https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 680747 times)

Offline jman

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #2895 on: August 26, 2014, 02:58:58 PM »
Pre-ordered NHL 15 today as its out in a few weeks.. couldn't remember if I had already done so, so I might end up with two copies..  :-\

Offline harv

« Reply #2896 on: August 26, 2014, 03:13:09 PM »
The mind is always the first thing to go... :o :P
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline jman

« Reply #2897 on: August 27, 2014, 03:45:08 PM »
I don't usually buy annualised versions of games in successive years but I did own NHL14 and Fifa14 last year and played NHL an obscene amount - probably the best hockey game in a long time.  Downloaded the demo of the new one on the X1 and it looks absolutely gorgeous and plays really well too, looking forward to it

Offline jman

« Reply #2898 on: August 27, 2014, 08:23:26 PM »
Are PC games going up in price.. £38 seems to be the norm for a new copy of The Sims 4 - I might of had a look in if I could get it for £25.. no way I'm forking out near on £40 for it though.. perhaps these are retail prices only ?  :-\

Offline Late

« Reply #2899 on: August 28, 2014, 03:15:27 AM »
EA have definitely been putting prices up in the last year or two. They seem to be the main culprits - I've not noticed a price increase policy from other publishers.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #2900 on: August 30, 2014, 02:52:26 PM »
Started playing Dead Space 3 (got it free when I got Sim City) - its bloody rubbish compared to the first 2  >:(

Offline Late

« Reply #2901 on: September 01, 2014, 09:42:12 AM »
Games with gold, September 2014:

XBOX ONE:
Super Time Force (new - available now until 30 Sept)
Crimson Dragon (was free in August - available now until 30 Sept)

XBOX 360:
Monaco (new - available now until 15 Sept)
Halo Reach (new - available 16 Sept until 30 Sept)

Reasonable result. Super Time Force looks like it could be good fun, and I don't think I have Halo Reach.

PS+ games September:
Velocity 2x - ps4
Sportsfriends - ps4
Playstation All Star Battle Royale - ps3
Hoard - ps3
TxK - psV
Joe Danger - psV
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 09:48:30 AM by Late »
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #2902 on: September 01, 2014, 10:11:59 AM »
Aaaaargh!!! Abyss is doing my bloody head in lol :o ;D ;D ;D

Like I said before it's one of those old-school games in terms of difficulty that you used to see regularly released 20 or 30 years ago. You'll end up dying LOADS as you play it but keep on coming back to it saying, 'RIGHT!!! Just ONE more go!!!' ;D ;D ;D And then when you do beat the level eventually you get a ridiculous amount of satisfaction from doing it. I ended up a couple of days ago being in the position you always find yourself in with these sort of games where your Mojo is working like nobody's business. I breezed through 3 or 4 levels without a problem, all apart from one in my first go. But I was pretty tired and it was late so I decided to stop and go to beddy byes. Fatal mistake!!! :o >:( ;D :P

Now I'm stuck on mission 9 out of 12 and have been for a couple of days. Bloody typical lol ;D

The game is fantastic, most of the work done by just 3 people too. If they decide to bring it to the PS4 or Xbox One I highly recommend it, VERY reasonably priced on the Wii U eShop as well, just £1.79...and I got it for 75% off too because I had bought another game previously so it only cost me 44p lol. I really like some of these deals that are regularly featured in the eShop. 8) ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline jman

« Reply #2903 on: September 01, 2014, 07:02:51 PM »
That super time force is a pretty mental, complex game.  It looks fairly simplistic but I bet some of the challenges/achievements are a bitch... Will be going for 100% before NHL is out  :D

Offline jman

« Reply #2904 on: September 02, 2014, 01:35:37 PM »
cdkeys selling Sims 4 for £25.99 that's more like it.. downloading now.. release date isn't until the 5th September.. but its out in other parts of the world.. so you can use a vpn to trick origin into letting you play the game early  ;D

Offline Late

« Reply #2905 on: September 02, 2014, 02:36:10 PM »
Would probably get that for the kids - if my computer could handle it, and if the kids weren't such complete morons with tech.

Banned one of them from the computer, last night. She knows she's not allowed to download or install anything (I'd have her on a limited account, but for some reason Steam wouldn't play unless I gave the account admin rights).
Last night I discovered that in the last few days she's installed a load of dodgy video-editing tools so she could put a video (ice bucket challenge) onto youtube, and has also installed several games. And also - and most worrying - she's installed a logmein type program to allow someone remote access to my computer.

Ugh.

Banned for a month, I've removed all recent programs (including the logmein thing), and done an AVG virus scan - found 14 (mainly trojans).
Fourteen?! I've only had two viruses in the last twenty years before this week!
If she does anything that stupid again she's banned for life. She's already, when much younger, borked an old computer I gave her, a laptop she got new a few years ago, and the family pc to the degree I formatted and reinstalled the OS a few months ago. I thought we'd be okay now she's 17 and supposedly not so stupid and naive.
FML.

Offline harv

« Reply #2906 on: September 02, 2014, 04:39:23 PM »
Lmfao ;D ;D ;D

I hate to think what you'd find if you checked it with a decent virus checker :o

You should check it out with Eset instead mate. It's the best there is mate imo.

Offline jman

« Reply #2907 on: September 03, 2014, 07:31:18 AM »
Know the pain dude.. well kindof.  Being the only one in the family with any modicum of sense when it comes to computers, I've always been the one having to sort shit out like this.

My dad gave my little brother his own pc and within a matter of months it was ruined.  It basically got to the point where he couldn't even use the internet because of the amount of crap on it.  He had downloaded some kind of browser hijacker which kept sending them to pages telling them they had loads of viruses and to pay and download this thing that would get rid of it.  My dad's never been that clever when it comes to computers, so actually paid for this thing  ::).. which obviously in turn downloaded more crap on the computer... at that point, he rang me up and told me what was going on.

It wasn't even worth my while trying to delete stuff.. I just told him to reformat it and lesson learnt.  Although a few months later I went round and there was tons more spyware and malware on there  :o  I don't think I've had a single virus on my pc for about 10 - 15 years now.  Anything potentially dodgy I do download, I'll download to a virtual machine first just to make sure it doesn't mess stuff up.

Offline jman

« Reply #2908 on: September 04, 2014, 10:50:20 AM »
I mainly bought the Sims 4 for my missus as she loves these games, but I've been having a go myself in the same world as her sim (but a different household).. twas funny last night.. she had been playing for hours.. I was moaning for her to get off and to stop pestering my sim... then she said.. I think my Sim is dead.. I looked up and her sim had been "woohooing" with my sim and whilst mine went to sleep, hers got out of bed and died... LOL... she was literally shagged to death.

Late, you might find your pc is ok for TS4.. they lowered the specs to make the game more accessible to people.. its not bad.. the loading times are pretty minimal and I like some of the upgrades from TS3... but a typical EA release.. loads of content missing.  And we are talking basic content.. like the ability to build a pool (which has been in every iteration of The Sims).. they have also got rid of the toddler lifetime and removed ghosts, and plenty more.. they even got rid of the pretty impressive creation mode from TS3.. obviously you can still create your sims how you want.. but its very limited in comparison to TS3.

On the plus, houses are much more flexible to build, the emotions between different sims are much more complex, there are additions to the jobs/skills system and you sim can multi-task at last.. so you can have a crap while reading a book for example.

Offline Late

« Reply #2909 on: September 04, 2014, 11:40:44 AM »
I have Sims 3, and I think that played fine, but I think I checked whether my pc could run Sims 4 with http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri and got a negative.

Maybe I'm remembering it wrong, though, and thinking of another game.
Have just checked the office computer, which I think is similar to my home one, and this'll run it. Just about.

Really need to upgrade my computer at some point, but I'm broke.
Could maybe get away with just upgrading the OS, but tbh I'd probably be better off just getting a new tower. The one I have was second hand when I bought it, and that was best part of a decade ago!