply #2878 on: July 26, 2014, 11:02:59 PM »
Still Bayonetta. Still rubbish.

Offline harv

« Reply #2879 on: July 26, 2014, 11:24:02 PM »
Meh. :P

Just coz u don't have da skillz 2 play action gamez 8)